• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 05:26 AM

My new name is 178.   I started with a name of  225 back in 2004, and I was miserable.  I would stop

everyday on the way to work and eat at BurgerKingCalories  or McDonaldsCalories and then at lunch have a Ben and Jerrys 1/2 pint of Chocolate Fudge Icecream.  I couldn't get any heavier than 225,  not because I didn't try.   I am 5'7" and  wishy washy when it comes to a good solid diet.

Lately I have been working in my Rock Garden and doing some walking and low impact stomach toning.    I have had  Cancer and survived.  I had by gallbladder taken out 1 year before the Cancer diagnose.     I was not healthy.  I am paranoid by default and "have seen doctors"  

I just dropped to 178 and I have high energy and good attitude and alot of projects  going on.

My diet these days consist of mostly  low carb/sugar    High Protein Meat/ Powdered Protein Shakes and I treat myself to a craving food occasionaly.    My low balance target is  169,  I will be very pleased if I can maintain that name for the rest of my life.   Any name lower than 169  I can bulk up with muscle and stamina.

Life is good when you are healthy.   Life is NOT over , until you give up. 

JL

• Arathu, p2p and ElPirana like this

#2 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:38 AM

Still   working at it.     Just keep your hands out of the  prepackaged  isle, and  stay in the  cook it yourself  Isle.

JL

Edited by JustinLokey, 03 September 2020 - 03:38 AM.

• Arathu and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#3 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:54 AM

Glad to hear you’re able to maintain a healthier lifestyle. It’s kinda crazy how much of a hold those bad foods can have on a person. I’ve cleaned up my eating habits quite a lot, but still find that I eat sweets fairly often.
  • JustinLokey likes this

#4 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:00 AM

i am on mostly  protein and vegetables only   I do like my beans and pasta.  Easy to cook and very versatile.   I air fried a piece of chicken last week and almost had a Fried Chicken Eating orgasm . 

Peace.

JL

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,215 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:15 AM

I treat myself to a craving food occasionaly.

I'm "trying" to convince my brain washed mind and system that "SWEET" and sugar ARE NOT treats......in fact they are, or at least contain, the worst addiction I know of.....

I'm horrible for eating that crap and definitely should not be doing so.......

For the record......Arthritis blows...........

Congratulations on that change you've made....GOOD STUFF.......perhaps ditch the idea that junk foods are "treats" and especially that you "deserve" them.........

Kinda like people telling themselves that they "deserve" a cigarette.........I ask myself "what does that really say?" 

Unless Karma say's otherwise....you deserve to be happy, healthy, and loved........

Personally I hover around 180 +/- 10 lbs.....especially with my mobility reduced now and can't walk or carry loads without serious pain (arthritis in the spine but so far I'm sucking up the pain and living anyway)

I'm sure medications, for me that is, are coming next and I don't like the idea one bit.......

Be well friend.....

A

• rockyfungus and JustinLokey like this

#6 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

Arathu.

I have had Cancer Surgery in 2016 and  Gallbladder removed in 2015 just 9 months before the cancer diagnosis.    I know the pain, but I have  all the time in the world to make it better.

Retired last year  and have nothing but projects and healthy living to do.

JL

• Arathu likes this

#7 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:14 PM

Today  I had a new revelation  I don't know the meaning of portion size for food.   I have been  "before retirement"   'Not eating , Not eating, Not eating then  Eating  3 fucking meals in one sitting.  I wonder why i was having trouble with my digestion and crazy ass weight fluctuations?

I recently discovered   "Mouth Full Technology"   Just put food in your mouth and chew it forty times or turn it to paste or liquid before you swallow it down your hole.  This makes it taste much better and if you can keep it up, you will be very happy.   I do not understand how or  why these Competition eaters  ,who set records and totally undermine their stomach and digestive engine for cash and fame live very long.

that is my Rant for the day.

JL

• Arathu likes this

#8 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

I treat myself to a craving food occasionaly.

I'm "trying" to convince my brain washed mind and system that "SWEET" and sugar ARE NOT treats......in fact they are, or at least contain, the worst addiction I know of.....

I'm horrible for eating that crap and definitely should not be doing so.......

A

Sugar is the most widely accepted addiction I bet in the world. In the past 5 years or so I have eliminated sugary drinks from my diet and switched over to sparkling waters. When your tastebuds are so addicted to sugar people say sparkling waters have no flavor. After a year of no soda/juice, etc, these sparkling waters are all I need for a sweet craving. I once tried a sparkling water with 5g of sugar and swore it was a mountain dew.

I used to be a coke fiend (coca-cola), that shit tastes like disgusting thick syrup. Amazing how tastebuds change when you eliminate all the shit that is added to the American Diet. Even food dyes if you eliminate them you will notice a taste/change in the way you feel. I thought all this food shit was blown out of proportion.

Proper diet/exercise can fight a lot of the blues people feel. I still have my depression, but when I eat wrong or get too lazy, that depression is gonna flare up.

Eat well, find an enjoyable way to move your body and you will be surprised how well you feel physically and mentally.

Best of luck on your new goals!

• Arathu and JustinLokey like this

#9 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:18 PM

Speaking of chemicals .   Anyone of you practicing chemists, know how long it takes for powdered B6 or B12  supplement to get to

your blood as useful?  I was feeling a little low energy and down, so i took about 50 mg of powdered supplement  b6 and b12 with a

Seltzer.  About 30 minutes later I was up and atom again.   i didn't think supplements got absorbed that quickly.  Who da thunk.

#10 JustinLokey

JustinLokey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:55 AM

Lets see    I think , therefore   I am.     You feel great,  your  world is also great.    You feel like  death is eminent, then your world is the same.

When I say Your world,  I mean  your little bubble that  defines your personal space and perception of  reality,  NOT everyone else's Reality.

You heard it here first.

https://imgur.com/uHpn9mO

Edited by JustinLokey, 23 September 2020 - 07:04 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!