27 replies to this topic

#1 Teocalli

Teocalli

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:51 PM

Golden Teacher syringes from #########

Syringes left in the refrigerator for 4 months before using.

Grew them using 12 kits from ##########

This is my 5th operation. The previous 4 using the same methods/materials were all very successful.

The only difference was putting them in a new room, away from direct sunlight. Plenty of light in the room, just indirect.

Fruit came out pretty large, about 7-12 inches fresh. Looked beautiful. Harvested at a mix of different stages, before veil breaking, after veil breaking.

These shrooms were put into a dehydrator immediately. Not stored, eaten within a week of being bone dry.

So far 5 people have tried them. One group of 3 people. One group of 2 people. The two groups do not know each other. All 5 people reported ZERO effect. One person took 7 grams with no effect.

I know there are certain things that can affect a trip. Dosage, up-regulation, Rx meds such as anti-depressants, etc.

The only reason I haven't tested them myself is because I took acid a couple days ago and I don't want there to be any up-regulation interference.

I would be very grateful for anybody's input. Thank you -

My question is, has anyone ever heard about harvesting fruit that has no effect on people?

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 August 2020 - 08:38 PM.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2020 - 08:43 PM

I edited out the vendor info before approving this. In order help keep the board from clutter please keep the vendor talk the one designated thread for that. It also explains why in the first post.

To help answer your question, do you perhaps have some photos so we can verify that your GTs weren’t mislabeled and some edible culture?

Edited by coorsmikey, 15 August 2020 - 06:35 AM.

• mushit, TVCasualty, Juthro and 1 other like this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:13 AM

Did anyone report nausea or anything at all?

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:15 AM

I had the same thought coors posted about it possibly being an edible. It happens.

Were they delicious?

• coorsmikey, Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#5 kieplangdu

kieplangdu

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:28 PM

Do them even look like Cubensis?

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

I don't know! I haven't had the chance to see them yet.

#7 Teocalli

Teocalli

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:07 PM

IMG-3169.jpg

• Coopdog likes this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:23 PM

Well you could send them to me and I’ll test them for you. I say your friends don’t know what they are talking about or don’t want to pay up on the front. Acid or not, chomp some down and see for yourself. I personally think GT is one of the mildest cube I’ve ever experienced but at 7 gr I’m sure I’d would be sing and dancing. I got nothing cuz those are cubes and btw nice job on harvesting. That bag has some nice aesthetics and no shake.
  • PJammer24, Ronald Ray Gun and BrotherDekatessera like this

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:00 AM

Are your friends taking any psych meds?

*edit: I see that you have already considered this as a potential reason for why they are not doing the trick... Based on what you have said, I don't know that anyone here is gonna help you get to the bottom of this... Those look like they should do the trick to me!!

I guess there is a possibility that certain genetic variations produce little or no active compounds? This would be extremely rare but not an impossibility...

I am assuming these were grown directly from spore? If these were from a spore syringe or print then it is pretty impossible that ever single genetic combination you grew was inactive...

Edited by PJammer24, 17 August 2020 - 09:40 AM.

• Arathu, Juthro and MsBehavin420 like this

#10 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:12 AM

My question would be how long have they been dried and in storage. I have noticed considerable potency degradation after storing them dried, in a light proof jar, and in a safe. The people who normally consume mine noticed this as well, however most of them still knew they had eaten a mushroom. It just took them 2x more than normal doses. 

I think I will be vacuum sealing and freezing my harvest this year in an attempt to avoid this. Ideally If things go well I may try and make a bunch of that honey I keep reading about.

I just read over again, that's wild a day after still no potency. I would really like to know why this happened as well.

Edited by makinbones69, 17 August 2020 - 09:25 AM.

• TVCasualty and Arathu like this

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:47 AM

My question would be how long have they been dried and in storage.

That was the first question that I thought of when I saw the picture of that bag. They definitely don't look delicious at all, which means they're the right ones, lol.

And FWIW, the longest I know of fungi remaining potent is 8 years, and it was fungi stored in honey in the back of a kitchen cupboard at room temp. Based on that, exposure to oxygen and light seem to be the primary threats to potency.

• makinbones69 and ElrikEriksson like this

#12 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:08 PM

Once you're clean of psychoactives for a week just take what to you would be a respectable but tolerable dose and find out.

Yes, it is possible for a strain from any variety to be inactive even with proper drying and storage. More commonly they are simply weaker than average.

If they are weak ones, don't hold that against them. One of my favorite bloodlines is consistently weaker than the average cube, but when I crank up the gram dose high enough for it to be as strong as my usual trips it gives phenomenal euphoria.

My weak-but-wonderful variety is a Palenque bloodline, I've also heard numerous times of people getting weaker GT grows or bloodlines. I've never really heard anyone say that about Transkei, if you expand your collection consider putting Transkei high on the list, they are so freaking fun!

They definitely don't look delicious at all, which means they're the right ones, lol.

:laugh:

#13 SlimPickins

SlimPickins

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:16 AM

My question would be how long have they been dried and in storage. I have noticed considerable potency degradation after storing them dried, in a light proof jar, and in a safe. The people who normally consume mine noticed this as well, however most of them still knew they had eaten a mushroom. It just took them 2x more than normal doses. 

I think I will be vacuum sealing and freezing my harvest this year in an attempt to avoid this. Ideally If things go well I may try and make a bunch of that honey I keep reading about.

My first batch I tried vacuum sealing and freezing, but unless you can freeze them VERY quickly, they come out pretty mushy and bruised from the formation of water crystals. Actually, what would be ideal is to use small bags and throw them in some liquid nitrogen...

I have had good success with long-term storage though if using a desiccant like silica gel beads in the container so that they stay as free of moisture as possible. 

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

I grew out some beautiful B+ mushrooms, and they had no bang whatsoever. Looked beautiful in the bag though just like that lol. Since then I have seen others say the same thing about that strain, so maybe it's just one of the weaker ones. I have also seen people discuss Golden Teachers in the same way, although for me GT was some of the most spiritual and beautiful ones I have ever came across. You won't really know until you try them yourself. I suggest sooner rather than later. :) Hey, it's Saturday, what else you got planned? 

• coorsmikey, Arathu, PJammer24 and 1 other like this

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,457 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:32 AM

My first batch I tried vacuum sealing and freezing, but unless you can freeze them VERY quickly, they come out pretty mushy and bruised from the formation of water crystals. Actually, what would be ideal is to use small bags and throw them in some liquid nitrogen...

I have had good success with long-term storage though if using a desiccant like silica gel beads in the container so that they stay as free of moisture as possible. 

Batches of mushrooms run through a dehydrator until crumbly cracker dried and then vacuum packed and sealed....and then frozen in the deep freezer........

I think most of you would be pleased five years and beyond assuming the fresh ones produced the actives you're looking for....

Cracker dried and then stored with desiccant packs in a sealed mason jar in the deep freeze....also VERY effective......

A

• Coopdog, Juthro, makinbones69 and 1 other like this

#16 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,457 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:35 AM

I grew out some beautiful B+ mushrooms, and they had no bang whatsoever. Looked beautiful in the bag though just like that lol. Since then I have seen others say the same thing about that strain, so maybe it's just one of the weaker ones. I have also seen people discuss Golden Teachers in the same way, although for me GT was some of the most spiritual and beautiful ones I have ever came across. You won't really know until you try them yourself. I suggest sooner rather than later. :) Hey, it's Saturday, what else you got planned? 

A fire, my drums and flutes, and the local spirits..........

Need to stop and get some ale......sounds like a plan......

Eat about five grams of those and let us know.......

A

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, MsBehavin420 and 1 other like this

#17 SlimPickins

SlimPickins

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

Batches of mushrooms run through a dehydrator until crumbly cracker dried and then vacuum packed and sealed....and then frozen in the deep freezer........

I think most of you would be pleased five years and beyond assuming the fresh ones produced the actives you're looking for....

Cracker dried and then stored with desiccant packs in a sealed mason jar in the deep freeze....also VERY effective......

A

There's a good combo. From what I've heard anecdotally, getting the moisture out asap is #1 priority. If you froze them afterwards I'd bet that would help even longer. But, any moisture you leave in them before they're slowly frozen will crystallize and mash things up a bit.

Now if I had a few thousand to shell out for a freeze dryer......

• Arathu likes this

#18 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

They get soggy even if dried first in a freezer? I'd likely never freeze them wet

#19 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,457 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:34 PM

They get soggy even if dried first in a freezer? I'd likely never freeze them wet

No...if they're dehydrated completely before freezing they "thaw" by returning to room temperature......in good shape....

A

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:22 PM

I recommend leaving fungi sealed in whatever container they're in until both the container and the fungi inside have warmed back up to room temp. That takes longer than it might seem if they're vacuum packed since the lack of air acts as insulation.

The goal is to prevent condensation from forming on the fungi or the interior of the container. After a few freeze/thaw cycles they will have absorbed enough humidity to start getting floppy again if they're opened while still cold. A desiccant pack helps, but not as much in the freezer (I doubt that silica gel can absorb water vapor at all when it's frozen).

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!