13 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

Im gonna start by saying that I have never been afraid of a bug before.. even asshole wasps I will hunt down and kill! But tonight I came face to face with a praying mantis! Now I have seen them before outside here and there but this little fucker was on my nightstand right in front of me! I first noticed him when he was on my bowl but I grabbed my phone too late to get that shot so this is the first shot I got...

20200913_193436.jpg

Then it got my min pin rosie's attention who has been chasing and eating grasshoppers lately but when she got close he climbed onto this red jewelry box and turned and started mean mugging us and acting like he was gonna jump on me! Then rosie didn't want anything to do with it! Was hoping she would catch it and eat it but oh no she said fuck that you're on your own mom and hide beside me!

20200913_205948.jpg

Again you guys know I ain't no sissy bitch but I jumped back further on my bed and told my friend who was sitting beside me that if it jumps on me im gonna scream like a little bitch for the first time in my life! And not to tell anyone if I do.. lol.. I was not only scared by this little fucker I was intimidated! Never had a bug literally mug on me like he was challenging me to fight it! I made my friend get it when it climbed on my hand sanitizer bottle because I didn't want it kicking my ass when I was sleeping.. lol

20200913_210034.jpg

Now I got a damn cricket in my kitchen I might have to hunt down and kill before the nights over! Damn bugs!
  • Arathu, Skywatcher, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#2 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:30 PM

Good timing for the cricket, the mantis would have made short work of it had it not shown itself to early

:)

#3 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:32 PM

Yea fuck that cricket! He was about to make short work outta me! Lol

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:49 PM

A Preying Mantis is one of the most powerfully symbolic insects you could encounter.

A very positive spirit guide..............for any who are curious about such things.......

For future reference, they do not bite or harm you. I pick them up on my hand and move them to a better place when I find one indoors. They visit me fairly often in the warm months.

• onediadem, Coopdog, Arathu and 3 others like this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,215 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:34 AM

Mantis and Dragon Fly's both......very powerful (as you have directly experienced) and it has NOTHING to do with the bodies we are currently driving around.....

My next tattoo's in fact.......

Excellent, all he wanted was a puff or two.....

• Coopdog, Mrs.Hippie3 and Oam like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,890 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:00 AM

Yep the guys beat me to it, I was going to say that is what my Lakota friend would have called "Big Medicine". Very cool. I used to play with them when I was a kid, and then when I was about 9 or 10 and thought I knew a thing or two, one suddenly took flight from the porch railing to my chest and I nearly died lol. I had no idea they had wings nor that they could fly lol. Like you said I was doing my Hung Kung Fooie impression lol. You don't find them out here where I live now very often, but back in Ohio they were fairly common. Imagine my moms surprise when the cocoon I had in my dresser drawer opened and thousands of them came out lol. 

Glad you did not kill it! They can indeed be intimidating and have a strange sort of cognizance that is undeniable. Cool that it was on your bowl lol

• Arathu and Mrs.Hippie3 like this

#7 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

Spiritual?! Sure didn't look very spiritual mean mugging on me! Lol
  • Arathu and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#8 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

Im about done with bugs and snakes and other creepy crawlies! Was cooking yesterday when I opened my silverware drawer and stuck my hand in to get a spoon without looking and felt something smooth that was moving! Never moved my hand so fast! Jumped back and waited for the little snake to move off my silverware! I will never stick my hand in a drawer again without looking first! Lol
  • Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#9 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:53 AM

Well,

You wouldn't listen to Mr. Mantis, apparently another emissary was needed. Do they have your attention yet? (LOL)

#10 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:18 PM

Lol no I'm sure they are not done scaring the hell outta me! I don't mind snakes since they eat mice but I do mind if they are in my drawers! Lol
  • Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,732 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

Reminds me of one time when I leaned in behind the television stand to adjust the old coax cable and jumped when one of the cables moved. Harmless little snake but it seeded this little split second thought in my head. From then on I would feel that spidey sense danger tingle when reaching behind that tv

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 22 September 2020 - 06:36 PM.

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,777 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

Lol no I'm sure they are not done scaring the hell outta me! I don't mind snakes since they eat mice but I do mind if they are in my drawers! Lol

Funny you mention it Ma, I've got a snake in my drawers, too....      :ohmy:  :rolleyes:  :blush:

(EDIT: I forgot the drum roll :)

[Direct Link]

Edited by Juthro, 22 September 2020 - 09:04 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#13 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:27 PM

Haha! You need to keep it in your drawers too! Lol

#14 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee