• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:55 AM

Hello friends! I've made a shorter introduction on this thread and I'm immediately embarrassed. I used "dearth" when I meant to use... honestly I don't even know what. It was early and I hadn't had coffee. Needless to say, I meant the opposite of dearth.

I've already learned much. With the knowledge already provided by everyone on this site, I've managed to get my own culture of APE started on BRF 50/50. I didn't start it too long ago so right now I'm just watching its colonization. I check it every other day and get probably over-excited, but it's just so cool!

I also enjoy reading, listening to music, and picking up odd hobbies. Covid has given me enough time to do all three, but boy has it done piss-all for my socialization. If anyone's looking for recommendations, here are a few:

Music

1. Deltron 3030 and Event 2, by Deltron 3030
  2. Lesser Man EP, by Boy Harsher
  3. Computer Savvy, by the J. Arthur Keanes Band
  4. Anything by: Mo Lowda and the Humble, Bent Knee, MGMT, and so many others!

Books

1. Vehicles by Valentino Braitenburg
  2. Laws of Media by Marshall McLuhan
  3. Foundations of Ethology by Konrad Lorenz

I recently picked up Elements of Semiology by Barthes, and so far it's a real treat!

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:05 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia!

Always good to have another reader around these parts. ;)

• xlcor likes this

#3 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia!

Always good to have another reader around these parts. ;)

Finding friends that are into ego dissolution with hallucinogens is hard. Finding friends that like to read is even harder. I'd love to hear any recommendations you might have!

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:59 AM

I've been sticking to fiction lately. Lots of Lee Child, Michael Connely, Stephen King - just mindless stuff to keep occupied. I'm also a big fan of Graham Hancock's theories and have most of his books. Fingerprints of the Gods is an especially good one to try if you're not familiar with his work.

As for music:

Basically the same thing. I try to stick with easy listening or music described as "inspirational" - my friends laugh at me for listening to "jesus music". Just trying to stay away from my usual preferences like Tool and try something out of the ordinary.

I also like to crank up the electric guitar and pretend that I know what I'm doing. ;) I like Jake E. Lee, Randy Rhoads, Dean DeLeo, etc.

For ego dissolution I recommend trichocereus cacti or mushrooms from the caerulescens group.

• xlcor likes this

#5 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:46 PM

I'm not familiar with any of those authors. Just obtained a completely legal  .pdf copy of Fingerprints. Looks interesting! I'll have to dive into Lee and the other artists, I'm always on the prowl for new vibes. Trying to find a source for cacti right now, looking at getting some pachanoi cuttings. Caerulescens will be my next project, thanks for the recommendation! I have some APE, lion's mane, and enoki colonizing currently.

• Myc likes this

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 697 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:47 PM

Hey friend welcome to the community.

• xlcor likes this

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

We generally don't tolerate smart people around here but may make an exception for you :)

my way of saying Welcome!

• xlcor likes this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:05 PM

If this is your first grow, you sure decided to jump in the deep end lol. Welcome to topia! I don't know if you are into space or not, but here ya go..

https://www.nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/index.html

#9 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,566 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

Welcome to topia! Have a lot of readers in here including me so thinking about starting a topia book club where we can discuss the books we're reading and possibly a book exchange. So stay tuned.. lol
Hugsndrugs
  • xlcor likes this

#10 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:43 PM

Hello friends! Returning for a moment before bedtime. Very happy to see the warm reception so far, thank you all!

We generally don't tolerate smart people around here but may make an exception for you :)

my way of saying Welcome!

I appreciate it, friend, and you'll come to learn very quickly that no such exception is necessary!

If this is your first grow, you sure decided to jump in the deep end lol. Welcome to topia! I don't know if you are into space or not, but here ya go..

https://www.nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/index.html

Big fan of space! I've been through the NASA website a few times to see what it takes to become an astronaut and the answer is: a lot more than I can do. I've never seen this collection before, so thanks for the knowledge! Origins of 21st-Century Space Travel and Three Sigma Leadership look especially interesting.

On a side-note, these books being collected by a government agency, I'm interested to see just how many are propagandistic.

Welcome to topia! Have a lot of readers in here including me so thinking about starting a topia book club where we can discuss the books we're reading and possibly a book exchange. So stay tuned.. lol
Hugsndrugs

I am very much in favor of a book club! There's such a diversity of views in the mycotopians that a group read would probably generate as much content as the literature being reviewed!

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!