Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried this? New way to eat freshies without body load (my experience)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:43 PM

I always just take a handful of freshies - drop them in the blender - add your favorite fruit juice - and make a smoothie.

My personal opinion is that fresh mushrooms contain some sparkle that adds to the magic of the experience. I find the trip to be cleaner and brighter than with dried specimens - which seem to have lost something in the drying process.

As for body load - I found cubensis to have the heaviest negative side effects. They always make me feel cold - as if I need to be wearing a jacket or covered-up with a blanket. I'll only consume them during the warmest months of summer so as to (mostly) avoid this sensation.

All the psychedelics seem to mess with my body temperature , or at least my perception of it.

#22 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 11:45 PM

Alot of folks loved it when a tub of transkei were brought to a cookout and paired with ranch. Had some bbq pork and potato salad as well. I don't remember anyone getting sick or having a bad time. Supposedly I turned into an iguana and climbed up a tree.

I have had some unique delayed trips eating dinner like regular and going to sleep. Only to wake up 5 hours mid dream to a full blown intelligent conversation with mycelium. <3

Edited by cujoloki, 16 November 2020 - 11:45 PM.

#23 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,911 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:30 AM

Is the experience different?

Are they ever the same?

• Myc and jrh like this

#24 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:14 PM

The psyche also seems to play a part. I also interpreted body load wrong. I thought it is body load when the trip sets in very late - up to 2.5 hours for the peak.
But it does not have to do with body load - it's something in my mind.
In my case I'm sure the psyche is fighting the trip onsetting until the ego gives up. Then it comes in - whumm.
The only good thing I see I'm free from the tyranny of the ego - for 4 hours - till it takes over again.

gotta disagree here.

this whole focus on the "ego" is kind of silly, and stems from a "telephone game" of repetition of a few things said by terence mckenna

I have to call it in to question because it is a fairly new idea, and the idea that the ego is a negative thing, is a mutation of what terence said, brought on by the inherent self hate in neo-liberalism. I dont want to get too political but the reality is that socio-politics are a reality of everyday life and have as much to do with psychadelics as any other aspect of human life and culture. 

there is a serious self-hate issue among westerners that stems from the insane idea (media pushed) that somehow westerners colonizing other places is the epitome of evil, and that we should be ashamed and hate our ancestors for their conquest, when oddly no other races or groups are shamed in this way for their own conquest. 

there is this idiotic belief that europeans should hate themselves and feel guilty, because theyre just a bunch of ego driven, greedy, self centered "colonizers" and "thieves" 

funny though.. terence never said this and even made the big bad feelings hurting assertion of natural law, that gender roles matter, and are inherently tied to ego. he repeated several times that ego is essential to the human psyche.

yet somehow, his extremist cultural neo-liberal fanboy group, suffering from extreme self hate issues, have bent this totally sideways and constantly imply that the point of psychadelics is to destroy the ego..

ego = self

no one that doesnt suffer from some form of self hate would consciously seek to destroy their own identity and become a selfless bot. 

if you have a "tyranny of the ego" then you have serious issues you need to fix, instead of exacerbating them by further destroying yourself. 

I would love to have somebody find me an actual shaman from a preserved culture, confirm that the point of psychadelics is to destroy the self. the only ones I have known would laugh at the idea and point out that it is an illogical concept taught to white people by their television. 

I would also love to see any mystic from any culture who left behind writings be shown to support self destruction by way of psychadelics or any other thing. 

this idea is mainly what leads to "wooks" that think theyre shamans actually just being self hating drug addicts who also use every other chemical under the sun, besides entheogens. 

self hate is always visible, and it should be the thing we attack with entheogens, not something we promote, terence surely didnt.

beyond that, yes it probably is some kind of internal resistance to the experience, but to say that this resistance in the mind = ego is only founded on the idea that the experience is anti-ego, which it is not intended to be.

the experience can show one the falsehoods about ones self.. and make room for the building of truth. but where does the out of context idea that everything false is "ego"  come from??? in fact many historical mystics who left behind writings would argue that the ego is the core, and that the falsehoods are what block the true ego, so again if anything it is an ego purifying, ego revealing experience, not an anti-ego experience, and honestly I have never found a source that wasnt a terence fanboy that claimed otherwise.

Edited by BrotherDekatessera, 17 November 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#25 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:16 PM

The psyche also seems to play a part. I also interpreted body load wrong. I thought it is body load when the trip sets in very late - up to 2.5 hours for the peak.
But it does not have to do with body load - it's something in my mind.
In my case I'm sure the psyche is fighting the trip onsetting until the ego gives up. Then it comes in - whumm.
The only good thing I see I'm free from the tyranny of the ego - for 4 hours - till it takes over again.

gotta disagree here.

this whole focus on the "ego" is kind of silly, and stems from a "telephone game" of repetition of a few things said by terence mckenna

I have to call it in to question because it is a fairly new idea, and the idea that the ego is a negative thing, is a mutation of what terence said, brought on by the inherent self hate in neo-liberalism. I dont want to get too political but the reality is that socio-politics are a reality of everyday life and have as much to do with psychadelics as any other aspect of human life and culture. 

there is a serious self-hate issue among westerners that stems from the insane idea (media pushed) that somehow westerners colonizing other places is the epitome of evil, and that we should be ashamed and hate our ancestors for their conquest, when oddly no other races or groups are shamed in this way for their own conquest. 

there is this idiotic belief that europeans should hate themselves and feel guilty, because theyre just a bunch of ego driven, greedy, self centered "colonizers" and "thieves" 

funny though.. terence never said this and even made the big bad feelings hurting assertion of natural law, that gender roles matter, and are inherently tied to ego. he repeated several times that ego is essential to the human psyche.

yet somehow, his extremist cultural neo-liberal fanboy group, suffering from extreme self hate issues, have bent this totally sideways and constantly imply that the point of psychadelics is to destroy the ego..

ego = self

no one that doesnt suffer from some form of self hate would consciously seek to destroy their own identity and become a selfless bot. 

if you have a "tyranny of the ego" then you have serious issues you need to fix, instead of exacerbating them by further destroying yourself. 

I would love to have somebody find me an actual shaman from a preserved culture, confirm that the point of psychadelics is to destroy the self. the only ones I have known would laugh at the idea and point out that it is an illogical concept taught to white people by their television. 

I would also love to see any mystic from any culture who left behind writings be shown to support self destruction by way of psychadelics or any other thing. 

this idea is mainly what leads to "wooks" that think theyre shamans actually just being self hating drug addicts who also use every other chemical under the sun, besides entheogens. 

self hate is always visible, and it should be the thing we attack with entheogens, not something we promote, terence surely didnt.

beyond that, yes it probably is some kind of internal resistance to the experience, but to say that this resistance in the mind = ego is only founded on the idea that the experience is anti-ego, which it is not intended to be.

the experience can show one the falsehoods about ones self.. and make room for the building of truth. but where does the out of context idea that everything false is "ego"  ??? in fact many historical mystics who left behind writings would argue that the ego is the core, and that the falsehoods are what block the true ego, so again if anything it is an ego purifying, ego revealing experience, not an anti-ego experience, and honestly I have never found a source that wasnt a terence fanboy that claimed otherwise.

I have never read Terrence personally. I agree with your logic in the fact that self-hate and blockages/stagnation of the spirit body mind connection that contributes to the self-hate needs to be cleared for any of us to grow as a fully contributing human (as far as shamanism may be concerned).

I have always thought that the aforementioned resides inside of the ego realm of consciousness. However identifying them as one maybe an err. How disproved will the current science of psychology be in 20 years? If always been told by my elders that the soul must be involved when addressing any spiritual imbalance that needs healing. Getting past the ego is always the first step in any open meaningful communication. Of course I don't believe this ego dissolves entirely. I think the more a person realizes how useless the antiquated concepts that were manifested by society are the less the ego can stand in the way.

Being in a chief of chiefs sweat (inipi) with 142 red glowing stones and having the will to breath and pray and sing for whatever reason you are there and not scream and not scream and cry out bloody murder is a practice of concentration that can be accomplished by learning how to control the superficial egotistic panic response. Elders always mentioned this was a practice of controlling the ego part of self. Nomenclature in English maybe the actual enemy here. Where the language used is such a mishmash of other languages words seems to be more of a stereotype sometimes than a science. Nice thoughts friend.

-Cujo

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!