46 replies to this topic

#1 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:09 AM

just as the title would imply, I got some new strains to play with. PF redspore, Eq's, and PESA's. along with a new I book G4! so i'm breaking the comp in with a new post. :) I plan on doing a bunch of new strains... probably 15 in all when it's all said and done but heres the beginning of them. these were all 'blind' isolates obtained with my ovenbag clone tek. all i did was start a pf cake and when i got a nice lookin colony of myc. going i birthed the cake and snatched a piece to clone. this is a tub of PF redspore and Eq's. a box of 1/2 pints a piece...

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1158821540

here are some more of the same redspore cakes all together, followed by a couple shots of stacked cakes. four cakes in the first shot and two in the other. :)

heres a shot of the EQ's by themselves... this substrain i ended up with was/is mutated pretty bad... the bottom of the stems are SUPER big and dense which actually didn't turn out too bad. they look like they didn't do anywhere close to as good as the pf's but they weren't far behind in weight due to the density of the stems... they were also sporeless. you can see in the pic how big the stem bottoms were. definately ditchin the substrain and getting a new one... probably one from a fruit clone instead of the blind isolate way. :)

this last one is of nine PESA cakes... three cakes under the top stack were burma that didn't do anything... well, nothing worth talking about. (actually posted about the burmas in another thread in fungi)

so far the PF redspore are my fav's... you can plainly see why. lol actually doing a full tub of them this round instead of the half tub... put them in the fruiting chamber this morning along with another tub mix of 1/2 PE's and 1/2 SA's so look for those to be coming soon. probably do more work with the pesa's too... they are dense fruits and look really pretty... but they take long time to start pinning (at least the substrain i obtained) also on the horizon is chitwan's, TC, GT's, Haw, Hautala, and Mazzies

Attached Thumbnails

• justeqs.JPG
  • pesas.JPG
  • redspore2cake.jpg
  • redspore2.JPG
  • redspore4cakes.JPG
  • redspore1.JPG
  • redsprandeq.jpg

#2 SouthPArk

SouthPArk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:14 AM

Those Look Awesome~! :bow:

#3 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:18 AM

nice...:bow:
well done once again buddy..:D

#4 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:08 AM

Glad to see faht's new strains get the same ol' fahts love and care. Those are some pretty bodacious fruits!

#5 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:03 AM

Saweet, buddy! Glad your back to posting that high quality goodness! :heartbeat

#6 safTman

safTman

easily distracted

• Free Member
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Beautiful boomers!! Indeed
Great pic's

:eusa_danc

#7 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Awesome Faht!!! What no Tex?:)

#8 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

damn that is awesome. im gonna give your clone tek a shot i got some that would be perfect for that.

#9 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

Looks like they are all enjoying their new homes, great stuff as usual Faht. Seeing some of your amazing results when I first started is why I almost always have a tub or two of cakes stashed away. :D

#10 troutlips

troutlips

VIP Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

Wow! Faht strikes again! What are you gonna do with all those shrooms??? ;)
Nice work buddy! :D

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:00 PM

you rock
:headbang:
how you like that new G4 ?
sweet eh ?

#12 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

Freakin awesome big guy!!! Those PFR's are very nice! You should be able to hook into a faster pinning substrain. I've had some jars fruiting well within 14 days. 10 days to full colonization. Lately my troubles (if you can call it that) has been slow germination. I still have yet to get a batch of spores that germinate as fast as the original year old + spores that PF gave me.

Hats off to Yachaj for the work he did with those!!! :bow:

#13 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

thanks everyone!! :) I freakin LOve love love my g4. the best part is that i live an apartment complex and the internet is free wireless. the anonyminity is very comforting. :)

TaCO: the pfr that i got actually did very well with the quick pinning... it was the PESA's that were slow... but they were very dense so i guess it works out to a draw. can't ask too much of the myc. ya know ;) but i think i'm for sure going to do a new substrain of the PESA's... actually already obtained the substrain but there just isn't any room in my fruiting chambers. lol so they'll sit for a bit. I'm really excited about how this new PE/SA tub is going to do... hopefully I isolated a sporalating substrain. the faht jar that i used to innoc the 12 jars knotted up nicely before it dried out so i know that i'll get some fruits at least. :) just hopin for the spores now. /me crosses fingers. plus i've been wanting SA's for, well, the entirety of my growing "career" if you want to call it that. since it's hips favorite strain and all. :) so this next 2 weeks are going to be hard to wait thru. hehe. thanks again yall for the kind words. they make me feel great! :)

fahtster

#14 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

Wow Faht, you have amazing cakes! :bow:

Do I understand correctly that those are all the same isolate? Is that the reason why you get such consistent flushes between every cake in the box? When I have one cake (multispore) in a box that looks as well as yours, my other ones look skimpy in comparison.

How large are your fruiting chambers? Do you have any more pictures of those? I see you're using Tyvek on the sides. Is there any rhyme or reason to the size and amount of Tyvek holes you put in the chamber?

#15 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

:amazed: very nice .

#16 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

thanks! Doc- yes. they are all one substrain. they are all prepared the same way and I try to fruit them all the same as well. although, you can get a consistent flush with multispore, but the odds are WAY better with a single substrain. the tote is 54 qt. i believe... either that or 52 qt... can't remember. the tyvek on the sides and lid is more for the summer months when the rh is high and mold spores are rampid. I'm about to start keeping a closer eye on tubs and cake water content now that the rh is starting to drop due to temp. changes in my region. I actually just keep the tyvek and tape on the bins when i wash them.. lol haven't changed them out in probably three 'rounds'... no problems yet. but if i need to reduce the amount of air exchange... i'm just going to tape over the tyvek gradually until the desired rh is obtained... hopefully i just have to not have a fan on them constantly and won't have to tape up the tyvek.... hopefully. ;) the amount of holes is consistent with a mono tub... but instead of using one big hole on each side, i'm using smaller holes throughout the tub... this gives a better 'even' air exchange throughout the bin instead of just around that one big hole on a monotub. :) most will say, "well, you shouldn't have to use holes on your tub cuz you're fruiting cakes and not a casing." I say, my cakes will last MUCH longer if they aren't sitting in a sealed up bin. i may have to water the DEC often but it's worth it. :) I use tyvek instead of polyfil cuz it breathes a lot better that polyfil that is stuffed into a hole. that and the polyfil is messy and gets in the way. ;)

fahtster

#17 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

:bow: :bow: :bow: :heartbeat

#18 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

very nice tub'o' shrooms there Faht!!

#19 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

thanks rocaway. :) here is 2nd flush of eqs comin in. as you can see, they took on a more normal shroom look this flush. :)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1158884806

fahtster

Attached Thumbnails

• 2ndeqs.jpg

#20 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

Very nice again.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!