• 1,300 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:11 PM

An update,
I've been having good luck with:

24oz Brown rice
8oz Pearled barley
500ml water

You can dump them in a bag and PC them 2 hrs @ 15psi.

Some things I've learned:

-Soaking overnight does make for better/even hydration. It doesn't seem to matter in the long run but maybe? Sometimes I fill the bag at night and don't want to stay up while it cooks. Just wake up and start the PC along w/some coffee.

-If you are going to fill the bag and PC, then try to flatten the bag of rice instead of rolling it.

-Make sure your grains have room to expand, I think they at least double in size, they will burst your bags.

-After you inoculate and seal your bags, take your time to thoroughly break up and mix your grains. Not only will this distribute inoculant but mix the drier grains with the very moist.

So far, I've used this with different psilicybe, Lion's Mane and now, Cordyceps militaris.

To the recipe above, I added 6Tbsp powdered chicken feed and 10ml more water, no overnight soak. The cordy ate 2 pounds of sub in 6 days!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210430_102232-1.jpg

#22 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:59 AM

For cordys, I use much more water with my rice. I make a 4% lme broth, and do 1 part rice to 2 broth, then PC for 90. Have you managed to make your cordys fruit with your recipe?

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#23 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,300 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:49 AM

Unfortunately I received my cordy genetics in late Spring and had to laugh when I read the temp recommendation. "Never above 70F", some nights I don't drop below 70F. The subs eventually contaminated outside, especially when the overhead sprinklers flooded them. I'll try again come fall.

#24 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:53 PM

Unfortunately I received my cordy genetics in late Spring and had to laugh when I read the temp recommendation. "Never above 70F", some nights I don't drop below 70F. The subs eventually contaminated outside, especially when the overhead sprinklers flooded them. I'll try again come fall.

I keep my jar of LC in the veggie crisper... I think the mycellium will survive temps above 70, but it will not fruit.

#25 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,300 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:55 PM

The mycelium did survive at least a couple of months worth of heat and might have continued until the Fall. Unfortunately some things were moved around and the overhead sprinklers started watering my subs that were in bags with the tops cut off. I'm not sure how long they soaked before I think pink mold got them?

Here are a few bags that are ready for testing, L-R:
Australian zapotecorum (3/4), Ps. Papuana(3/2), Semperviva(3/10) and a fresh bag of Pan cinctulus(6/27), hopefully I'll get some "blue pearls".

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210705_142444-1.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!