• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:05 PM

I'm using a plastic 20 gallon craftsman storage box/tote (the stackable kind) like you'd see at lowes or home depot to build an automated FC for growing pans and exotics.  I've got everything I need to make this work, but it will have to have a light inside.  Ideally this will be capable of surviving the humidity and light enough to mount to the plastic tub lid by normal means up to nuts and bolts or possibly adhesives.  Someone has to have solved this already.

Edited by Jrotten, 03 August 2020 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,205 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:13 PM

I use LED (red and blue) boards that I build shining through a clear lid.....but you could use something like this https://www.superbri...#/attributes/14 inside a tub I'd bet....Blue is a useful color for mushrooms, blue and red seems better to me.....

A

• Jrotten likes this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:15 PM

Is the red and blue like a blurple light the growers use?

• Arathu likes this

#4 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:18 PM

Is red and blue better than blue and white?  I was looking at some configuration of these.  Maybe 3 18cm set short wise or maybe 2 48cm set long wise.  Red and blue is an option so is blue and white

https://www.amazon.c...p_RwlkFbDHSZAG8

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,205 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

Exactly.....

post-113856-0-17473700-1518302872.jpg

Red and blue make purple for sure....

A

• rockyfungus likes this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,333 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:05 AM

I purchased LEDs that were intended for use on a boat... They are completely sealed... You would have to buy a ballast to run the ones that I am currently running... Also, you could consider getting a light designed for aquarium or terrarium use... There are some pretty slick little units out there, I have had a couple, that are water proof due to there being designed for use with a fish tank.

• Jrotten likes this

#7 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:11 PM

I purchased LEDs that were intended for use on a boat... They are completely sealed... You would have to buy a ballast to run the ones that I am currently running... Also, you could consider getting a light designed for aquarium or terrarium use... There are some pretty slick little units out there, I have had a couple, that are water proof due to there being designed for use with a fish tank.

I went with the aquarium bar.  Suction cups stuck right to the tub lid.  The light bar uses RGB leds and has very adjustable color choices.  Is purple better than just red or blue or white?  Is it going to make that big of difference at this point?  The plan/hope is to be fruiting tropical and subtropical species beyond Cubensis.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!