#121 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,624 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:11 PM

Here in AK, it is actually illegal to be in physical possession of a firearm while under the influence of any alcohol. 

#122 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:54 PM

I'm not at a range like ur thinking most likely. It's all private property in the middle of land we own. I been ok with my couple beers while I shoot arrangement for a very long time now. Thanks for the tip tho.

Yes we have a rifle range on this property.
Is true tho I probably wouldn't recommend it to people either though that is a very fair statement.

Truth be told I have shot 2 moccasins in areas my dog tries to swim, a couple nuisance armadillos and scared off a wild hog. This was in the last three weeks. But they didnt become issues until after work cocktail hour. I say when managing the land it pays to know how to shoot in conditional states. Plus it's not like I'm drinking a 12 pack while I attempt shots like that.

I absolutely will not drink and drive though. Maybe that makes you guys feel a little better idk just sayin cant always choose when u will have to do some things protecting your crops or animals. At least here. I agree it's not something I should encourage and was simply joking. I wasnt intending to encourage anyone doing anything dangerous or illegal.

Edited by makinbones69, 12 August 2020 - 06:46 PM.

#123 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,265 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:43 PM

Plus one on not mixing drinking and fire-arms.

Neighbor and I were shooting .22 colibri rounds at targets in his garage. The trigger pull on the pistol had been modified for hair-trigger touch.

I was handed a live, loaded weapon and managed to shoot my flip-flop (which I had taken off for better stance). Thank goodness my foot was not in it at the time. Beer didn't really help my accuracy either.

I like my beer and I like my fire-arms. And I like living. So I don't mix the two former passions so as to enjoy the latter for awhile longer.

I had some fun today playing with a couple of different models of bore-sighting tools. I tried out a BSA Optics setup and checked it with a SL 100 laser bore sighting tool. It will be interesting to find out how accurate these tools really are but I'm reluctant to fire this rifle again until my back is better. I really jacked myself up and my upper back has been pretty achy. I'll probably get everything dialed-in as far as the scope and the ammo. Then I'll build several rounds of the best ammo and pray that I never have to go hunting for food.

• Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#124 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,624 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:22 PM

I wasn't trying to call you out, or shame you, Makinbones.  While I try to keep those two passions separate, I personally don't think shooting a snake in camp, or a weazel in the hen house after a beer or two should be considered a crime.  I was just sharing what the local law here says. 

We also have a lot of dry towns, and villages in the state as well.  Some its illegal to even bring booze into from the outside for personal use, others just don't allow the sale or consumption in public

• Myc and makinbones69 like this

#125 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:43 PM

I appreciate that. I guess what I said did give an image of a drunk walking through lands or shooting at a range where there are people. But I was being lighthearted. I dont behave in such unsafe manners. Trust me with what life has been for me so far if I did so I would have been dead long ago.

Edited by makinbones69, 12 August 2020 - 08:44 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#126 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

I fell into a rabbit hole of weird and hilarious links yesterday and somehow ended up finding a link to this twitter post by someone who I probably wouldn't get along with in real life all that well (to put it mildly), but... well, just check the video he posted of his adorable daughter who looks to be pushing 10 but obviously already has had plenty of practice at the range, lol:

https://twitter.com/...441677916348417

That smile at the end...

I wish there was a way to just embed the clip, but I don't know how to do that with TikTok videos, which I'm guessing it is.

• makinbones69 likes this

#127 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 546 posts

Posted Today, 03:05 PM

Who knows yall might be buds irl if you actually met the guy. I was looking back correcting myself. His kids would definitely be protective of your kids if they were friends.

Stereotypes are a mf I agree. Small world.

Edited by makinbones69, Today, 07:04 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!