• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

This is for a friend who cant seem to reply or start threads in welcome mat. I'd appreciate some direction.received_713785559200672.jpeg received_298775084740052.jpeg
  • Boebs, makinbones69 and samundson like this

#2 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:13 PM

DaBlueBonic seems to be making an honest attempt to add strong members to the community.
For a community considering FB I feel we should entertain the notion.
I'm just a rambler tho.

Edited by makinbones69, 24 August 2020 - 09:14 PM.

• Boebs likes this

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

Has this person verified their email?
Perhaps check the spam.
  • coorsmikey and makinbones69 like this

#4 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:50 PM

Is true I carted my horse to be fair on that statement and inquiry... I just want to gain a legit member and it took me a bit to gain membership myself and dont want the process to be difficult for a referral from a strong member here. With this being said wtf

A deer just fell off a fence lol 35y from where I hunt lol. I should be watching that but I'm only hearing it. I ramble.
  • Boebs and xlcor like this

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:27 AM

Ramblers... man what this world would be without them.
Boring if i so say so myself.

Yea this site needs some fresh members.
Hippie has been saying that.

My friends all think im weired for having this hobby lmao..
They cam screw themselfs

#6 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:00 AM

Ramblers... man what this world would be without them.
Boring if i so say so myself.

Yea this site needs some fresh members.
Hippie has been saying that.

My friends all think im weired for having this hobby lmao..
They cam screw themselfs

They can screw themselves with nonstandard screws, too, man, I'm talking weird fucking bits with like a full 69 degree angle of inclination and 420 turns per centimeter.

This is for a friend who cant seem to reply or start threads in welcome mat. I'd appreciate some direction.&&0){for(var>)throw>

I had the exact same problem. He can still post to people's walls/profile feeds. I'd recommend finding some active moderators and replying to their wall-posts to get some visibility, or even replying to wall-posts on the front page.

• Boebs likes this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:50 AM

420 turns per centimeter?? Thats some major thread count lmao
  • xlcor likes this

#8 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:48 AM

Unfortunately he never received a verification email. This is his 2nd attempt at becoming a member.
  • samundson likes this

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:02 AM

There should have been a validation email sent to this new member's email. Sometimes that email doesn't make it to the new member if it's not a valid email or it gets lost in their spam folders. Also multiple attempts at signing up as in back to back registration will flag as suspicious. We are hit with hundreds of new registrations every day which are mostly bots and spammers trying to attack. If a new registration even looks a lil suspicious then it needs to manually approved by an Admin.

For new members reading this, Please Don't sign up with multiple accounts thinking that will get you approved any faster. Those will get overlooked and confused as an attack. If for some reason you fall into this category and don't get validated in a reasonable amount of time do something like leave a status update that is not spam, or even just lurk and read some forums, bots don't read popular topics.

@Dabluebonic, I can't help if I don't know what member it is. 

Edited by coorsmikey, 25 August 2020 - 03:09 PM.

• Boebs, makinbones69, xlcor and 1 other like this

#10 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:18 AM

There should have been a validation email to this new member's email. Sometimes that email doesn't make it to the new member if it's not a valid email or it gets lost in their spam folders. Also multiple attempts at signing up as in back to back registration will flag as suspicious. We are hit with hundreds of new registrations every day which are mostly bots and spammers trying to attack. If a new registration even looks a lil suspicious then it needs to manually approved by an Admin.

For new members reading this, Please Don't sign up with multiple accounts thinking that will get you approved any faster. Those will get overlooked and confused as an attack. If for some reason you fall into this category and don't get validated in a reasonable amount of time do something like leave a status update that is not spam, or even just lurk and read some forums, bots don't read popular topics.

@Dabluebonic, I can't help if I don't know what member it is. 

For my part, I got the validation email and used it appropriately (I believe). I did request the validation multiple times in a row, each with a three-to-five minute delay I believe. I also couldn't post status updates, only replies to status updates. I can't say how appreciative I am, to have received moderator's prompt attention once I posted some status replies. Y'all are doing great work. I hope we get to meet bonic's friend!

• Boebs likes this

#11 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:03 PM

His username is "joeycid" and yes he checked his spam box and nothing.

#12 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:07 PM

Validated! 

#13 NardDogOverdrive

NardDogOverdrive

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:14 PM

DaBlueBonic seems to be making an honest attempt to add strong members to the community.
I'm just a rambler tho.

A community considering FB?  What the heck does that mean?  MT moving to facebook?  God I hope not, I am out of the loop.

• coorsmikey likes this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:10 PM

Sometimes we must entertain ideas for the sake of entertainment. :tinfoil:

#15 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:21 PM

I'm just a rambler tho.

A community considering FB?  What the heck does that mean?  MT moving to facebook?  God I hope not, I am out of the loop.

I believe this might be the consideration in question.

#16 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 10:46 PM

I feel like with the start of the decriminalization of active fungi in the U.S., it would be foolish to not advertise. Once people see this is a friendly community i bet mycotopia would grow right with the "boom" of booms. But i could also have no idea what im talking about lol.

#17 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2020 - 08:31 AM

Welcome to Topia.. I assure you we will not be moving to fb.. just suggesting that we advertise there

#18 samundson

samundson

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:10 PM

Hello, I am a new member, but have not received an email.  Somewhere this site mentions the email is from a 3rd party; what search term can I use to find it?  This is more important for a friend of mine that cannot post at all and has not received an email either after weeks of trying.

#19 samundson

samundson

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 01:10 AM

I posted previously that my friend has not been able to post at all.  His user name is goldendaze.  When I tried to message him, it said that he is "validating".  I'd appreciate it if you can look into this.

#20 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2020 - 11:15 AM

To become a Free Member you must first make three posts which are directly approved by a moderator. Once these posts are approved you are free to move about the site and post or private message as you like - so long as you are messaging other Free Members who have been approved.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!