Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

B+ don't look right, its like all the caps(that won't open), major discoloration ... cap rot?!? Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Redrock35

Redrock35

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:41 AM

I received a B+ 10 mg spore syringe from a reputable online business, but I'm a bit confused. These have dimples and a strange colored cap early on and getting darker with some darker speckles developing, and it's all of them, not just a few. So far no cap has opened.. Has anyone seen this discoloration, and are they truly B+?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200831_061513.jpg
  • 20200830_222830.jpg
  • 20200830_222853.jpg

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:06 AM

Sorry to say my friend, but those have a case of Verticiium or possibly worse, Mycogone. Who knows what strain they might be with those mutations going on, I would have guessed PE. If it were me I would put the tub and all on the porch outside and hold back some of the misting. Dry Bubble and Wet Bubble are as bad as having a bad gnat infestation as in they will haunt you on future grows if given the chance to spread.

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 September 2020 - 05:02 AM.

• Arathu likes this

#3 Redrock35

Redrock35

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:33 AM

Thank you for the heads up. my understanding is that the spores are light and transfer easily, should I do a scorched earth like cleanout of my grow tent to be sure it is gone for good? Or will a good 70% alcohol wipe down work?  You're right, those do look PE Uncut, so I may have been waiting too long for the cap to open in that humidity dome. Im going to add more holes lower down to vent better and leave to fan going for another minute each session to pull more moisture away from the mycelium, caps and stems. Thanks again, good save.

Sorry to say my friend, but those have a case of Verticiium or possibly worse, Mycogone. Who knows what stain they might be with those mutations going on, I would have guessed PE. If it were me I would put the tub and all on the porch outside and hold back some of the misting. Dry Bubble and Wet Bubble are as bad as having a bad gnat infestation as in they will haunt you on future grows if given the chance to spread.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!