• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Hello guys I have anxiety disorder and I did shrooms low doses and it was all good. Now i wanna try 4+g for first time and I wonder if things go south would some benzo like Xanax or Valium help with that kind of dose?

I know it helps in lower doses to calm you down but I would really like to try high dose and wonder if things go bad( I hope they won't  ) would a trip killer help.?

Ty Peace 

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

any benzo is going to help manage your anxiety or help you come down from a trip...

I don't know of any substance that will bring you down very quickly. With Ketamine, sugars and especially products with corn syrup will bring you back to earth pretty rapidly. I am awfully good at doing K and have been able to do it in many different people's company to learn later that they had no clue... Despite this, there have been times where I needed to level off and had candy or some type of fruit snack/gummy handy...

Psych meds are notorious for interrupting people's ability to get off on several different substances

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, flashingrooster and 1 other like this

#3 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:19 PM

How much Xanax for come down? Because I'm prescripted Zoloft 100mg and I was on 3 mg of Xanax for last 6 months... :/
.Now i'm tapering and I use 0.25-0.5mg of Xanax per day, so I have tolerance .

I've heard people who take 4-5 g of shrooms have reset the brain for anxiety and they didn't had it for years so I wanna try to end my anxiety and stop taking prescripted pills :). 

Ty man for advice have a nice day! 

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

How much Xanax for come down? Because I'm prescripted Zoloft 100mg and I was on 3 mg of Xanax for last 6 months... :/
.Now i'm tapering and I use 0.25-0.5mg of Xanax per day, so I have tolerance .

I've heard people who take 4-5 g of shrooms have reset the brain for anxiety and they didn't had it for years so I wanna try to end my anxiety and stop taking prescripted pills :). 

Ty man for advice have a nice day! 

Hard to say... It would vary by tolerance... Only you can answer that question really...

I am not sure how zoloft would interact with mushrooms... I think it would likely cause issues with mda or mdma due to its primary use as an antidepresent but I really couldn't say how much xanax would work for you... I typically would need 1-2mg if I was trying to end my night and go to sleep but it is hard to say how much you would need to just level off.

A change in mindset is what eliminates anxiety... You could accomplish this without the mushrooms over time but the mushrooms help accelerate the process... I used to have TONS of anxiety but these days I have almost none... Psychadelics played a role in this but I was well on my way to ridding myself of anxiety through deep though and reexamining what was important to me, where my priorities lay, and adjusting my approach to life... Living a life filled with love, trying to treat people well, and adjusting your view outward to others rather than inward on yourself is a really good place to start. Psychedelics humble you if you gain significant experience with different active compounds... To be a good psychonaut, you have to work your way through your demons and stop worrying about yourself while being kind to others... When you can achieve this, you will see that anxiety fade into a distant memory.

• Coopdog, ElPirana, Julianie and 4 others like this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,860 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

I think that going into a high dose trip with an abort mindset is probably not such a good idea. A large part of the fun is the thrill of "buy the ticket take the ride".  It's always scary getting ready to launch, but NEVER have I had an experience where I felt like I needed to bail, even if it was a powerful hard on me type experience. Some of those have the very best long term experiences. Many times I probably would have aborted on a rough come up if I had a way, but those trips are the most profound. Ride it out... :)

EDIT: That much prescription drugs in your system will probably make your trip fairly uneventful from my own experience. You will be ok. 

Edited by Coopdog, 15 July 2020 - 03:10 PM.

• coorsmikey, PJammer24, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#6 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:51 PM

I like to describe psychedelic use for treating mental health issues like using a Jet Pack. It can shoot you up above the clouds so you can get a glimpse of where you can be. However the pack is temporary and you have to put real work in to get lasting results you want. Medication often acts like an escape rather than any form of treatment.

I know this video is about addiction but I think it makes a very important point. You need consider what sort of environment you are in, it might be that rather than what's in your head

[Direct Link]

• Coopdog, ElPirana and Cheebaman like this

#7 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:57 AM

Well I had really bad anxiety and panic attacks I had car crash where my frend died and went to surgery and after I woke up I got my anxiety every day but now It's a lot better! :) 

I ate about 2.8 grams and had really nice trip so is 4 -5 grams a lot stronger than that? 

Yes I know i must clear my head for anxiety and that pills won't help in long term but I'm really really a lot better than 6 months ago, coulnd't wake up without anxiety od panic attack.

The problem is I can't find any good tripsitter cuz all my friends are idiots but in good way but I usually always eat them alone in my room at night and when peak finish I watch some movie or listen to music. 

So if I'm gonna try 5 grams i'll start first with 3 g then 3.5 , and I will up it per 0.5 every time but I will take them alone because when we tripped last time 8 of us 3 of us wanted to one thing others wanted some other thing and others wanted to do some third thing and they litterally made me and few friend a bad trip haha so I've decidec to eat them alone unless I'm on a fishing trip then I go with 1 friedn and we eat about 1-2 g and it's always so beautifull in nature and the fish look amazing :D

Ty all for your advices, I'll make a post when my monotub of b+ is done, I made it from brf cakes and coco coir -verm it's been 10 days and i hope in a week I'll get first flush :)

Peace to you all!

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,372 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:47 AM

IMO you actually have a pretty good grip on your issues, and what is working for you at this time Cheebaman.

I will say less company is probably more beneficial to you when you are dosing. One trusted friend rather than a group with varied mindset. If you are comfortable going alone, that was always my personal preference, and insures a deeper more self learning experience.

You are actually the most qualified to make the call of how much and when and where. I do prefer being with nature over the confines of a room.....

Anxiety and panic attacks are serious, I know. I first hand understand the need for a helper medication, until you can overcome the deeper causes. I hope the mushroom teachers help you with that.....

Positive vibes to you.

• Coopdog, PJammer24, RainbowCatepillar and 1 other like this

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:05 AM

From my personal experience, I don't see much of a need to eat super high doses... I think people often eat too many. They are active at just over a gram to 1.5 grams and I personally think that for most people 2 grams is more than enough... There are a lot of people on here who will probably disagree with me and suggest that hero doses will take you places that the smaller doses will not but the typical consumer isn't trying to go to those types of places... In your case, I think the hero dose could be more problematic than helpful... Often, first time users think they should eat the whole bag... at least 3.5 for a dose... I actually think that most people would have a better time and in cases like yours where anxiety relief is the goal, I think that dosing moderately would be more beneficial...   2-3 gram is what I would suggest if you are trying to have an eventful but level experience.

I rarely eat them any more, I prefer the level effects of LSD and have been going pretty deep with Ketamine more recently but from past experience, I'm pretty old, I would suggest that less is more in most situations.

I prefer to do them outdoors and I prefer not to do them in crowds... Indoor concerts, as an example, are not typically a very good place for mushrooms though some tolerate it well...

• Coopdog, flashingrooster and Cheebaman like this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

As far as anxiety goes, it might help to remember that fungi won't kill ya or result in addiction, but Xanax/benzos might.

Here are a few things to consider as far as increasing the dose (and how to take it) is concerned: https://mycotopia.ne...k/#entry1251692

And being a "just rip the band-aid off all at once" kind of person I advocate taking full-spectrum doses (≥5 grams) to bust out of mental ruts ASAP. I'm an advocate of having an Intent of total commitment, which the fungi seem to appreciate and reward since all my spectacular/profound/sublime trips were either 5 grams or higher or around 2.5-3 grams or lower (I explain the rationale for this in the link above). But some do better with (or prefer) pulling off the proverbial band-aid slowly so as to minimize the intensity, so your mileage may vary.

I'll keep some valium handy when introducing someone to tripping for their first time just in case something like undiagnosed mental illness (schizophrenia in particular) manifests, but that is very rare. It's never happened to anyone I know, and the one person I know of who had a truly bad trip had it happen to them in the form of a seizure while on a high dose of LSD at a carnival at night that was filled with blinking lights. It only lasted a few minutes, and he didn't have any more seizures after that night as far as I was aware (he didn't trip again after that).

Valium probably wouldn't have helped in that case since the bad part was over before the calming effects would have been felt. As far as I'm aware the only way to truly stop a trip in its tracks immediately is an injection of something strong, like Haldol (an anti-psychotic). I'd rather ride it out, frankly.

But if it's just me, or myself and other experienced trippers then I don't bother to bring any valium along since fear and anxiety can be essential aspects of a mind-expanding experience (growth tends to hurt a bit) and those emotions will preclude the insights they can bring in such a context while also preventing you from reaching the "other side" of the fear or anxiety. In my experience, when fear or anxiety dominates a trip (and doesn't stem from a bad setting or other external things going on) it's usually restricted to the first half of it; coming up and peaking can be a bit intense and a white-knuckle ride, but that's the price of admission for the sublime clarity and peace that often follows. This can get especially harrowing and intense with DMT.

You gotta pay to play, just like with everything else.

And this is true for all mind-altering substances, which I divide into two general and sometimes-overlapping categories: "spiritual" and "recreational." The difference is that with spiritual/entheogenic drugs the "hangover" comes first, then you get the pleasure/insights/etc.. With recreational drugs we get all the pleasure up-front and pay for it later (and as anyone who has financed anything in a buy-now, pay-later deal knows, the "interest" can be brutal).

I imagine that alcohol would be FAR less popular (if consumed at all) if drinking gave us an immediate hangover followed hours later by pleasant inebriation. In that respect it's kind of amazing that psychedelics are as popular as they are in our instant-gratification culture, and IMO it's helpful to think of any fear or anxiety as paying cash up-front for something that's actually priceless, which makes it about the best deal we'll ever make in life as far as I'm concerned.

With spiritual drugs, "the greater the need, the greater the result." So the question to answer is "How bad do I want it?" (whatever "it" is that you're tripping to gain/learn). Are you willing to die to get the answer? If you are THAT committed you'll probably get the answer you need (if not the one you were asking for), and one way to help empower your Intent to commit to the experience at that level is to not bring a parachute along when you jump out of that plane.

• Coopdog, PJammer24, Oneyedraven and 4 others like this

#11 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

That would be a painful experience, it's easy to see how you would be anxious after it. Losing a friend and being in a car crash imprints onto your subconscious. Its good to hear you are doing better, no judgement for taking medication that would make me a hypocrite mushroom stoner

• Skywatcher and Cheebaman like this

#12 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:26 PM

Dosage is really subjective... It is difficult if not impossible to know how much one should take to be beneficial and what is too much...

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, flashingrooster and 1 other like this

#13 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:05 AM

Ive always drank milk when i needed to calm down.
It usally helps me. I guess the full stomic and calcium perhaps. Its helped take some friend out of the deep end too
  • Cheebaman likes this

#14 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

As far as anxiety goes, it might help to remember that fungi won't kill ya or result in addiction, but Xanax/benzos might.

Here are a few things to consider as far as increasing the dose (and how to take it) is concerned: https://mycotopia.ne...k/#entry1251692

And being a "just rip the band-aid off all at once" kind of person I advocate taking full-spectrum doses (≥5 grams) to bust out of mental ruts ASAP. I'm an advocate of having an Intent of total commitment, which the fungi seem to appreciate and reward since all my spectacular/profound/sublime trips were either 5 grams or higher or around 2.5-3 grams or lower (I explain the rationale for this in the link above). But some do better with (or prefer) pulling off the proverbial band-aid slowly so as to minimize the intensity, so your mileage may vary.

I'll keep some valium handy when introducing someone to tripping for their first time just in case something like undiagnosed mental illness (schizophrenia in particular) manifests, but that is very rare. It's never happened to anyone I know, and the one person I know of who had a truly bad trip had it happen to them in the form of a seizure while on a high dose of LSD at a carnival at night that was filled with blinking lights. It only lasted a few minutes, and he didn't have any more seizures after that night as far as I was aware (he didn't trip again after that).

Valium probably wouldn't have helped in that case since the bad part was over before the calming effects would have been felt. As far as I'm aware the only way to truly stop a trip in its tracks immediately is an injection of something strong, like Haldol (an anti-psychotic). I'd rather ride it out, frankly.

But if it's just me, or myself and other experienced trippers then I don't bother to bring any valium along since fear and anxiety can be essential aspects of a mind-expanding experience (growth tends to hurt a bit) and those emotions will preclude the insights they can bring in such a context while also preventing you from reaching the "other side" of the fear or anxiety. In my experience, when fear or anxiety dominates a trip (and doesn't stem from a bad setting or other external things going on) it's usually restricted to the first half of it; coming up and peaking can be a bit intense and a white-knuckle ride, but that's the price of admission for the sublime clarity and peace that often follows. This can get especially harrowing and intense with DMT.

You gotta pay to play, just like with everything else.

And this is true for all mind-altering substances, which I divide into two general and sometimes-overlapping categories: "spiritual" and "recreational." The difference is that with spiritual/entheogenic drugs the "hangover" comes first, then you get the pleasure/insights/etc.. With recreational drugs we get all the pleasure up-front and pay for it later (and as anyone who has financed anything in a buy-now, pay-later deal knows, the "interest" can be brutal).

I imagine that alcohol would be FAR less popular (if consumed at all) if drinking gave us an immediate hangover followed hours later by pleasant inebriation. In that respect it's kind of amazing that psychedelics are as popular as they are in our instant-gratification culture, and IMO it's helpful to think of any fear or anxiety as paying cash up-front for something that's actually priceless, which makes it about the best deal we'll ever make in life as far as I'm concerned.

With spiritual drugs, "the greater the need, the greater the result." So the question to answer is "How bad do I want it?" (whatever "it" is that you're tripping to gain/learn). Are you willing to die to get the answer? If you are THAT committed you'll probably get the answer you need (if not the one you were asking for), and one way to help empower your Intent to commit to the experience at that level is to not bring a parachute along when you jump out of that plane.

Hey Ms/Mr. Casualty!!

I just read your rationale for eating small or large doses and avoiding moderate doses... Maybe the point wasn't to avoid them but you know what I mean... Your posts in the thread you linked got me thinking a little differently than I had been! I appreciate your take! 

I frequently find your posts to be adequately profound, well construed, and considerate! I often stop to read when Casualties are being posted!

If we aren't friends, we probably should be!  :hug:  :cool:

• TVCasualty, Coopdog and Cheebaman like this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the compliments. It's nice to read/hear, especially these days when positivity is in such short supply.

• PJammer24 and Cheebaman like this

#16 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for advices guy but I have bad news I think trinch mold got in my first monotub -.- after 11 days it was all fine until today hope the other one don't get it....Is there anyway to save it to get at least one flush?

I've read that people burry it in garden and the sun kill mold and produce some shroom? ..

Why did it get mold when my brf cakes were all fine with 0 contamination and I used five 1 pint jars in that monotub it's 45 liter.

Peace

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

Pictures help a lot in these sorts of situations.

I've harvested a fair quantity of mushrooms off substrates that had some trich, though as soon as I notice it (ideally before it turns green) I take it outside. I don't bury my spent or contaminated subs, I just put them in a shady spot (very shady, no direct sun). If it's hot and dry I cover them loosely with leaves or straw as mulch and if there's not much rain I give them a good drenching. From what I can tell it's the constant supply of fresh air outdoors and rain (or heavy watering with a garden hose if necessary) that knocks back contamination enough to recover a flush or two.

It's hard to say how the mold got to it without knowing more details or observing your technique. The spores are everywhere.

• PJammer24 and Cheebaman like this

#18 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

I will post picture in half an hour -hour when my frend come with nice camera my sucks :P

Is it maybe because i opened it to smell it? I hope my other tub doesn't contam also

#19 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:00 PM

Here are pictures I really don't know what happend it's been about 11 days and it was all fine 2 days ago...

Any chance to save anything to get at least 5grams or Oz at least :( ?

Peca

Attached Thumbnails

• 109474232_1206606193022950_8391940231484225208_n.jpg
  • 109929346_287848555658947_7643112501136532869_n.jpg
  • 109802381_1467453160107138_3630808641488845308_n.jpg
  • 110771558_2712412129084291_5273923905143204885_n.jpg
  • 111009805_281629666423870_5119355656181191191_n.jpg

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Get that out of your house (without opening it) ASAP. Don't smell it again, and try not to breathe around it at all. Wearing a HEPA-filtered respirator mask is a good idea when you clean it out.

It looks way too far gone to expect anything from it.

After you very gently dump it out (disturb it as little as possible to minimize spores getting kicked up into the air) make sure you take off whatever you were wearing when you dumped it (preferably before going back in the house) and them immediately take a shower otherwise you'll be bringing tons of spores in and jeopardizing future grows.

Contamination should never be allowed to get that bad before dumping a bin, bag, or jar, but I'm assuming it's because you're not able to tell the difference between trich mycelium (before it drops spores, when it's still white) and mushroom mycelium yet, but that will come with more experience.

Don't let it discourage you; all grows contaminate eventually (ideally we get 4-5 flushes first) and it's always going to be something to deal with when growing fungi.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!