• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

ok guys so i have some plants flowering and i need to plan harvest! but problems is i dont think i can hang dry them in my room... still live home snd cant have house smell crazy lol. brought some trimmings in and wheeeewwww. man. anyways my garage is maybe tooo hot? its gets hot in their rn and cool maybe at night damn:/ any tips for this??? im going to check the temps in the garage and get average temp night and day... sucks. my other idea was to just freeze everytbing i harvest and make bubble hash.... or just freeze dry and make rosin. i have acess to press. damn i really wanna smoke some! i have 3 big 20 gallon plants and couple 3 gallon autos smelling crazy. lol. fuck any tips to get me the cure to smoke em! alllll i need is for them to get 7-14 dry from harvest and hang dry so i can putthem in thejars and burp and longcure... damn sucks living with people who hate the smell lol

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,023 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:45 PM

I hang mine in the shower - I have a spare bathroom that doesn't get used.

Let them dry until the branches snap when bent. If they fold like a soda straw you'll let them dry a bit longer.

Once the branches are dry you can break off the shade leaves and trim to suit.

Unless your garage gets over 140*F I imagine that you'll be fine using the garage.

Next thing I do is put the buds in gallon jars with a Boveda Humidity control system package dialed in at 62% for two weeks.

After two weeks (or so) I'll replace the 62% package with a 58% package for long-term storage. I've smoked weed that was stored with this system for two full years. It was still first-day good.

Patience is a virtue.

• PJammer24, Skywatcher, Microbe and 1 other like this

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

Find a discrete, cool, shadey spot in the backyard if possible? The freezing idea works great too if you are just going to process it.

Good luck!

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:39 PM

Find a discrete, cool, shadey spot in the backyard if possible? The freezing idea works great too if you are just going to process it.

Good luck!

hmm.... so maybe i kinda make a black box your saying kinda outside in a shady spot and dry them???? like a shed or whatever??? i like this idea for some reason lol. and yes the bubble hash i planned on doing! i have 3 plants big 20 gallon vanilla frosting and i thought might as well just run a whole plant and get a good yeild!!! Ill still have 2 whole plnats. but i love the jar the homie posted above! i was hoping to find a machine or whatever that could help me control temps. mane they smell so sweeeeeet and good. my cookies auto one smells like smarties and another like cookies regualr i pick up and another like mix. lol crazy

#5 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

I hang mine in the shower - I have a spare bathroom that doesn't get used.
Let them dry until the branches snap when bent. If they fold like a soda straw you'll let them dry a bit longer.
Once the branches are dry you can break off the shade leaves and trim to suit.
Unless your garage gets over 140*F I imagine that you'll be fine using the garage.

Next thing I do is put the buds in gallon jars with a Boveda Humidity control system package dialed in at 62% for two weeks.
After two weeks (or so) I'll replace the 62% package with a 58% package for long-term storage. I've smoked weed that was stored with this system for two full years. It was still first-day good.

Patience is a virtue.

lol ok cool yeah my garage will get like 95F during day maybe but if i keep it closed and stuff maybe 90F only! Should be good then! 140 and up lololol! i just wanna make sure im getting good smoke too. im a dabbbb head ;D so i dont mind freeze dry and making some rosin or hash and then edibles or whatever. lol doesnt sound to bad. lol

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,023 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:20 PM

I do dabs too. With friends in the extraction industry it's easy to come by.

The herb - properly cured - will stone you to the bone. But dabs are a good substitute for when I need to stay active.

I save the top buds for curing and smoking.

The bottom buds are frozen - fresh (as in green, freshly harvested bud placed in the freezer). From there bubble hash or extraction into cooking oil is a cinch.

• Juthro and stonnerkidd like this

#7 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:56 PM

Good luck!

hmm.... so maybe i kinda make a black box your saying kinda outside in a shady spot and dry them???? like a shed or whatever??? i like this idea for some reason lol. and yes the bubble hash i planned on doing! i have 3 plants big 20 gallon vanilla frosting and i thought might as well just run a whole plant and get a good yeild!!! Ill still have 2 whole plnats. but i love the jar the homie posted above! i was hoping to find a machine or whatever that could help me control temps. mane they smell so sweeeeeet and good. my cookies auto one smells like smarties and another like cookies regualr i pick up and another like mix. lol crazy

Not a shed necessarily, more like trees and bushes if you have them. More airflow and less heat. If your garage only gets to 95F though, you should be ok.

#8 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:43 AM

Good luck!

Not a shed necessarily, more like trees and bushes if you have them. More airflow and less heat. If your garage only gets to 95F though, you should be ok.
ok so maybe let them hang for 5-14 days off branch until snap??? Just wanna get a plan kinda. i know ima cut the whole plants. Im gunna let it dry and dry trim later. But like what the homie said! i think ima save the top buds or the best ones and cure them and smoke them. Question! ok so they say i cut the plant. and harvest. and i want some top buds to smoke and cure. and the rest frozen fresh. so do i cut the bottom buds and freezer and i let the top buds i want to cure on the plant stem? and i hang????? im guessing so i want the long cure and best possible. i can wait however. the fresh frozen run shuld hold me off playing wirh it.

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:35 AM

I would just talk to your friends and see if one of them will help you out for a couple buds... A lot of friends, especially friends who do not grow, are often excited to help with a project like this. Hanging outdoors is risky if you ask me... There is always the risk of rain setting you back or if you are in a humid area, it simply will not work well.

#10 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

Certainly drying outdoors is a last option, a 95F garage should be fine. For the lower buds, I think it depends on extraction method? I think for BHO you let the flowers dry for a day or two before freezing or else it turns into an ice cube during extraction. Please double check me on this, I don't really mess w/BHO. For other methods, CO2, ice water, butter, etc I've hade good luck w/going straight into the freezer with very fragrant results! For pressing, I'd ask the press owners what they recommend. I'd guess fresh frozen plants might produce steam during pressing?

Good luck!

#11 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

I forgot, the flowers you keep, hang upside down for a few days (5?) depending how big the garage, how dry the environment is, how many/big the plants are, air flow, etc. I live in a hot and dry environment and if I wait for the flower stems to snap, it'll be too dry for curing. I wait for the leaf petiole on the sugar leaves to get almost "snap" dry. Btw, I trim the sun leaves and allow the sugar leaves to fold around flower while drying. IMHO, this helps protect the trichomes during curing and storage. Plus I save the nicely cured sugar leaves as I burn through the flower for butter.

For curing, put in Mason jars, only about 2/3 full at first, as it cures you can combine jars. At this point, a lot of it is feel. I'll have my jars on their sides with paper towel under the band instead of the lid, or lid flipped backwards or just loose, depending on moisture levels. Twice a day, I sniff and then gently turn your jars over. During curing, your "almost dry" flower can get pretty moist again. If you smell amonia or other off flavors, dump out the jars and dry more. Once you can burn a nice bowl, you're ready. I tend to store my jars, lid side down. I noticed, the bottom of my jars would be the last to dry and the first to mold. Having the lid be your "bottom" is very handy. I check my extra jars every few months, especially if i've made seeds.

Don't forget to use clean scissors and wash your hands before trimming....so you can collect and enjoy the fresh resin! :)

Edited by YoshiTrainer, 13 July 2020 - 05:32 PM.

#12 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:40 AM

sounds good! so i think what my plan is to cut them down cut off any lower buds that didnt maybe sugar up as much. This is just a rough idea. and the good buds and colas and ima let hang dry and my garage gets like 85/95 F and 40/55 humity. so maybe cool down in some weeks. Hopedully! And so ima cut off the lower buds amd freeze for bubble hash. and the good ones ima cure and let hang for 1-5 days? like you said maybe jusy let them get a little fry not branch snap dry. and then like u said put them in jars put with lid open and paper towel with rubber band or whatever close it. let good air flow and flip and check twice. good idea! so cool. cut.. cut off buds lower for hash bubble or butter. and then rest let hang and then 1-5 day like day 5 i can dry trim yes??? so when its last day drying and before i place in jars i do a fine trim job??? i was told the water leafs or whatever give it that hay smell. Im trynna not get that home grown bunk smell... i have some cookies that look so crazy and smell like smarties i cant fuck this up. ahahahahah. omg ill be so mad. im so tempted to just cut the plants amd freeze then and make hash or then wax. so i just dont fuck it up i ordered a trim tray wirh 150 micro screen! also ordered the bubble hash bags! gunna do it by hand! lol good work out. im looking so forward to this!!!!!!!

Edited by stonnerkidd, 15 July 2020 - 01:41 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!