7 replies to this topic

#1 Rhyno

Rhyno

1%

• OG VIP
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:20 PM

Topia,

I hope this post finds you well, healthy, safe and secure and most importantly cognisant to the importance of making an extra effort EVERY DAY to love up your family and your tribes.  Crazy times.  Ran this mystery gifted clone with a better understanding as to how to manage my cabinet and she's almost done.  One more light cycle, 72 hour nap and I'm chopping.  I'll chime back in after cure and share data.  Stay safe out there!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00001.JPG
  • DSC00023.JPG
  • DSC00012.JPG
  • DSC00009.JPG
  • DSC00021.JPG

• Coopdog, TheObserver, Baphom3t and 2 others like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:56 AM

That is exceptionally well done brother. That reminds me of my old Butterscotch Hawaiian x G13 Hashplant that I grew and worked with for so many years. Time flies eh? Wow...

• kcmoxtractor, Rhyno and TheObserver like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 11:02 AM

Have you tried longer dark periods and stopping the watering?

• TheObserver likes this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

Have you tried longer dark periods and stopping the watering?

I have lengthened my dark periods as I reached the end of the flowering cycle before cutting the light entirely for a period of time prior to harvest but what is the benefit from no longer watering?? I have always continued watering up until the end with pure water in an effort to flush out any lingering nutrients that had not been fully utilized...

I am curious, I don't think any of my friends cut water entirely...

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:26 PM

Two weeks prior I flush for 7 days, and the last week is total darkness and no water. Pushes resin production.

• TheObserver, Skywatcher, joeya and 1 other like this

#6 Rhyno

Rhyno

1%

• OG VIP
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 11:59 PM

So this one will be without water for 4 days at cutting, Last watering was only a half watering and the second to last watering was a drenching containing a measured amount of BS molasses. Two weeks prior I cut all nutes and flushed per sop. Been shaving an hour of light here and there for over a week. Should be down to 9 hour hours tonight when the lights cease.  

Coop, Brotherman I wish SOOOOO much I had that glorious strain you spoke of but I'm afraid around these parts the chances of someone around me actually knowing what that is or seeking it out on the outerduh is slim. Maybe one day I will be blessed again with that Superior cannabis specimen again!??!! On the flip side this was an exceptionally fun grow considering the state of the union and all the fun happening here in Derbyville. I lucked into a just rooting clone of a plant that had been outside and was devoured by an animal of some type. It fell into my lap at a time when I wasn't really looking to get anything started and felt kinda lazy so I made the jump over to soil. Much was learned on this one as I had no reference to what I should expect along the way. Just listened to her and gave her some love and had a smooth go of it with no issues. Zen

One, I'm gonna sleep on your suggestion and I may give her a couple more days napping in the dark prior to her quick and humane murder...  

Edited by Rhyno, 29 August 2020 - 12:01 AM.

• TheObserver likes this

#7 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,317 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:17 PM

Beautiful Rhyno,
The picture from the low vantage point looks like it has many stalks. Is that what you would consider bonsai? What is the strain? Indica or hybrid? I'll have to do that with my ladies when they're ready to chop, usually just do 48 hrs of darkness.
Great job man.
  • Rhyno likes this

#8 Rhyno

Rhyno

1%

• OG VIP
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:17 PM

Beautiful Rhyno,
The picture from the low vantage point looks like it has many stalks. Is that what you would consider bonsai? What is the strain? Indica or hybrid? I'll have to do that with my ladies when they're ready to chop, usually just do 48 hrs of darkness.
Great job man.

Thank you!

This plant was gifted to me so I do not know what strain it was exactly.  This was an exercise in listening to the plant and making adjustments as it moved along as I had no reference to go by, i.e. other people's write ups on a certain strain.  As far as the bonsai question I don't really consider this to be a bonsai.  I look at it more in the light of my growspace is small compared to most so I work at maximizing the plant's mass during veg and making sure that I leave the plant enough room to blow up when flipped to flower. If you look at the last grow I posted (https://mycotopia.ne...ing-up-another/) that was a known strain, Sour Diesel, and I scrogg'd that one using 2"x2" vinyl coated fencing.  I consider growing like this to be more bonsai that this plant shown in this thread.  For me and my small grow space scrogging is where it's at.  I think that I harvested just a bit over 5oz. on this grow and scrogging the sour diesel in the same growspace produce a bit over 9oz.  YMMV but I recommend giving scrogging a look.  Peace and thanks again. -R

Edited by Rhyno, 11 March 2021 - 12:21 PM.

• TheObserver likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!