Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What the hell is going on with my tubs!?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:20 PM

Pjammer, it's my fault for not mentioning it but the myc was discoloring yellow around the edges in the bins I had to pitch. It was overlay man, any bin that sits roasting hot at like 105f will develop it as I found out.

It makes sense that heat will generate from mycelium itself (cant remember how much) but the ambient heat generated by the fungi added into the external temps was just at my best guess enough to cause overlay. So to say it's rare would be correct cause I was having a wicked run at p.cubensis up until the temperature inside became so outrageously intolerable that it felt like a inferno. I really wish I had bought a thermometer to have taken a temp check cause then we could have established at which temp overlay occurs in cubensis.

And thanks alpoehi, I got the holes pretty much exactly aligned with one another without using a tape measure to make Mark's lol

Isnt 85f the max for pan myc before it dies? I thought they fruited between 70f-80f and just a degree below or above would cause them problems? Is this incorrect alpoehi?

#22 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:44 PM

And thanks alpoehi, I got the holes pretty much exactly aligned with one another without using a tape measure to make Mark's lol

Isnt 85f the max for pan myc before it dies? I thought they fruited between 70f-80f and just a degree below or above would cause them problems? Is this incorrect alpoehi?

The pan is doing fine - it's Panaeolus Cyanescens Hawaii. It's also showing vigorous growth, now climbing alongside the plastic of the growbag upwards.

But when I want it to fruit I have to spawn a casing with a substrate that is not made from grain lol never did that before.

Yesterday I read a note from Asura that Pans will not fruit well when kept on grain only.

Actually I only wanted to test the spore syringe, now two months later this ... will post some pictures maybe even here in this thread bec of the heat ... it's hungry and the casing needs to be done soon.

It encourages me to continue with growing some stuff even under those conditions.

• FunG likes this

#23 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:42 PM

Update

Its day 7 and the g.w.m is as colonized as it should get. If I take note of any vert growing I'll be sure to post a picture of it but so far everything looks to be in the clear. The mycelium is no longer in a frenzy trying to climb the walls and what not....

Temps are also way down.

I can safely say we can rule out vert and macgyver lives to see another day lol poor guy took blame for something he didnt even expose me to.

So I still say the growth I had was overlay due to the temperature and no f.a.e

I'll post more pictures as the g.w.m fruit I also have a golden teacher bin that's exhibiting no signs of vert and the growth looks very normal compared to the frenzy myc I was getting before cutting the holes.

Time will tell us if I was incorrect my friends.....the count down is on!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!