• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

I'm an experienced tripper and probably consumed shrooms more then I can count. This weekend I took 2.5g a very low dose for me. Typically I'm in the 5g-7g range.

Anywho, during the trip I had my usual stomach discomfort. Usually post trip I'm starving and ready to feast, I didn't eat after and didn't eat the next day. I had the shits for 2 days and was living in the bathroom.

It's now subsided for the most part, but I feel kinda stuck. Like I'm thinking I need a bigger dose on my day off to kinda get back to normal. Is this a bad idea? Should I wait a week or 2 and try and integrate and figure out what's wrong?

TLDR: took a small dose had the shits and now feeling stuck/depressed.

#2 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

Have had a similar experience- but on a much larger dose, which led to me not eating for much longer. I just felt no need to eat.

As far as the feeling of stuckness, my recommendation would be to do what you are thinking. Eat a much larger dose and see where that takes you.

And my advice for everyone regarding nausea is 'embrace it'.  Learn to love the purge. It's one of the biggest gifts the Mushrooms give us.

When I feel the nausea, I sit with it for a while, then go and vomit. All ways feel amazing afterwards. It's in the resistance to the nausea, or the mental justification that purging is unneeded that the confusion and heaviness set in.

Nausea is the body saying "hey, there's shit in here I need to get rid of"

Edited by Severian, 04 August 2020 - 03:11 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:39 PM

I guess I'll have to embrace the purge. I usually smoke copious amount of herb to help the belly out on the comeup and comedown.

Yeah really lacking any drive to eat right now. Just been staying hydrated and eating tiny snacks when I feel my blood sugar fall.

I only did a lower dose to be a guide for my friend that has never partaken before. But yea tomorrow 5gs is gonna be needed. I microdosed today so hopefully I haven't been using too much since the weekend.

Appreciate the input. I've noticed any dose less then 3.5g is not as comfortable as fully breaking through. I can meditate and use lower doses for good, but they tend to be heavier on the body and mind somehow. Like your in between realities I guess.

Edited by rockyfungus, 04 August 2020 - 04:40 PM.

• Severian likes this

#4 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:49 PM

agreed on the lower doses; and still playing with this myself- There's a real fine line between that sweet spot 'perfect for yoga/meditation' and the weird in between place.

On my experience mentioned above; I had the possibly the strongest psychedelic trip of my life; on 5g + 4g(when peaking); which led to a clear understanding of what the purge actually is doing. And then I didn't feel the need to eat for 13 days. (I have extensive fasting experience, so this wasn't too distressing to me, but it was still very curious- and it was the most effortless fast I've ever done also)

edit: having a TON of good, purifed water I've found to be an absolute necessity for effective purging. I haven't exactly measured, but I think I've probably drunk close to 2 gallons in the 10 hour period of the trip. Definitely recommend putting some celtic sea salt in the water as well to help replenish electrolytes. And keep the lid closed when you're not actively drinking it.

Edited by Severian, 04 August 2020 - 04:51 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#5 Mycol

Mycol

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:09 AM

I’ve got a pretty iron stomach that I hope lasts and lasts, but a buddy I would trip with told me not to worry when he purged that it happened every time and that he tripped hard after it . As Severian was saying embrace it. Do you fast before you eat the mush ? When I eat much it’s usually the only thing on my stomach that day . I might have coffee that day too, which I am starting to question if I really need in my life anyway . I’m not an everyday coffee drinker but if I go out to breakfast I can drink a whole pot and used to do that at work too .

You mentioned blood sugar too, after I peak and have leveled off I usually enjoy a beer for energy but just one most times . It males my me feel like I’ve got something on my stomach .

Edited by Mycol, 05 August 2020 - 08:10 AM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#6 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:32 AM

My body hates alcohol so I avoid it. Never purged or felt the need, I always assumed the stomach discomfort was similar to a period, but how am I suppose to know. I'll try and purge next time, I know it's part of a lot of rituals.

I always fast, 12+ hrs. I used to do the coffee before the trip, but figured it could cause increased anxiety. Switched to black tea for my therapy day.

At the peak I like to try eat fruit/veggie, can't eat anything that's manufactured/processed, and meat is a huge WTF. Grapes!

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:10 PM

Usually post trip I'm starving and ready to feast, I didn't eat after and didn't eat the next day. I had the shits for 2 days and was living in the bathroom.

That sounds like a case of food poisoning to me. Or something along those lines that involved more than just the fungi.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and planetcaravan03 like this

#8 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:48 PM

My wife has the same problem with nausea happening even the next day. It is the cubes, not food poisoning. I am exploring extracts and Ps. semperviva as solutions to this.

#9 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

It seems everyone is different, I know that my stomach won’t tolerate mushrooms, even a small dose or with ginger. Nothing works except sometimes smoking weed, but I don’t always want the influence of marijuana in my mushroom trip. Making mushroom tea is about the only solution for me. A few weeks ago I tried a mushroom honey that had the ground up mush in it, even after vomiting I felt like shit until after the peak.

The extra problems for two days...not sure why that would be. Unless you’re body was really rejecting something, or similar to TV’s advice it could be something else going on, maybe food poisoning or not.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:27 PM

My wife has the same problem with nausea happening even the next day. It is the cubes, not food poisoning. I am exploring extracts and Ps. semperviva as solutions to this.

That is considerably different from having "the shits" for two days. And after years of prior use this was apparently the first time such symptoms were experienced, which suggests something else was involved. The unusual symptoms (and their duration) is not proof of food poisoning, but they suggest that it's a plausible explanation. I'm not ruling out it being a case of an unusual reaction to the fungi, but something like food poisoning can't be ruled out based on what was reported, either.

Edited by TVCasualty, 05 August 2020 - 03:28 PM.

• clumsy likes this

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,732 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:30 PM

I would try to make some lime tea. I get zero nausea that way. Eating them is always a bit of a gamble for my stomach. Personally if my stomach is empty it's worse. I have a friend who refuses to eat mushies because he always gets stomach trouble.

Like T.V. said though, this sounds like a different issue. Almost everyone can associate some form of nausea with eating mushrooms. Severin do you consider shitting your pants for two days after ingestion part of the "purge" ?

Maybe it was just a coincidence and you got bad diarrhea from something else?

Might be off topic but I have noticed lately that I smoke copious amounts of weed on a mushroom weekend. So much so that I get nausea for the next few days when trying to smoke up again. Even hardcore stoners can get short term effects from overuse

Edited by flashingrooster, 06 August 2020 - 04:33 PM.

#12 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 345 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:06 PM

I would also inquire into the substrate used and the mushroom strain. I have found marked differences in side effects from different strains. I am not at all fond of the PFTek strain nor Penis Envy, whereas B+ or Golden Teacher sit well enough for a cube. The Ps. mexicana generally have mostly psilocybin and no psilocin, baeocystin nor norbaeocystin. They leave no headache nor any nausea or other digestive upset.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnōthi seauton
know thyself
  • clumsy likes this

#13 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:06 PM

Cleaning up some Ps. mexicana on agar, excited about trying them out. Cubensis was considered last choice for Shamans in S. America.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!