• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Akari

Akari

The Priest and Priestess as One

• OG VIP
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:12 PM

Been joining a lot of mushroom sites on Facebook. Not just Psychedelics. I saw one of these mushrooms houses for oysters. And it got me thinking.

What if mushrooms were legal???

I was fantasizing about my future grow room in Amsterdam. The only thing that gets me off anymore. Lol

*Harps playing*

I walk up to my mushroom house.
*Unlocks door*
I check my incubator.

I have 4 cabinets. One with experimental grains cross referenced with strains. I check my tables. Write in some notes for colonization speed. My second cabinet is my LCS. Third for my agar. Fourth my Exotic strains. I've got a big heating silo so pasteurize my poop. I've got a whole farm, just for their poop. 

My fruiting chambers are in separate labs. I've got incubating subs in drawers. Colonized subs are on cascading racks to allow misting and light. I use an overhead ozonized water  sprayer to mist the fully colonized subs.

What are your fantasy grow rooms like? Lol.

• Moonless likes this

#2 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,671 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:51 PM

Yours sounds good to me! Lol only thing I would add are minions to do all the work for me.. lol
  • Akari and PJammer24 like this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 961 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:33 PM

I fantasies about this every time I move into a new place. My ultimate fantasy would be a standard Martha setup, ie, small greenhouse, with humidifier and fans. I would grow pink and yellow oysters, reishi and lions mane from grow bags. The grain spawn would be plain brown rice, and I would mix in bulk pasteurized coir bricks using bucket/cooler tek. Nearby I would have jars or a bag or two of lions mane, reishi and perhaps even cordycept grain spawn to use as special cofee/choclate additives or mixed with multivitamin once the grain spawn is dried and powdered.

I would have ps.cubensis growing in 1 or two small set-ups, like made from recycled food containers. I would have two species going at once but small amounts like 1-2 half pint grain jars for each species small.I would love to experiment with mexicana, caerulesence, semperviva and tampanensis at some point but would probably do one of these special species at each time! I would do one small grow with a grain jar or two but would do the myceliated rice tek to make microdoses and full experiences.

In this setup I would focus on the edibles in the largest volume and do the spiritual medicine ones in small batches. After having grown a few species and getting about a full year of growing experience under my belt I know how a small grow of cubensis is enough, but with my hunger and love for mushrooms, creating edible and medicinals in large amounts to quench my thirst. My dream grow opperation is simple and modest but requires alot of work. Pretty soon I'm moving and going to be growing again. First is oysters and cubes. Just a tub of oysters and a rotesorie tek of cubes is enough to make me happy these days!

• Akari likes this

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 961 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:36 PM

Oh! I forgot to mention that I's have a mini fridge just for myco work and my craft brews!

• Akari likes this

#5 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:02 PM

Mine is this one,  

freshmushrooms.com.nl1.jpg    

and this one also

DSCN3038abcdefg.jpg   

an this close up.  

DSCN3039abcdefg.jpg

#6 Akari

Akari

The Priest and Priestess as One

• OG VIP
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:51 PM

Crikey!!!

Edited by Akari, 17 August 2020 - 04:51 PM.

#7 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:16 PM

And here are Panaeolus subbalteatus on a cell with six tiers  2005, Tiel, Nederlands.

DSCN6747abc.jpg   

DSCN7085abc.jpg   

DSCN6964abc.jpg   

DSCN6966abc.jpg   

DSCN7059abc.jpg   

DSCN7069abc.jpg   

DSCN7075abc.jpg   

DSCN76967abc.jpg   

DSCN76970abc.jpg   

The Yellow SUBmarine

yellow_submarine1abc.jpg

Me and the shroooms

DSCN8553abc.jpg

• Akari and RainbowCatepillar like this

#8 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:25 PM

And here are copelandia cyanescens.  

hansamsterdamfreshmushroomscope1abc.jpg   

Sold in various weights.

tiel2.JPG   

Packaging the shrooms for the public Market.  I think this image is blurred a bit.

pattyattiel1abc.jpg   mjshroomer - man of knowledge.

And have a shroomy day,

Makes me laugh. High Times around the same time as this, published an artcile titles something like the largest underground mushroom farm ((30 Kilos) and the guy who wrote the article was made to wear a hood over his head to go to the warehouse where the crop was growing.It seemed unreal.  A hood? Like a newsman going to interview the terrorist and he is made to wear a hood to and from the interview locations. It seemed abit of  a salaceous article.

Me with some cubes 

DSCN6699abcdef-1.jpg

Something wrong with my photo on the computer. Color seems to have problems.  Maybe one of my cards is out of memory. I am so computer stupid.

• Akari and RainbowCatepillar like this

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:52 PM

Hee hee.  That is going to be hard to top, John.

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

Pretty sure I need a defunct coal mine for my underground fruiting room like the one all the high school kids were working in when I was growing up... No longer a commercial mushroom mine, it has been purchased and is no used solely for genetic isolation

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,049 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:59 PM

I'd be happy with a big empty 1000 sq. ft. room fitted with positive-pressure HEPA filtration and built entirely of materials that can't rot or support mold or high rH (so no damned drywall).

I don't want the biggest grow room, just one that's sized for my needs and built right. My fantasies are relatively modest (but my delusions are epic).

#12 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 05:23 PM

My fantasies are relatively modest (but my delusions are epic).

Hear hear!

My ideal grow house is more like a workshop. I'd love to try many different parameters, different set-ups, strategies, with plenty of room for genetic selections and cross-breeding and more. Of course, I'd love a high capacity as well. What would make it truly ideal is having plenty of friends to share and experiment with.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!