7 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:52 AM

hey guys!
So im really excited to share my grow with others and parents!
Can i make creams or coconuts oil with Hash food grade? or fresh frozen?
Ok so i don't know if im going to cure alll my flower.
I think i might freeze most and make bubble hash.
But what do i use for making the cream? I need coconut oil but they say to decard the weed and then mix in oil. but if i have fresh frozen material? Or if i have food grade hash??? Or do i use the trim from the fresh flower wet trim??? I know im going to trim a little before i place im freezer. And to dry those leaves just outside a few days???? thanks for the help guys and sticking with me

Edited by stonnerkidd, 19 July 2020 - 12:53 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,293 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:01 AM

Dry your trim, and as much flower as you want to dedicate to oils and/or creams. Don't try to process wet material or you have a nasty taste for edibles and can't process the wet material as easily.

Oil and butter is easy, and I did pretty well making a body cream for pain.

https://mycotopia.ne...n/#entry1423910

Edited by Skywatcher, 20 July 2020 - 12:07 AM.

• mushit, onediadem, Juthro and 2 others like this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:53 AM

How effective is body balms for yall? Does anyone notice a difference between hemp and canabis derived body balms? I like to use the hemp vaporizer at night time or when I am sore from a long day or exercise.

• Skywatcher likes this

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 02:18 AM

is hemp just cbd and others like cbn? and cannabis type is with actually cannabis oils? i plan on adding some full spectrum cbd i got here in cali! and i wanna add some cannabis. some other oils to to help with muscles. andnthank you guys so much!!!
  • Skywatcher likes this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,293 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

How effective is body balms for yall? Does anyone notice a difference between hemp and canabis derived body balms?

I find the body butter I made pretty effective. There is unfortunately a flood of crap CBD products all over the market. Most are of undisclosed cbd content and everyone is jumping on this market. My partner has severe pain in his feet from neuropathy which is progressing. I tried some of the commercially available products and had no result.

I made my own so I could control the content and know it was an effective dose. It is most effective for around 5 hours and has been the only thing to actually reduce the pain for a while. I use the cream myself on my legs for itching from numularus psoriasis and it helps heal the skin as well as relieve the itching.

I personally trust my own knowledge and ability to make a good product much more than I trust a commercial manufacturer these days.............

• mushit, onediadem, Myc and 4 others like this

#6 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

How effective is body balms for yall? Does anyone notice a difference between hemp and canabis derived body balms?

I find the body butter I made pretty effective. There is unfortunately a flood of crap CBD products all over the market. Most are of undisclosed cbd content and everyone is jumping on this market. My partner has severe pain in his feet from neuropathy which is progressing. I tried some of the commercially available products and had no result.

I made my own so I could control the content and know it was an effective dose. It is most effective for around 5 hours and has been the only thing to actually reduce the pain for a while. I use the cream myself on my legs for itching from numularus psoriasis and it helps heal the skin as well as relieve the itching.

I personally trust my own knowledge and ability to make a good product much more than I trust a commercial manufacturer these days.............
i feel that but i only choose the honey oil brand. they actually grow dank dank top grade like jungle boyz and up quailty flower and have live resin carts here. supreme quailty. they have some of the craziest genetics down in live resin. I feel you tho most CBD commerical and brands are not even in touch with cannabis.
Its just CBD and not strong and weak. Thats why i choose to stay away from those too.
Any cbd from walmart or whatever store is bad. lol but this honey oil is the real deal!! i eat em with my edible carmels 75 mg each and like 20 mg of CBD is the Combo i do.
I find most good cbd products are only sold here at the clinics where cannabis is sold as well. but thanks for the tip! Ima try and grow a couple CBD plants next year just for creams!

Edited by stonnerkidd, 20 July 2020 - 02:59 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,293 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:20 PM

I find most good cbd products are only sold here at the clinics where cannabis is sold as well. but thanks for the tip! Ima try and grow a couple CBD plants next year just for creams!

If you can get good CBD , by all means use it. As far as making creams, the THC also has excellent pain relieving ability's.

You just don't get stoned when it is applied dermally. The plants I made the cream from were Cannatonic, and had a THC content around 20% and a CBD content around 10%.

This year I have a plant called Pink Kush growing with a reputed CBD content of 30% and very little THC. So because I am liking the effectiveness of a good THC content included with the CBD, I will be blending some Banana Gorilla into the herb mix I make the base oil out of.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, stonnerkidd and 1 other like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:02 PM

Sky hooked me up with some he made, it was superb!

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!