4 replies to this topic

#1 UnHeisenbug

UnHeisenbug

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

Hey folks,

I'm going to be having a rolling mushroom photo thread, if that's alright.

I just see so much when it is season here and I'll post the interesting ones. ID help is welcome and appreciated!

20200820_194557.jpg

This is cool

20200820_194627.jpg

Underside. ID anyone?

20200820_194921.jpg

Ganoderma Lucidum maybe?

20200830_142203.jpg

Dog vomit slime?

20200830_145851.jpg

20200830_145918.jpg

This is curiosity

20200830_150025.jpg

Underside

20200817_200903.jpg

Chillin with the chili

• onediadem, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#2 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 625 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

Great pics! Can’t wait to see what else you might find. Can’t help much on ID, I’ve only just started trying to ID this year but so much to learn!
  • UnHeisenbug likes this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

Picture three looks like a couple of Reishi growing along with some other shelf mushroom......all three are very likely medicinal.....

Check for a local field guide on your polypores......if you're into such things....

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.....

A

• UnHeisenbug likes this

#4 UnHeisenbug

UnHeisenbug

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

Picture three looks like a couple of Reishi growing along with some other shelf mushroom......all three are very likely medicinal.....

Check for a local field guide on your polypores......if you're into such things....

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.....

A

Yes, this my local medicine tree that is a polyculture of polypores. I believe their are at-least three species on it.  The other one in the picture is one of the more common Ganoderma australe or applanatum. Although their are 6 different species recorded here. Besides the lacquer color the yellow between the white and the brown is a way to distinguish between the other Ganoderma species, right?

#5 UnHeisenbug

UnHeisenbug

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:08 AM

Alright, I've finally got around to this. I went on a bit of a staycation and did some mushroom photography. My pictures are not the greatest, so apologies. There is a local abundance of Amanitas, Russulas, and Boletus.

First the Boletus. I'm not sure the type, but I know that if I picked all the Boletus I saw I would be cooking them up for a month straight
Boletus.jpg Boletus3.jpg BoletusMoneyShot.jpg

These mostly come from a forest of Beech, Pine, and Poplar. The Russulas are symbiotic with the Beech trees as I understand. The red ones I think are likely to be "The Sickener", but you can only be certain by a brief taste test (I did not taste). There is a wide variety of colors of Russulas. The gills tend to break and rub off in a certain pattern, so after you've seen a few it's easy to pick them out. Hence the name Brittlegills

young_russula1.jpg Russula_gills.jpg Russula.jpg

russula_burgany.jpg brokenRussula.jpg

I saw quite a few Aminita Muscarias. Also I found this which, to me, looks like an Aminita that could kill me

scary_aminita.jpg scary_aminita2.jpg

I don't know what these are, but they were hanging out in a green belt

Unknown.jpg Unknown2.jpg

Whatever this is, it is beautiful. I feel lucky to have found it. Near a river feeding into the sea on a mossy tree branch.

rare.jpg

Now, maybe my crowning achievement. I have identified my first Psilocybe semilanceata:

lib.jpg theseOnesMakeYouSeeThroughSpaceAndTime.jpg endOfThisWorld.jpg

Here are some usual suspect I found around the lib. I would guess one is a egghead mottlegill and the other is a young shaggy mane.

eggHeadMottleGill.jpg youngShaggy.jpg

That's all for now. Stay safe out there, everyone!

Edited by UnHeisenbug, 17 October 2020 - 05:10 AM.

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!