29 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:09 PM

Depressed is the best way to describe it but still moving for us here......

A

• Myc and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#22 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:49 PM

Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger here. But we're last in line to experience hardship and last in line to recovery.
We just were getting out of the last disaster - ala 2008 (referring to the banking collapse and subsequent bail-out).

Buckle-up camper. Humanity is about to get to find out what it's made of........

Edited by Myc, 24 September 2020 - 07:50 PM.

• Arathu and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#23 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:00 AM

The cold beauty of destruction is a continual rebirth as evidenced around us, IF we pay attention and grasp that our attachments are as temporary as our ego's.......

This requires NO CROSS CHECKING with the "Ministry of Approved Reliability" and cares not what our feelings turn out to be.....

The authority to which I answer is not of this mess nor is it responsible for it......we are watching and navigating....ministries be damned! 

There are jobs out the wazoo here and most of them pay shit wages......the "plan" is obviously dark......workers ARE NOT coming back to work......

I intend to continue on as a painful THORN..........and to thrive regardless of the mindless purple pendulum of despair and doom...........

Spring always returns.....  

... :meditate:...

A

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#24 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:06 AM

Adam Savage used a phrase that I have adopted for many other reasons

"I reject your reality and substitute my own".

That is all...
  • Arathu likes this

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,502 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

Adam Savage used a phrase that I have adopted for many other reasons

"I reject your reality and substitute my own".

That is all...

There's a lot of that going on these days, lol. And there's something to it...

zpowertruth.jpg

• Arathu and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#26 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,192 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

I find it interesting that we digitally printed & handed over 3.5 trillion dollars to the richest billionaires who dont need it & meanwhile, almost the same amount has been estimated lost by the working class, worldwide due to this pandemic.  I guess thats what they mean by upward transfer of wealth.    

https://news.abs-cbn...id-pandemic-unĀ 

Makes me want to take my cut by force too.  How long will we stand by watching this?  It isnt the police, it isnt racism, it isnt structural reform we need.  Its a mature sense of self responsibility that would allow a cooperative community to function without a corrupt government false flagging us, robbing us, and torturing us in exchange for 'their protection.'  Im pretty sure we can work out getting the bridges and roads repaired without selling our souls, and those of our children.  Got damn oligarchs wrecked the fucking world.  

Edited by riseabovethought, 25 September 2020 - 12:40 PM.

• Myc, Arathu, GORF and 1 other like this

#27 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like yeah.......what he said! I agree rise.......

A

#28 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

I agree
It is not the police
(But I grant, the bad apples in that profession are potentially more problematic due to the large amount of discretion society has allowed in the application of law enforcement)

They are just working class people like most everyone of us.

#29 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,818 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:25 PM

I was reading an article talking about how Guyana has done better with covid response that many of the western countries. The media has been telling us that Africa was sure to be hit hardest due to poverty and a racist assumption that they don't know how to govern. Guyana has roughly the same population as where I live and was able to compare the numbers. I thought we were doing well with a low death rate but they were less than half of that number.  It makes me wonder what exactly is the differences in why certain area's were effected more. The media seems to just want to play the blame game on some figure heads but it has to be more to it than that.  One response in that article was the fact that Guyana was more readily prepared due to fighting pandemics of the past decade.

In the region we are roughly around 4 millions people with current numbers of

1,500 active cases, 56 current hospitalizations, 14 in icu, and 261 deaths. The average age of covid related death being 83.

In my immediate area it's around three active cases,  and the second death was just reported in the paper this weekend. So it really does seem like a problem a world away for us when it comes to the virus. We still have all the policy and political bs that comes with it though

A couple guys from work have been getting their kids sent home for blowing their noses or having the sniffles. If you are properly following guidelines that household is now expected to quarantine until test results can prove otherwise. It does seem to be a little aggressive at this point, nobody is following this if their kid does something as simple as blow their nose. The kids get sent home and have to wait for test results, while the parents go out and try to make a living. So the Canadian government is trying to pass legislation that one can claim something like 1000 dollars over a 10 day period to cover the cost of isolation. Hopefully people don't abuse it too much

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 28 September 2020 - 01:27 PM.

#30 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:52 PM

Think Malaria

They've been using Hydroxychloroquine for decades. Popping em like tic tacs.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!