3 replies to this topic

#1 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:06 AM

Good Morning:  Fellow Mycotopians

I am cleaning up my back yard after someone in the past  "not me" dumped 1 ton of  landscaping  stones and shards in it. 

First I had to remove the sod and topsoil 'which I saved"  and then unearth the 30 year old treasure of stones. 

I have cleaned up the majority of the Large ones.   Some nice round ones and a bunch of pretty colors .  Sound like a Geologist  yet?    I don't want to use

a bunch of  degree touting terms.   I am trying to clean the very distinct ones.  I have washed and rinsed and separated the choice ones.

I am going to use  epsom salt and water to soak them for a week that should dissolve any remaining embedded dirt or other questionable remnants.

I am planting a defined garden on another side of the yard and going to put a moon dome or bio canopy over it so it is obscured.

Professional Tip  "Rock tumbling and polishing is a very expensive and time consuming  hobby. 

JL

• Skywatcher and makinbones69 like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,608 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:45 AM

Welcome JustinLokey !

You will find other geologists here. I personally have more rock material around here than I could easily move in a truck.....

I am pretty good with identification, and am also pretty well versed in the metaphysical properties...

Post some pictures, I would like to see......................................

• makinbones69 likes this

#3 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,566 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:27 AM

Welcome to topia! Yes we would love to see pics if possible.

#4 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:08 AM

Hi and good morning .

I am sorting the  interesting ones from the   odd dukes mixer of  gravel, concrete remnants and pebbles.   I  am going to wash the nice looking ones and lay them out.

I will post them when I figure out how to attach upload and or have permission to share.   I am planning a trip to the east coast beach area to walk and look for agates

and  "Treasure"   hehe  Yep there may be treasure on the beach.   

JL

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!