• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:58 PM

I've noticed some batches come out way weaker then other batches, assuming genetics.

The thing that seems to make my trips way more consistent is to mix all my cubensis together and try and grab a bit of each for each dose. That way you are averaging out the psilo content between various strains/grows.

My tip would be to get more prints and start trying some of the less common strains. I've never had good batches with B+, GT. Hell my fiji, puerto rico, malabar, mazatapec, and every other cube are eseentialy the same.I've stopped really labeling at this point unless it's something special. I really don't see any difference between most cubes, historically shamans didn't even touch cubes. They were a last choice sacrament.

Edited by rockyfungus, 24 August 2020 - 04:59 PM.

#22 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:57 PM

I suspect an often overlooked possible reason why shamans avoided cubes was because, generally, they were using them often enough to build up massive tolerance and cubes cause issues if you try to take 30+ dry grams at a time to overcome tolerance. Heck, just 12 grams will have me near vomiting, even on very weak strains.

There are accounts of them eating dinner plates full of sempervivas and zapos every night, can you imagine how much cubensis that would be? :laugh:

#23 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Yeah anywhere past 6g of cubes my stomach is severely dissapointed in my decisions. I think part of the reason is because they are non-native too, the conquistadors would of brought it over with cattle.

Time for me to move on to more potent genetics.

#24 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:01 PM

Well you could send them to me and I’ll test them for you. I say your friends don’t know what they are talking about or don’t want to pay up on the front. Acid or not, chomp some down and see for yourself. I personally think GT is one of the mildest cube I’ve ever experienced but at 7 gr I’m sure I’d would be sing and dancing. I got nothing cuz those are cubes and btw nice job on harvesting. That bag has some nice aesthetics and no shake.

thats what I was thinking lol.

presentation on point. 

we have all seen the vac bag that looks like a hurricane of spores and ground up caps went in the bag, and we have all seen "market ready" fruits with substrate all over them.

#25 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:02 PM

I've noticed some batches come out way weaker then other batches, assuming genetics.

The thing that seems to make my trips way more consistent is to mix all my cubensis together and try and grab a bit of each for each dose. That way you are averaging out the psilo content between various strains/grows.

My tip would be to get more prints and start trying some of the less common strains. I've never had good batches with B+, GT. Hell my fiji, puerto rico, malabar, mazatapec, and every other cube are eseentialy the same.I've stopped really labeling at this point unless it's something special. I really don't see any difference between most cubes, historically shamans didn't even touch cubes. They were a last choice sacrament.

do you have any sources concerning the statement you made about "shaman" and cubensis?

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:40 AM

do you have any sources concerning the statement you made about "shaman" and cubensis?

That idea probably came about thanks to Maria Sabina mentioning that she didn't use them (or preferred not to) since they showed up with the Conquistadors and cattle, being non-native to the this Hemisphere (but once that species was brought here it spread through all suitable habitats very quickly).

I can't recall if that info came from Wasson's article in Life magazine or a later account, but I clearly remember there being a source for it out there somewhere that I read at some point. It's a single source and anecdotal, but then there aren't many extant shamanic traditions around involving mushroom use as the central sacrament so it's probably a true statement by virtue of the fact that the ones that do exist are led by shamans who apparently prefer to use more potent and less body-loading species and which are generally available in the region where such traditions endure.

It would be very interesting to determine with a high degree of confidence that the fungi pictured in the famous Algerian cave paintings from ~9000 years ago depict cubensis, which seems likely to me due to their relative size as depicted in the paintings. And being native to Africa, I'd assume that shamans from that continent were not averse to using cubensis like the shamans of what's now Central Mexico are/were.

#27 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:55 AM

That idea probably came about thanks to Maria Sabina mentioning that she didn't use them (or preferred not to) since they showed up with the Conquistadors and cattle, being non-native to the this Hemisphere (but once that species was brought here it spread through all suitable habitats very quickly).

I can't recall if that info came from Wasson's article in Life magazine or a later account, but I clearly remember there being a source for it out there somewhere that I read at some point. It's a single source and anecdotal, but then there aren't many extant shamanic traditions around involving mushroom use as the central sacrament so it's probably a true statement by virtue of the fact that the ones that do exist are led by shamans who apparently prefer to use more potent and less body-loading species and which are generally available in the region where such traditions endure.

It would be very interesting to determine with a high degree of confidence that the fungi pictured in the famous Algerian cave paintings from ~9000 years ago depict cubensis, which seems likely to me due to their relative size as depicted in the paintings. And being native to Africa, I'd assume that shamans from that continent were not averse to using cubensis like the shamans of what's now Central Mexico are/were.

I would also expect to find usage in the mediterranean based on several peoples studies on the eleusinian mysteries. I was just curious where the info that shamanic cultures didnt like cubensis came from.

When you say "being native to africa" are you referring to yourself as african, or saying cubensis originated in africa? 

#28 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:12 PM

When you say "being native to africa" are you referring to yourself as african, or saying cubensis originated in africa? 

The latter.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!