Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried this? New way to eat freshies without body load (my experience)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ArcaneFungus

ArcaneFungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

So I just found out that if one takes fresh mushrooms (chop them up/dice em) and eats them with a mouthful of green mountain dark roast Dark Magic coffee that the taste of the mushroom is completely overpowered, which is the main reason for my body load... dont know why I know I'm a pussy but when I cant taste the mushie it dont bother me.

Sorry if my grammar is a bit off most of the letters are floating off my phone screen right now XD

#2 ArcaneFungus

ArcaneFungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:12 PM

Of course other people may have discovered this and I may just be late to the party but to the others who have not this is great :D

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:38 PM

How does the taste of the mushrooms result in greater body load?

• onediadem likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,531 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:02 PM

Nausea from the taste of eating something you don’t like is quite different than the experience of body load. But hey if you believe to be helpful then continue on with what works for you. Perhaps you were gagging on the taste and never really had body load?

Edited by coorsmikey, 13 July 2020 - 09:28 PM.

• onediadem, PJammer24 and Uncle G like this

#5 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:26 PM

Body load is where you feel super heavy, right? This is what I find to be especially high with LSA containing seeds and the extracts from them. I find that body load on cubensis mushrooms is much less but definitely noticeable. For me the body load was something that I had to breakthrough through conscious breathing. I understand that the experience of body and the pain associated with it is quite a burden and very noticeable from the experience from Cubensis. I found that stretching on the comedown helps, on the come up I practice breathing and eventually at the peak the body load dissolves with my self.

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:50 AM

Body load is where you feel super heavy, right? This is what I find to be especially high with LSA containing seeds and the extracts from them. I find that body load on cubensis mushrooms is much less but definitely noticeable. For me the body load was something that I had to breakthrough through conscious breathing. I understand that the experience of body and the pain associated with it is quite a burden and very noticeable from the experience from Cubensis. I found that stretching on the comedown helps, on the come up I practice breathing and eventually at the peak the body load dissolves with my self.

yes, heavy is one way to describe it... Different types of active compounds, including different types of cubensis, have varying degrees of body load... You can eat one type of cubensis and experience very little while others, significantly more...

#7 ArcaneFungus

ArcaneFungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

Okay so I'm misinterpreted the definition of body loadx thought it was symptoms of brought on from the mushies themselves.
  • PJammer24 likes this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

Okay so I'm misinterpreted the definition of body loadx thought it was symptoms of brought on from the mushies themselves.

No sweat... What you are experiencing is more akin to bubble guts... or Barfy McBarf Barf...

• Oneyedraven likes this

#9 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:10 PM

Its weird, sometimes i yawn with my eyes uncontrollably watering. Other times not really so much. But just about everytime i feel so tired i cant stand on my feet. Just want to crawl in bed. Hopefully i can master the ethanol extraction. This is the plan for my next trip.
  • coorsmikey and Moonless like this

#10 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

So I just found out that if one takes fresh mushrooms (chop them up/dice em) and eats them with a mouthful of green mountain dark roast Dark Magic coffee that the taste of the mushroom is completely overpowered, which is the main reason for my body load... dont know why I know I'm a pussy but when I cant taste the mushie it dont bother me.

Sorry if my grammar is a bit off most of the letters are floating off my phone screen right now XD

same, IMO its because subconsciously you are thinking of the material as bad to eat, because your basic human instincts tell you not to eat things that taste disgusting. so hen you swallow it anyway, your subconscious exacerbates the negatives

my theory anyway

• Uncle G likes this

#11 10PinHead10

10PinHead10

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:13 PM

Me and my girl found that grinding them up with a food processor, mixing in a tablespoon or more of lime juice (or lemon juice, but we prefer lime) a teaspoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water, let sit for 10-15mins and then drinking it like a shit TOTALLY eliminates all bodyload and nausea. Plus it makes the taste a lot lot better. Not sure if it has something to do with the citric acid binding to the active compounds or what, because in reality ur still ingesting the same amount of everything, but I don't think it's just placebo effect. The people we told to do this have all reported the same positive results also.

#12 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

The psyche also seems to play a part. I also interpreted body load wrong. I thought it is body load when the trip sets in very late - up to 2.5 hours for the peak.
But it does not have to do with body load - it's something in my mind.
In my case I'm sure the psyche is fighting the trip onsetting until the ego gives up. Then it comes in - whumm.
The only good thing I see I'm free from the tyranny of the ego - for 4 hours - till it takes over again.

#13 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:33 PM

Ya I would agree my better experiences have been ground up. I think the tissue is hard to digest in the stomach IMO
  • Paradoc likes this

#14 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 07:13 AM

RE freshies... I know how to dose dried mushrooms, but how do you measure dose of fresh mushrooms?

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,531 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:49 AM

Consume approx 10X the weight you would consume of dried.

• jrh likes this

#16 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:51 AM

Is the experience different?

#17 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,679 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:02 AM

I would do anything rather than eat them fresh.  That is like drinking 10 glasses of water just to take a pill.  Pans or stones have been the only magic mushrooms that I would eat fresh.  By far the best way I have found to get people to eat cubes and for myself.  Is to grind to flour and put them in capsules.  You get the capsules and loader cheap enough.  Then youll have people who refuse eat them because of the taste trip with you.   I have made honey, chocolates, and all kinds of crazy nasty stuff to overcome the taste for people and still capsules was beat them out.   

But if you really want to appreciate the taste of mushrooms you need to consume a cactus. Take the worse thing you ever tasted and times it by 1000.  You may come close to how bad drinking a cactus is.  

• jrh likes this

#18 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

LOL, ok, I'm good with drying them out. I've done capsules and lemon tek. I'm good with the capsules, although I'd like to try the honey method sometime.

#19 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,448 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

I always just take a handful of freshies - drop them in the blender - add your favorite fruit juice - and make a smoothie.

My personal opinion is that fresh mushrooms contain some sparkle that adds to the magic of the experience. I find the trip to be cleaner and brighter than with dried specimens - which seem to have lost something in the drying process.

As for body load - I found cubensis to have the heaviest negative side effects. They always make me feel cold - as if I need to be wearing a jacket or covered-up with a blanket. I'll only consume them during the warmest months of summer so as to (mostly) avoid this sensation.

• Uncle G and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#20 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,679 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:04 AM

Yeah blue honey.  I don't know.  It wasn't worth the time and effort ime.  I like to eat Pans fresh.  Cubes are good for lack of better words "mass production".  With the right technique pans are just as easy as cubes to grow. 

"Is the experience different?" 

I think eating them fresh starts the trip out on negative its a lot to consume.  There is a lot of factors to how a trip is.  I once came in the house and I had a small maybe 1 to 2 gram cube dried out on a lamp.  It was by far one of the most intense trips I have had.  25 years and I am still talking about it.  I had series of negative not fun at all trips for a spell.  I don't think mushroom's played a part in them being negative.  Tripping is kind of like being on the ocean. Environment, how deep you go, what you see or don't see, purpose, security, all depends on where you are at on the ocean.   

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!