5 replies to this topic

#1 bwahaha

bwahaha

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Donator

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

i have an old liquid culture from about a year ago not sure the strain but it appears to have grow several tiny mushrooms within the jar under the liquid. also appears to be bacterial growth now as well or possibly rust colored spores released by said mushrooms. unsure what to make of it. anyone here had this happen before i've seen mushrooms grow from agar and lc's but out of the water i believe. any responses are welcome just wanna know what's gone on in this jar. when i get some extra cash i'll get some grain jars and to a test and see what comes of it. 

IMG_20200730_065727_LI.jpg IMG_20200730_065931_LI.jpg

• coorsmikey, HankTheYeti and FunG like this

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:42 AM

I've had it happen in a lc syringe.

It's not that uncommon when lc's are left to sit to long at room temperature. Still pretty neat to see a hydroponic mushroom.
  • bwahaha likes this

#3 bwahaha

bwahaha

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Donator

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Does the orange color probably mean there is a bacterial problem now with it though?

#4 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:38 AM

Does the orange color probably mean there is a bacterial problem now with it though?

Or discoloration from inactive mycelium bits.

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

Weird, Its actually pretty cool to see. I made a cold water extraction about ten years ago. Just citric acid, cranberry juice and mushrooms. The mushrooms were chopped up fresh, soaked and strained basically then the extraction sat in the fridge for a couple of day until we went camping and had a really good time we can say. Three of us chugged on this extract then the leftovers sat in a plastic bottle over night on the picnic table. The next morning when we got up and started cleaning up camp we noticed that there were hundred of these lil micro-mushrooms formed in the liquid. Some were clusters and many single perfectly formed mushrooms except no larger than a half millimeter. There were people there  that morning that didn't drink the extract that witnessed the same or I would have though we were still tripping from the night before. We even noticed the same phenomenon in the bottoms of the red solo cups that the we drank the extract from.

I have always want to try and repeat the same conditions to see if I could get some photos and document it, but just haven't gotten around to it again. Seeing this thread has my curiosity going again. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by coorsmikey, 30 July 2020 - 08:12 PM.

• bwahaha and flashingrooster like this

#6 bwahaha

bwahaha

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Donator

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

thats sounds cool as hell. all i did was let the jar sit for a year in the heat of summer and cold of winter.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!