• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:06 AM

Anyone making saw dust spawn and innoculating it with a palm innoculation tool and wax seal the same way you do shitake, herecium ganoderma oysters? Why shoud this be any different it will fruit when it is time that way.

Edited by groo, 02 January 2021 - 01:10 AM.

#82 newmoon

newmoon

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

I don't think anyone here is doing logs outdoors, but why not - feel free to join in and do it!

Just cased a couple colonized quart jars of G. dilepis and put them in the FC - going to see if these will fruit bottle culture style...

• Jrotten likes this

#83 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:50 PM

I will see If I can find some spores not sold out I found some gyms last year but I was not set up like I am now.

#84 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

I’ve decided to use paper pellets, fine chopped straw and fine oak saw dust as a layer over the egg carton if it seems right structurally. I’m torn about hydrating with dilute coffee from spent grounds or not. Thinking just a bucket tek fype pasteurization with boiling water. I think I might pull out the egg carton, add boiled verm to the bottom of the tub, and then place it where it can be 50-60 degrees and get something like fresh air.

#85 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:53 AM

Damn gym lute is like 100% germination rate on agar in 2 days. Beautiful. Still have gym purpuratus in a bag creeping. I’ll get there some day
  • Jrotten likes this

#86 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:47 PM

I liked the idea above and it was $4/bale for paper pellets and the same for aspen chips. I'm pasteurizing now. I'll be adding to the egg carton in a bit. The egg carton is already in a shoebox tote so that will just fruit from there if I get that far.

EDIT: here is the egg carton before and after the paper/wood was added. No supplements. There was the tiniest hint of green in on of the corners that never colonized well, I just put it to the back of the air flow, tore it off, chunked it, and added the wood/paper mix. The egg carton had certainly taken off, hopefully jumps to the new layer and runs fast. New layer is 1-2 inches deep.

Attached Thumbnails

• BD5DABAC-7D26-43D6-94CE-01D54608B7BC.jpeg
  • F0084859-61D5-431D-8DB2-B84008AF7424.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 04 January 2021 - 11:20 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#87 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

has  this  post Allen Rocafeler post been linked her yet ?

New paper on the Gymnopilus junonius group answers many questions!

https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1451175

interesting ..

Bez

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!