Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Would different varieties of P. Cubensis have different effect?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 p2p

p2p

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:53 PM

A question for those who are microdosing with P. Cubensis.

Would different varieties of Cubes have different effect on the mind and body?

For example with cannabis different strains can produce different results, like level of anxiety or calmness, energy level or sleepiness, etc…

Is there a difference between microdosing with GT, B+, Big Mexican, etc…, or would all of them have a similar effect? I am assuming the same level of active ingredients in all of them.

#2 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:36 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ts-and-potency/

A cube is a cube my friend. Unless it's albino or a PE.

• p2p and ilikethings like this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 611 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:48 PM

IDK about microdosing but different strains of cubensis have different effects at higher doses. Elrick has done lots of experiments with different strains at the high doses and found clear differences. I personally have grown four different strains and noticed differences in the mid to high dose range for each of them. More or less visual, greater or lesser body load, potency is something that varies with each batch and even with each fruiting body, but in the same batch will have some standardization of effects.

Thus I recumbent to grow a few strains and see for yourself. Getting new strains isn't hard, many members here are open to making trades for new genetics. Of course buying new genetics might be the most fool proof way for a noobie.

• p2p likes this

#4 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:51 PM

Now did you have a perceived notion of a strain doing something differently?

#5 p2p

p2p

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:05 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ts-and-potency/

A cube is a cube my friend. Unless it's albino or a PE.

This was my understanding as well.

GT microdose offers a bit of energy and clear mind, but Big Mexican microdose produced something like a bit of anxiety.

Since there are way too many factors that could influence mood, I wanted to check with others before testing further.

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,365 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:13 PM

If your my getting different results from different cube strains microdosing, IMO it's the ailment you’re treating creating the different results. Or maybe not mixing an even consistency between doses.
I do believe that different strains have a a difference in potency as well as the substrate and environment. Even the music that you may play during the growth cycle lol. But more than a cube is a cube, a microdose is just a microdose. Strictly speaking from the assumption that it’s just a cube in the dose. When there is other mushrooms, vitamins, elements, etc that can change the experience. But no! It you take 0.2gr of GT compared to 0.2gr of B+ you will get the same results under the same conditions. Even if I’m wrong how can you say the conditions are the same. Same temps, same humidity to the same stomach content on the same day of the lunar cycle of the same day if the year. Set and setting plus all the environmentals will play a role in that difference of 0.2 or more so with 0.02gr

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 August 2020 - 09:11 PM.

• p2p, Paradoc and coAsTal like this

#7 p2p

p2p

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:19 PM

Are there any known benefits of taking a microdose twice per day?

Not to increase the dose, but to extend the effect.

#8 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 611 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:48 PM

Now did you have a perceived notion of a strain doing something differently?

Yes I did. I could tell you a short story.

I was growing a strain from the National park Taman Negara in Malaysia, this strain I was told was a newer strain and hadn't a long history of cultivation. I took a dose of 4g with coaco drink and proceded to trip in my usual way. I liked to look at the candle with our lady of Guadalupe when I trip but this mushroom wanted me to look at a picture of Durga off to my left side. The trip itself wasn't much of a body load or visuals. Instead the trip gave me a feeling of mental clairity on the come down that was very creative in nature. Usually I feel a clairity of mind that draws itself to introspection of the rational kind, yet this state of mind I was in was creative and compeled me to write poetry. Seven or Eight Poems flooded out of me, a productivity that I don't often have.

Now it isn't the case that this specific strain gave me a trip that no other strain could have, or that this strain will always give me this same trip more or less. Since there are so many factors that go into creating a mushrooms experience it is higly likely that strain was just a single factor in a multiplicity of factors that made this trip different and special. Set and setting is a large group of factors which I think strain, and more specifically: genetics, plays a part in.

:excl: The difference between strain I have only noticed in the higher than microdose range :excl:

Edited by Moonless, 01 August 2020 - 11:51 PM.

#9 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:21 AM

I've had some strains that produce more mental turbulance then clarity and others that gave clarity and peace of mind. Just like some that produce visuals while others are just a body high.... so yea, some p.cubensis act differently on the mind and body, taking extended micro doses is the best way to wait out your turn for trial at court :)
  • p2p likes this

#10 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:55 AM

Do you always dose with cacao? Because there's beautiful synergy between the 2 chemicals. Especially ceremonial grade cacao.

I've grown B+, malabar, maztapec, fiji, malaya, ecudador, and a few others I cant recall, hand picked fresh SE cubes, hand picked my mountain cubes.

The biggest factors for me are, sleep, time of day, food, or other chemicals then can enhance the trip, fasting, tolerance.

I've gotten the yawns on every type, fell asleep (cev/trance),  I've also danced/ran my ass off, gardened. It's all in the intent of the trip, they can and will smack you down though. When you get above 7g, hard to even describe it.

• coorsmikey and p2p like this

#11 p2p

p2p

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:54 PM

@rockyfungus

Can you recommend any particular brand of cacao?

How do you use it with the cubes?

#12 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:00 PM

Sorry for such a late reply!

Cacao I can find at the regular grocery, using a brand navitas.

Apparently better alkaloid concentration in some ceremonial grade cacao.

https://rainbo.com/b...o-and-mushrooms

#13 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

Does cacao work like Harlem on the body when taken in conjunction with psilocybes?

Harlem is some sort of chemically synthesized drug compound that is harmless by itself but when taken with psilocybes it amplifies the effects 10x....this mad scientist with a hook for a hand use to brew it back on this old shroom chat I use to hang in.

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,365 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:18 PM

Did you smoke any of this "Harlem"?

#15 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:16 PM

No, pirate wasnt that generous with his stash..... that was the handle of the one handed bio chemist that did the synthesis.

It may have had a different spelling too, my mind can only retain so much information....people would probably think I was nuts for remembering what people did in the privecy of their own home labs over 5years ago.

And who said you smoked it? It could have been a intervenes intake or they could have really just have been brewing meth and pulling my leg about what the compound did.

Edited by FunG, 25 August 2020 - 05:17 PM.

#16 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:56 PM

Cacao is more an empathogen I would say. So helps with anxiety and stressful come ups.

I've noticed it's way easier for me to meditate into the place of pure happiness. Kinda like MDMA is all I can compare it too. I think it does potentiate the trip a bit. Just very synergistic. Threbomaine is known to be a calming energy, and I guess some other cacao chemicals produce a lovelike feeling

• FunG likes this

#17 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:37 PM

Also Cacao is I guess a mild MAOI

#18 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

IDK about microdosing but different strains of cubensis have different effects at higher doses. Elrick has done lots of experiments with different strains at the high doses and found clear differences. I personally have grown four different strains and noticed differences in the mid to high dose range for each of them. More or less visual, greater or lesser body load, potency is something that varies with each batch and even with each fruiting body, but in the same batch will have some standardization of effects.

Thus I recumbent to grow a few strains and see for yourself. Getting new strains isn't hard, many members here are open to making trades for new genetics. Of course buying new genetics might be the most fool proof way for a noobie.

this occurs only at "high" levels because most people think a "normal" dose is an eigth to 5 grams. i dont think you are getting the full experience, not even close, with less than 7-10 gram minimum.

i would also concur that when you ARE taking the proper doses, there is a diffrence.

#19 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:08 AM

Does cacao work like Harlem on the body when taken in conjunction with psilocybes?

Harlem is some sort of chemically synthesized drug compound that is harmless by itself but when taken with psilocybes it amplifies the effects 10x....this mad scientist with a hook for a hand use to brew it back on this old shroom chat I use to hang in.

youre thinking of harmal and harmaline, most commonly extracted from Syrian Rue, it is an MAOI, and therefore potentiates tryptamines

• FunG likes this

#20 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:08 AM

I concure with those above who stated: "a cube is a cube is a cube."  As far as I understand they are called cubes because the first cultivated version was collected in Cuba.  I have not played with anything other than cubies but there appears to be a big difference (larger % of psilocin and more importantly--psilocybin--since most psilocin degrades rapidly for various reasons) between cubies and the other species of psilo-containing fruits (as opposed to strains of cubes).  I tried growing PE once and I don't recall getting any fruits to test.  the myc was healthy but never fruited.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!