• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:36 AM

Tonight 1g dried of Semperviva floored me. I don’t think any dose of cubes ever has matched this.

In my limited experience with pans, they were the closest, but still nothing near.

So for those with personal experience, I’m really curious what your experiences have been with different species and anything you found relevant such as personality or presence of the species. For focus I really don’t think cubensis and the plethora of renamed varieties really need discussion except as reference if you feel the need.

Tonight my eyes were opened.... and the world melted for 6 hours anyway! LOL
  • Arathu, peacefrog, clumsy and 3 others like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 622 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:11 AM

Dude that sounds so wild for the potency! Sitting back for a what I think will be a great conversation.

• Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#3 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,358 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:12 AM

Pound for pound or in this case gram for gram vivas kicked my butt more than anything I have ever experienced. Even stronger than copes/pans to me, and I have had a few pan trips in my days.

That being said, I have never had the pleasure of experiencing a wood loving species, but BY FAR stronger than cubes. That I can promise you.
  • whitethumb, PJammer24, Jrotten and 1 other like this

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 999 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

Only had pan/cyan and cubes.
Pans hands down wayy stronger.

Want to grow some wood lovers, however idk if my climate is ideal.
  • peacefrog, Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#5 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

Supposedly Azurens tops the list, though I'd be curious to hear people's favorites. The whole "temporary paralysis" with azurens seems a bit off putting to me. So far, still only cubes for me, I do have a couple doses of Tamp, Semp and NEC-D at the ready, just need time. For deep dives, I prefer to be in the forest near flowing water, not the easiest to accomplish with my current responsibilities.
  • Arathu likes this

#6 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,358 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:45 AM

I tried my hand at Azures a few times and documenting a couple of attempts on this site, but my climate or my skills could never get them to fruit. I really wish I could try them personally.

But I ingested 1 dried gram of my cloned viva culture, and WOW! The hardest 1 gram trip I have had to date and I have been doing this for a while. Full on morphing of objects etc. Really an intense experience. Pans, for me are just as powerful, but more kind and gentle. More laid back if that make sense.

I have had some intense trips over the years with cubes, pans etc, but I have NEVER had that kind of intensity off of 1 gram from anything before. But that’s just me. We all will have and experience different reactions to these compounds, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I only speak about my experience.

Edited by peacefrog, 05 September 2020 - 11:48 AM.

• Arathu, Jrotten, Boebs and 2 others like this

#7 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 571 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:13 PM

IME Psilocybe cyanescens is more potent than semperviva, but for me always delivers an absolutely horrible headache the next day, not unlike a bad alcohol hangover. Wood lovers are in a different class altogether. I don’t particularly like them, due to the aforementioned hangover, and I also find the intensity of the visions to be distracting. I’ll take a good cube over wood lovers any day, but semperviva and mexicana/tampanensis are where it’s at for me.

Edited by DonShadow, 05 September 2020 - 01:15 PM.

• peacefrog, Moonless, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#8 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

I tried my hand at Azures a few times and documenting a couple of attempts on this site, but my climate or my skills could never get them to fruit. I really wish I could try them personally.
But I ingested 1 dried gram of my cloned viva culture, and WOW! The hardest 1 gram trip I have had to date and I have been doing this for a while. Full on morphing of objects etc. Really an intense experience. Pans, for me are just as powerful, but more kind and gentle. More laid back if that make sense.
I have had some intense trips over the years with cubes, pans etc, but I have NEVER had that kind of intensity off of 1 gram from anything before. But that’s just me. We all will have and experience different reactions to these compounds, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I only speak about my experience.

That’s sort of what I was getting at. Not to exaggerate, but cubes and Semperviva don’t even seem like the same active compounds honestly.
  • whitethumb, peacefrog, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#9 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:42 PM

i'm probably the least experienced tripper here, although i did try semperviva once. i remember it being strong af for only taking 1 gram and it lasted so long, i had to call in at work the next day cause i couldn't get any sleep, but i digress.
  • peacefrog, Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#10 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,358 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

I get ya.

Vivas are very special for sure, at least to me anyway. I have not tried them since that last dose, but still I have great memories and a well kept culture slant of my clone in the refrigerator ready to go.

They are an awesome species for sure and one I would recommend to all to try. Just use caution lol.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#11 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:18 PM

Just took three capsules of a blend of jalisco mexicana fruit, pan bisporus And pan cyan. Bout .75g think it may be my new favorite
  • whitethumb, peacefrog and YoshiTrainer like this

#12 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,358 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:21 PM

Happy journey my friend!
  • whitethumb likes this

#13 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:35 PM

i without love to hear your trip report celestial! sounds like an amazing ride
  • peacefrog likes this

#14 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:37 AM

IME Psilocybe cyanescens is more potent than semperviva, but for me always delivers an absolutely horrible headache the next day, not unlike a bad alcohol hangover. Wood lovers are in a different class altogether. I don’t particularly like them, due to the aforementioned hangover, and I also find the intensity of the visions to be distracting. I’ll take a good cube over wood lovers any day, but semperviva and mexicana/tampanensis are where it’s at for me.

Interesting that you experience this. I forage a lot of Psilocybe cyanescens every year and since I've started taking them I far prefer them over cubes (haven't been fortunate enough to try pans or others yet). I find them to be extremely visual and happy mushrooms. Have been making a lime soak tea every time I've taken them and it's a pretty wild ride . Have settled on a happy medium of 2.5g but 1.5 certainly hits pretty hard. I don't find I get any sort of hangover or headache afterwards and with the tea it seems as though the trip lasts for 4ish hours and then quite suddenly you're back to normal and just need a few hours to decompress and reflect on the awesomeness that you've just experienced..

• Arathu, Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#15 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

Trip report: capsules of bisporus, pan cyan and mexicana Jalisco fruits and am camping this weekend. I have to say I think this has been the best mix I’ve made yet. Feels very meditative, very little body buzz and almost like mdma. But I am on adderall everyday as well. Made .25g pills and three do me just fine. Initial onset is strong and you don’t even really notice what’s going on until your staring at the leaves as they start to breathe. Watching trees grow before your eyes and you can see the wind like waves on the ocean. The sun giving off shades of purple and yellow and pure pale blue of the sky you can almost taste it. Blades of grass chattering to each other while strange shapeshifting figures move in and out of your dimension. And then you start to move in and out of your dimension into there’s and you realize it was always there you just couldn’t feel it.

Edited by Celestialexplorer1, 07 September 2020 - 10:31 AM.

• Arathu, Jrotten, clumsy and 1 other like this

#16 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,300 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:37 PM

Yep and more....

g for g.....Azures by far....absolutely paralyzing IME.....then again P. cyanescens .....yowza! And ovoids will rock your ass too.....(been put ON THE GROUND by all three)

There ain't enough time to essay the spectrum for solid comparison.....you could finish out your time playing with woodlovers alone....

You young guys/gals need to move to a place where you can open a resort for psychonauts and apply for grants to study such things.....

Cubes are not the be-all-do-all and woodies are not either, nor are the pans, or any other for that matter......for each there will be a preference...

All have their own spirit......

A

Edited by Arathu, 07 September 2020 - 06:38 PM.

• Jrotten, DonShadow, Nicked and 2 others like this

#17 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:50 PM

Word/\

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!