• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

:( I hope the other one wont get mold I didn't open it and it's coverd with clean sheet if this goes bad i'll kill myself ... xD 2 months wasted >.<

#22 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:48 PM

I will burry it underground somewhere and maybe something happen :D

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:46 PM

I failed at every attempt to grow for over a year before I found any success (meaning a few mushrooms). I made a lot of attempts.

Knowing a lot about how grows can go wrong (from hand's-on experience) turned out to be very helpful in learning how to prevent things from going wrong in the first place.

It's ALL part of the fun, even the parts that suck.

• Cheebaman likes this

#24 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:21 PM

I haven't read all the posts, so I am sure this has been said, but I would just move it outdoors if I were you and if it produces, it produces!!  I try to get contaminated projects out of the house ASAP... I have been in a postition where the spore count in the house was SSOO high that contamination increased to the point that it was not worth my time... The house needed a complete reboot. If you throw it outside, the fresh air will help in keeping your trich (if its blue green rather than green green, its likely penicillin or something similar) at bay.... I usually try to keep enough spawn on hand that if something goes wrong, I can immediately start a new one... Having the only project you are working on go bad is a shitty feeling...

• Cheebaman likes this

#25 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:17 AM

I will throw it out in the garden temperatures are between 20 and 30 degree celsius.

Can I clean the tub with 95% alcohocol and use it again? I don't want to throw the tub out.

Peace

#26 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

I will throw it out in the garden temperatures are between 20 and 30 degree celsius.

Can I clean the tub with 95% alcohocol and use it again? I don't want to throw the tub out.

Peace

Use bleach to kill the tub... ISO alcohol does not kill spores. It is great for treating bacterial issues but is not as useful as dealing with molds... Bleach is good for using on plastic or none porous surfaces. If you are attempting to clean a porous surface, bleach can sometimes exacerbate the problem because of its high water content. The water can seep into porous materials (like wood) and make the mold issue worse. It will clean the surface while making the interior mold issues worse. I have not used it much or at all really but peroxide might be a better choice for porous materials... There are also some mold remedial products that you could buy for better results. I have been using a product from Biocide Labs... I used their mold concentrate and mix it in spray bottles or in a bucket to do the floors. I also use their mold foggers/bombs... The bombs are not cheap but they really do an excellent job... You need to get a lot of the bombs however since each bomb doesn't treat all that many cubic feet...

You should try to use 70% ISO alcohol when possible. It is counter intuitive, however, 70% ISO disinfects more efficiently. Due to the increased water content, it does not evaporate as quickly. The longer it stays in contact with the surface you are trying to clean, the more time it has to disinfect... Also, unless I am mistaken, for reasons I can't fully explain, 70% ISO more readily pierces the cell wall and for this reason is more effective.

91%+ ISO is better suited to stripping sticky or gooey residue off of surfaces. Ie. You remove a sticker or piece of tape from a surface leaving gunk behind from the adhesive... The higher percentage ISO is better at stripping away that residue...50% ISO is also better than 91%+ ISO as a disinfectant... I don't know off hand if 50% or 70% is more effective, only that they are both more effective than 91%+... The higher percentage stuff will work, just not as efficiently as the lower percentage stuff.

• Cheebaman likes this

#27 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

This is my 2nd Tub after 6 days does it look good?

I didn't want to open the tub to take picture because maybe there's still spores in air from the contaminated tub.

Attached Thumbnails

• ceglji.jpg

#28 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

If that white patch in the middle starts to turn green, get it outside. It's hard to tell for sure but it looks like a patch of trich that hasn't sporulated yet.

• PJammer24 likes this

#29 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:28 PM

Last time when trich showed It literally turend whole tub white in 1-2 days so i think this is mycelium i was using five 1pint jar BRF cakes and  I used ratio 1:1 spawn -bulk

#30 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:35 PM

If you are pasteurizing properly and using an adequate spawn ratio, your chance of contamination at this stage is relatively low. If your grow space is completeley filled with spores, it can still contaminate but if you have clean spawn and good pasteurization technique, it should be pretty resistant to contamination.

• Cheebaman likes this

#31 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:38 PM

I used 2.5 quarts of spawn and i used coco coir-verm substrate

i pasturized it with boiling water for 6-7 hours in plastic bucket. 

First one got contaminated because i was opening it everyday to show friends how it looks.

This one i won't open until i see pin hopefully it's my last tub I have 20 more jars but I inoculated them yesterday. 

Edited by Cheebaman, 22 July 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#32 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:49 PM

If your spawn was clean, you have virtually no risk of contamination. There is little to provide additional nutrition in either the coir or the verm which is why the bucket tek works well for this substrate type... As long as you had clean spawn, you should be good to go!

If there is no material that is nutritious and has not been colonized, there is little contamination risk... It is colonized, nutritious materials that will contaminate...

Edited by PJammer24, 22 July 2020 - 02:14 PM.

• Cheebaman likes this

#33 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

All BRF cakes where 100% fine 

• PJammer24 likes this

#34 p2p

p2p

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:37 PM

If you are pasteurizing properly and using an adequate spawn ratio, your chance of contamination at this stage is relatively low. If your grow space is completeley filled with spores, it can still contaminate but if you have clean spawn and good pasteurization technique, it should be pretty resistant to contamination.

PJammer24

Would you use a high spawn ratio, like 1:3 for large tubs or trays?

Or would you go down to 1:5 for large tubs?

#35 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:35 AM

I think it should be noted that all but one of the times I have found myself in a whole heap of trouble, xanax had played a role... just sayin....

Xanax cancels out scruples and scruples keep you out of trouble!!

Edited by PJammer24, 23 July 2020 - 08:36 AM.

• Cheebaman likes this

#36 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:26 PM

First one got contaminated because i was opening it everyday to show friends how it looks.

I'm assuming that they are really, really good friends.

As in the best friends someone can have, which are friends who won't get pissed off some day and fuck your life up out of spite or some weird love triangle drama or anything else that's fucked up the lives of growers of illicit things.

So how's that patch I commented on yesterday looking?

• coorsmikey, PJammer24, FunG and 1 other like this

#37 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:06 PM

Glad your deciding to get off the xans. I know what its like to feel the sweet relief that xanax provides. But i also know what its like to withdrawal from them (feels like a cocaine comedown that last looonger).

Nowadays i keep a stash of xans for an "in case of emergency break glass" kind of deal. I haven't had to use them for a bad mushroom trip yet thank god, but ill tell you it will cancel that empty, heart pounding, cocaine comedown i mentioned earlier. (Not encouraging anyone to mix these types of drugs)

Xanax will always have a place in my heart but just like anything in life, moderation is key.
  • Cheebaman likes this

#38 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

Here are pictiures 

I didn't open it to take a picture and my lid is full of water so I tried to take bast pictures I could

Can i wipe the lid of tub? Is it to wet?

Attached Thumbnails

• 116087747_2354070011555902_1849717858087098738_n.jpg
  • 116093815_292753348705459_6572278970379362556_n.jpg
  • 116117902_299599924615317_3354175752663806452_n.jpg
  • 116126317_365932894395088_580251320342739894_n.jpg
  • 116132524_2721647938049854_4567186343861045576_n.jpg
  • 116152594_739353193509402_8474121227476192633_n.jpg

Edited by Cheebaman, 24 July 2020 - 11:30 AM.

#39 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

I'm assuming that they are really, really good friends.

As in the best friends someone can have, which are friends who won't get pissed off some day and fuck your life up out of spite or some weird love triangle drama or anything else that's fucked up the lives of growers of illicit things.

So how's that patch I commented on yesterday looking?

This is good advice... For me, it is people I have been friends with for a decade or more... Now that I think about it, those friends for me are almost entirely 15-20 years and counting...

• flashingrooster likes this

#40 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Having old friends is a seriously underrated thing in life. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have plenty of friends that I miss and never see but that's just part of growing up. People drift apart on the journey of life

This one started in grade three and here we are still kicking, he lives ten houses away. Its like the family you get to choose

• p2p likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!