• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

I recently took some old dried san pedro chips, about 75 grams, and 25 grams of peruvian torch and carried out D-Ron's limonene/Lime/vinegar tek.

First, I would like to say it was super super easy.  Doing my first extraction with safe chemicals was re-assuring.  I did a total of 3 soaks:

• First soak for 8 hours, I did 3 vinegar washes.  Is this called a wash?  Whats the chemistry term?  Anyway, I got .5 grams of a black tar like super bitter substance.
  • Second soak for 7 days, I did 3 vinegar washes.  Got .16 grams of a brownish gold ear wax product.  Again, very bitter.
  • Third soak for 2 weeks, I did 5 vinegar washes.  Got .15 grams of a golden near powder like substance.  Super bitter.

A couple of questions.  Am I correct in assuming that the 3rd batch, the golden powder like stuff, is more potent than the black tar stuff from the first batch?

I am currently storing this in the fridge until I have time to try it.  Can I freeze it?

I am thinking about mixing the 3 batches in a bit of vinegar and then evaporating so I get a nice homogenized end product.  Any advice?

Can D-Ron's tek be done on Bridgesii with success?  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:03 AM

Uploading a photo of the 3 different runs.  You can see the powdery stuff on top, the last run.  The amber colored waxy stuff below that, the second run.  And finally the black tar like stuff from the first run is at the bottom.

P1020322V2.jpg

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:29 AM

Welcome to 'Topia!

I haven't noticed any new mescaline extraction threads in a while, so that's nice to see.

I think cactus is vastly underrated, and am kind of surprised that cactus and cactus extracts are not driving the exponentially-growing mainstream interest in psychedelics rather than Ayahuasca and fungi.

As much as I'm into fungi, if someone said they could have one and only one psychedelic experience in their life, I'd suggest they go with a high dose of mescaline. Preferably whole cactus (such as powdered dry skins) or as a crude extract that contains all the relevant alkaloids which makes for a different experience than pure mescaline by itself.

That said, I have nothing to add to the extract discussion as I've not yet done a cactus extract. I've just made tea and consumed powdered skins whole (mixed into a chocolate milkshake, which worked incredibly well). I probably won't ever make tea again. puke

Edited by TVCasualty, 20 August 2020 - 11:30 AM.

• onediadem, Myc, ElrikEriksson and 1 other like this

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:00 PM

disregard - didn't catch that this is a limonene discussion

Edited by pharmer, 20 August 2020 - 12:05 PM.

#5 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:08 PM

If you use vinegar your end product will be an acetate. Just be aware that sulfuric acid and vinegar create crystals of different densities than HCl and the dosage recommendations will be different. As a rule of thumb 500 mg of HCL is one dose for one person of approx 185 pounds. The same 500 mg of the sulfur and vinegar salts will dose differently. I don't know the recommended dose for those, knowing only the process and guidelines for HCL.

I was doing some research on dosing not too long ago.  I can't remember what forum but some guy took mescaline acetate from cacti up the bum.  He claimed that 75mg rectally, diluted in a bit of water, had the same effect as a 300mg dose taken orally.  He also claimed he dodged all the stomach discomfort taking it that way.   I plan to take 75mg tomorrow, I will take a bit from each of the 3 pulls that I did and I will be taking it rectally.  Seems a great way to conserve my cacti and I'm down for no stomach discomfort although the stomach discomfort when taken in tea doesn't really effect me that bad.

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:21 PM

I had no stomach issues at all when I mixed 50 grams of dry skins into a chocolate/Kalhua milkshake, which I'm guessing buffered my stomach and masked ~90% of the taste. It seems like a good middle ground between choking down tea or whole skins vs. keistering an extract.

Just don't take too long to drink a cactus milkshake since the powder turns it into a big cup of slime as it rehydrates after being mixed into it. The following morning I was checking out the residue left at the bottom of the blender since it looked solid, and sure enough it slid out as a single blob that bounced when it hit the counter (seriously).

• NardDogOverdrive likes this

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

how long did it take the powder to completely enter your bloodstream?

seems like it would be a gradual 2 or three hour onset

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

It was a solid 3 hours before I started feeling it, about 15 or so until it ended.

#9 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:31 PM

I haven't noticed any new mescaline extraction threads in a while, so that's nice to see.

I didn't even realize cactus extraction threads were allowed here! :laugh:

Not to hijack, but just how chem-labby can we get in non-synthesis threads?

I do my cactus work in an actual basement chemistry lab. Can we share stuff that is just one reagent away from synthesis work?

Recrystallization experiments, anhydrous acetone washes, novel mescaline salts, novel solvents, attempts at alkaloid separation, attempts at distillation of alkaloid base, that sort of thing?

I've had to take a break from mushrooms so I went back to playing with drugs that have shelf lives measured in centuries.

I plan to be a wild old man in 40 years, might as well stock up now :wink:

To the OP, I haven't got around to playing with limonene, but at this point your product should be fully in salted form, if you were to re-dissolve and re-evaporate you would not need to add vinegar.

If I were at that stage and I were not going to refine it further I would most likely just chop and mix, chop and mix, until it looked reasonably homogeneous and use it in that form.

For me, nausea is only an issue with refined mescaline if I take a high dose. I often have a jar of sweet ginger nearby when I trip because of my pharmahuasca years, and my beloved vomit bucket gets put by my bed if I begin to get suspicious.

• TVCasualty and NardDogOverdrive like this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:09 PM

I do my cactus work in an actual basement chemistry lab. Can we share stuff that is just one reagent away from synthesis work?

Recrystallization experiments, anhydrous acetone washes, novel mescaline salts, novel solvents, attempts at alkaloid separation, attempts at distillation of alkaloid base, that sort of thing?

I've had to take a break from mushrooms so I went back to playing with drugs that have shelf lives measured in centuries.

To the OP, I haven't got around to playing with limonene, but at this point your product should be fully in salted form, if you were to re-dissolve and re-evaporate you would not need to add vinegar.

If I were at that stage and I were not going to refine it further I would most likely just chop and mix, chop and mix, until it looked reasonably homogeneous and use it in that form.

For me, nausea is only an issue with refined mescaline if I take a high dose. I often have a jar of sweet ginger nearby when I trip because of my pharmahuasca years, and my beloved vomit bucket gets put by my bed if I begin to get suspicious.

If you start with organically-sourced material, whatever you do to it after extracting it is probably fine. Consider how interesting what you're posting might be to LEOs and act accordingly. So while detailing something like a rootbark extraction for DMT is fine, posting how to scale it up to making kilos of DMT crystals might be problematic.

There's a thread or two about making LSD around here somewhere, but even that usually begins with ergot so it's sort of an extraction too, and the threads were left up because it's not like anyone is going to follow a "how to make LSD" thread and actually make any LSD.

It's probably a good general rule to consider anything that a purely for-profit drug dealer or chemist would be interested in manufacturing for making money with to be on the wrong side of the blurry line drawn at this site. So while MDA or MDMA might be made from heavily modified extracts and so is arguably similar to making interesting mescaline salts, it's also notorious as a highly profitable party drug and is on every law enforcement agency's radar.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it occurs to me that the drugs LE seems most interested in and spends the most time and resources trying to bust people with are the ones that LEOs are most likely to prefer to consume themselves (so we definitely don't want any threads about steroids!). I've personally met cops who love MDMA and coke and all that (especially coke), but none that like mescaline or DMT (etc.).

Edited by TVCasualty, 20 August 2020 - 02:09 PM.

• ElrikEriksson and YoshiTrainer like this

#11 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:13 PM

I ended up taking 100mg rectally, after 1.5 hours and experienced nothing.  I then ate 300mg and all I got was the feeling of body load and a slight head change.  No visuals at all.  I think I would need to take at least 1 gram of this stuff to have a good trip.  I think I am done with San Pedro, too inconsistent, any new cactus work will be with Bridgesii.

#12 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:16 AM

Even with snow white refined mescaline hydrochloride [which is stronger than sulfate] 300mg would be a very light trip for me.

The literature says 300-500mg of mescaline base is a standard dose. This equates to 440-730mg of pure mescaline sulfate or 350-600mg of pure mescaline hydrochloride, and your stuff wasn't pure :wink:

Also to consider is that, except in very high doses, mescaline is the least visual of the classical hallucinogens. I spent an hour once trying to figure out the difference between fingers, blanket, and thought, I hardly had any visuals at that point but I was still tripping my brains out :laugh:

Lastly, 'san pedro' gets a bad reputation because many people mistake the PC clone with T. pachanoi. The PC clone is usually mostly to entirely DMPEA rather than mescaline. I cranked the dose up very high once and all I got was what I would normally consider side-effects.

Lets do the math. If your product is 75% pure mescaline acetate [which may be generous due to residual water], in order to get 500mg of mescaline base into you you'll need to consume 800mg of your product.

Next time you want to trip, try 800mg and pay attention to more than just visuals. You might have just dosed too low before [187mg of base, again assuming 75% pure acetate]

• coorsmikey, YoshiTrainer and NardDogOverdrive like this

#13 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:58 AM

Next time you want to trip, try 800mg and pay attention to more than just visuals. You might have just dosed too low before [187mg of base, again assuming 75% pure acetate]

ElrikErisson, you have any experience increasing potency using cocoa nibs?  Or any other substance for that matter?

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#14 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:39 PM

I ended up taking 100mg rectally, after 1.5 hours and experienced nothing.  I then ate 300mg and all I got was the feeling of body load and a slight head change.  No visuals at all.  I think I would need to take at least 1 gram of this stuff to have a good trip.  I think I am done with San Pedro, too inconsistent, any new cactus work will be with Bridgesii.

In my experience, Peruvianus is the most consistently weak type of the "big 3" (Pachanoi, Bridgesii, Peruvianus).

Often it's almost zero on the alk front-- like most PC pach.

Bridgesii is consistently at least moderately good on alks, and additional chemicals that are present in that type are alleged to behave like MAOI's, which helps explain why even Bridges that test pretty low on mescaline alks still result in solid trips.

As for Pachanoi-- I'll only say this: if you don't know the origin of that plant, it's very hard to judge what to expect. Was it a PC/inctive? "True" Pachanoi, as in pure lines from Peru or Ecuador for example, or any of the well-researched/popular named clone types out there can be every bit as powerful (and even more-so) than a generic Bridgesii.

Scopulicola is another less common in the US (but really phenomenal!) type that has some of the best attributes of both worlds-- very consistent alk production, but less "speedy" than Bridges typically are--more Pachanoi-like. I wish they were more popular than they are-- everyone that loves visionary cactus should be trying to grow them. (also, they are usually spineless as adults :) )

I guess what I'm saying is that once you learn to properly ID Pach's, you can get good results by seeing what type they are... but as with everything in the plant world, potency will always involve the sum of that plant's unique experience from seedling to processing. Genetic lottery between father and mother plant, growing conditions/nutrition, and (many believe) the amount/kind of stressing/darking of the cut prior to boiling.

I might mention here that I never do extracts from cactus-- I only boil. As others have said, I get a very full experience from properly boiling down a cut, and the end product is surprisingly thin and palatable.

I never blend the flesh, just slice ~1/8 inch slices tip to base, put in a big stock pot, add as much water as necessary to submerse the plant ~3" underwater, add an ounce of white vinegar, put the lid on, and slow-simmer for about 24 hours (usually over 2 days).

I only add water to keep it above the flesh during this time, and I usually only have to do that a couple times. Then towards the end I'll let the level boil off by cracking the lid for the last several hours.

Once I'm around 24 hours, I simply pour the liquid into a pot, and use a wire mesh collander/strainer to catch the flesh-- then use a big spoon to squeeeeeeeze every last drop of liquid still within the flesh.

You'll be left with a ball of flesh around the size of your fist as trash.

Then I just simmer the liquid down to a few hundred ml-- maybe a pint or so, and put it in a jar to sit for a few days.

Sediment will fall out during that time, and much of the bitterness/nastiness that makes people ill will comprise that layer. The longer you sit it, the better your sediment will settle out.

When you're ready to drink, pour the clear 9/10 into your new vessel, ADD a ratio of 1:1 freshly ground, strong brewed coffee (preferably from the region home to your cactus line!) and (optionally) Mexican Terragon concentrated tea (a symbiotic herb often added to Cimora brews).

Your final result will taste astonishingly palatable served hot. It will not be snotty or slimy, just kind-of thick-- maybe slightly syrupy.

The coffee mitigates MUCH of the bitter taste, and I have never gotten sick after preparing my cactus brews this way-- probably over a dozen times now over the years.

Anyway-- I know this wasn't really germane to the conversation, but I find that a lot of people end up over-complicating cactus preparation (extracts and what-not) because they fear the taste of a simple boiled extraction-- so I always want to make clear that boiling, filtering/sedimenting, and mixing your brew properly will eliminate 90% of the problems most people have with it.

Cheers, and good luck with your efforts!

• ElrikEriksson, YoshiTrainer and NardDogOverdrive like this

#15 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:51 PM

ElrikErisson, you have any experience increasing potency using cocoa nibs?  Or any other substance for that matter?

Harmine, isolated harmine!

Dear GOD :biggrin:

I like to take isolated harmine with mescaline, and then more 2 hours after the mescaline so the second dose is peaking during mescaline peak.

Like 250mg of isolated harmine•HCl [with all harmaline removed] with around 700mg of good more-visual mescaline•HCl [equal to 600mg of base or 900mg of white crystal acetate from scopulicola or a good pachanoi hybrid] and then another 250mg of isolated harmine exactly 2 hours later.

This combination is the only way I get to the mescaline equivalent of DMT hyperspace. The first time I did it I landed in an alien toddlers playpen in a universe composed of rainbows that condensed to a semi-solid, with no memory of who or what I was. When the shock wore off I had great fun playing with a ball of rainbow-clay and merging-unmerging my body with the rainbow clay. What a trip.

By removing the harmaline from harmine it can be taken at higher doses with essentially no side effects. If using manske crystals the harmala dosing should be reduced to keep side effects manageable.

If the VDS [van der sypt] protocol for making pure harmine and THH isn't in the archives here, it can be found at the DMT Nexus or in the full member chemistry area at the nook.

Edited by ElrikEriksson, 23 August 2020 - 01:30 PM.

• YoshiTrainer and NardDogOverdrive like this

#16 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

Just got these little guys and they seem to be taking well.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0D52BAC6-4BD5-4C68-9989-BBFF5C24E34A.jpeg

• Boebs likes this

#17 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,531 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:08 PM

Dang Fruit Phones! Yeah my fruit phone inverts photos too! Welcome! Thanks for coming to check us out and more so coming out of the shadows of lurking!

• Boebs likes this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

Dang Fruit Phones! Yeah my fruit phone inverts photos too! Welcome! Thanks for coming to check us out and more so coming out of the shadows of lurking!

I'd assumed that the photo was taken in Australia, but that makes more sense.

#19 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:03 PM

There's a thread or two about making LSD around here somewhere, but even that usually begins with ergot so it's sort of an extraction too, and the threads were left up because it's not like anyone is going to follow a "how to make LSD" thread and actually make any LSD.

On the contrary, every dose out there is made by someone who followed the synth and made it.

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

I'll eat a handful of raw ergot if anyone lacking an advanced postgraduate-level education in organic chemistry has ever successfully made LSD from following an online guide, lol.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!