#21 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 780 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:56 AM

Stay tuned to find out if funnyfarmers hypothesis is proved or disproved.

I think this thread is a good example of how to present an experiment to the community. Nice work.
  • DarkPassenger likes this

#22 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:13 PM

<p>Still no activity with the experiment. I've been trying to colonize 3 qts of rye with assorted spores but it was taking forever to do anything, at least 3 if not 4 weeks. So yesterday I decided to try hydrating the grain again on the offbeat chance it wasn't hydrated enough. Let it sit overnight and most of today and the same amount of rye now fills 4 qts. I suspect I may not have hydrated the experiment rye seeing as how it too is slow on the uptake and looking too dry. A check of the experiment showed no activity so I'll start over. Such is the life of a noob experimenting too early in his education. It ain't the first time and certainly won't be the last. If nothing else it keeps me occupied in my retirement years. My first scratch built quadcopter got demolished on the first outing. The last one was a speedster that almost terrified me. Anyway the 4 qts have finished with the PC and I'll inoculate tomorrow.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Anybody have recommendations/suggestions for the qts? I've got Argentina, B+, Ecuador, F+, Orissa India, Golden teacher, Pink buffalo, Penis Envy, Treasure coast, Cambodia, Ban Phang Ka, Mazatapec and Amazon syringes. My preference is shrooms that emphasize creativity, visuals, philosophic, not necessarily in one candidate but lets see, what do I want to explore today... Right now I'm leaning towards GT, Pink buffalo, Penis Envy and Ban Phang Ka. My experience with Ecuador was somewhat disappointing, very low on visuals (eyes closed) and the sparks of pain throughout my body for a period of time. Besides which I've got some going in BRF tek along with B+, Argentina and Orissa India.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I also Blue Juiced 3g each GT and Ecuador. I haven't done them yet, it's only been a couple days since 3g of Ecuador and want to give the body time to assimilate it. And no, don't even suggest doing both at the same time, not ready for that, not yet. I want to shake hands, not get my teeth kicked in to the next universe.</p>

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 01 October 2020 - 12:18 AM.

#23 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:32 PM

I checked the experiment again and noticed activity at the BOTTOM of two of the tubes. The plain jane rye is still stuck at virtually nothing. The rye looks hydrated enough so I'll continue with the experiment.

Changing gears, I wasn't happy with the re-hydratiion of the rye from the qt jars so I pitched it and started over. Did the usual rye prep and that's when I noticed some ruptured grains from the simmer, Rather than start over again I paid the piper and picked out the bad ones. Fortunately it didn't occur to me to down some of the Blue Juice... Anyway got them all sorted out (for the most part) and into the PC.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#24 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:26 PM

You know it's ok to have some burst kernels right?

You dont need to be so knit picky about it lol

I use to do the same thing with the fear that the burst kernels would saturate the rest of the jar with starch. The truth is, if the jar is properly sterilized then they could all be burst grains, it will still colonize.

#25 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:41 PM

You know it's ok to have some burst kernels right?

You dont need to be so knit picky about it lol

I use to do the same thing with the fear that the burst kernels would saturate the rest of the jar with starch. The truth is, if the jar is properly sterilized then they could all be burst grains, it will still colonize.

As I was knit pickin' I had the same thought. I had come across posts that said you risk contams but my thought was the sterilization should take care of that issue. But being a noob I erred on the side of caution. OK, chalk it up to another lesson learned.

Back to my BRF tek project, I purchased a tote and turned it into a shotgun chamber, that'sa lot of drillin'. I got to thinking about a material in the crafts dept at Wally world called plastic canvas. I'm going to try putting a layer first to keep the perlite from dribbling out, then perlite, then another layer on top of that instead of foil under the cakes. I'm hoping it will help with the hydration while keeping the cakes separated from the perlite. I've got 4 cakes pretty much ready for fruiting with 3 more still colonizing.

The experiment continues to show virtually no progress so my waffle mind wants to start over again. I did a visual comparison between the newest effort and the experiment and the grain doesn't look as hydrated.

Finally I got two 2x2x3 grow tents, got them pretty well situated today. One is for colonization and the other for fruiting. Laid them on their sides for better usage. Gotta figure out some kind of ventilation for them yet.

#26 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:54 PM

About a week ago I Blue juiced 3g (dry) of Golden Teacher and decided to taste the golden goodness of it for the first time. I was expecting a concentrated dose of shroom taste but it only had a slight shroomy taste. Half hr goes by, 45 min, hour, hour and a half, two hrs. What a waste of GT. I might have gotten a microdose but I'll never know. I still have a 3g Ecuador BJ to go yet and might do it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers...

#27 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,383 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

Good thing about Golden Teachers is that you don’t see many reports of “Oh Shit! I ate to much and I feel like I’m gonna die.” It such a safe and sane strain for beginners.

#28 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:10 PM

You couldnt have had blue juice if they were dry, psilocybin is actually brown once the tissue is dry when doing a hot water extract (making tea)

3g of gt's should have been more then enough.....did you give the tea bag a good squeeze to get as much of the psilocybin out as possible?

Heres a cup of blue juice I made with gts awhile back, 20200604_105131.jpg

Cheers!

#29 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:12 PM

I should have clarified the amount, the equivalent of 3g dried but it was 30g wet that I started with. I'm starting to get used to dry measures and sometimes forget the true recipe measurements. I used Home Mycology's tek from Youtube after watching The Astro Way's method and wondering why he didn't pulp it in the blender. One of Home Mycology's respondents suggested freezing them first to rupture the cell walls to expedite the extraction. That's the only thing I forgot to do but I don't think that's the only thing that went sideways.

It's not the same variety, Ecuador, but it started out as the same amount. As you can see it's more greenish but smells like mushrooms. I can't see it going bad in a week. The one thing that went differently with this one is I was able to squeeze more of the juice from the pulp, the GT pulp ruptured the filter bag and I didn't take the time to figure out how to get more out of it. I had it figured out with the Ecuador when I juiced it so that may be part of what went wrong. I'll find out tomorrow. When doing an effects comparison between dried and juiced do you remember if there was a difference in potency/effects and the time it took to take effect?

IMG_0002 (Small).JPG

The only thing that disappoints me with the Ecuador is the eye's closed visuals are fleeting at best when compared with an equal amount of B+ which is awesome.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 04 October 2020 - 11:14 PM.

#30 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:34 PM

Not that I recall, I made tea with both dry and wet mushrooms and never noticed a big difference in the time it took to take effect... usually peaked 45 minutes in and that lasted a good 3 to 3.5 hours before the come down.

In terms of potency, 3g's of gt would have me off to see the wizard fresh or dried...

Your extract defiantly looks like it's got psilocybin in it but from dried fruits but regardless that wouldn't make much of a difference. Fresh or dried although I'm sure pjammer will pull out some fancy chart or something that shows psilocin is in higher concentrations in fresh mushrooms bùt I honestly dont notice a difference.

When comparing golden teachers....

B+ was more of a visual high for me then the gt's , and then I tryed the tes with great white monsters and it was much more relaxing layed back groove then both the gt's and b+

Are you on any kind of medication that might interfere with psilocybin?

Edited by FunG, 04 October 2020 - 11:39 PM.

#31 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Both Blue Juices were made with fresh shrooms. I'm thinking about doing the Ecuador blue juice in a little while so I'll see what kind of difference squeezing the pulp will make. Probably a whole lot.

I was on an antidepressant for pain in my thigh (WTF??? you ask) Apparently it has another use. I titrated off it before using shrooms.

Just did the other BJ, we'll see what happens...

#32 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,383 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:09 PM

There is tons of of research both scientific and anecdotal  that SSRI's and tryptamines can contraindicate (and raise the risk of serotonin syndrome) one another. How does the act of measuring how much SSRI/SNRI you have in your system have an effect on how much Blue Juice you consume? Were you trying to see the minimum efficacy that you could get an experience mixing the two? Are you expecting different results with the Equador under the same conditions? In most cases actually squeezing the pulp or doing and doing an actual extraction vs a rinse would prove more effective  for the purpose of getting the alkaloids into your brain without eating the fruits. I'm confused I suppose to what you are after? You looking to find the minimum dose and strain to feel something while taking an antidepressant? Seems like if you want to get high, you could just stop taking the antidepressant if your are only using if for pain and not on a regular basis for mental chemistry balance. Then you might need to ween yourself off then, which could be problematic if not done over time.

Tramadol is often prescribed for pain and is an anti depressant so that is not that uncommon or a WTF??? It is a fast acting "SNRI" slightly different than a SSRI which I can see how someone might confuse them. Especially when in pain, one might look in the medicine cab and see Prozac instead and say "what the heck!" But other than that I would say WTF you taking Zoloft for if your thigh hurts, unless its in your head of course. In which case fast acting SSRI's are far more effective with treating premature ejaculation than pain in most cases.

Edited by coorsmikey, 05 October 2020 - 07:18 PM.

#33 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:01 PM

I quit the anti-depressants at least a month ago cause I understood it's effects when in combination with shrooms. I've already done 1.5g Ecuador, 2.5g Ecuador and 3g dry doses of both Ecuador and B+ with good results according to dose with B+ being my favorite so far.  B+ had good eyes closed visuals and the Ecuador didn't, just a good body/mind high.

This Ecuador BJ seems to be another MD. All I got was a slight headache and mushroom burps. :dry: It has to be something in the prep that failed.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 05 October 2020 - 08:16 PM.

#34 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,383 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:40 PM

Yes, if you don't get the shits from eating whole mush, then save the extracts for when you have an ounce or two to experiment. It's not unheard of for some Hard headed folks (like me) to think that 3gr IS a microdose. I think Elrick has a topic going currently discussing that. You will alway lose a lil something in extracting no matter how evolved the tech is, sometimes you lose the undesirables and other times you lose what you're after.

• Salty117 likes this

#35 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:42 PM

Another report on the "Experiment", it's still going slow and the plain jane rye hasn't budged at all.

Today I birthed 4 of 7 BRF jars (not 7 of 9, she'd be a tough one), so far so good. Of the other 3 the two Ecuadors are not even close in fruiting progress, maybe another week for one and probably another 2 weeks on the other. The remaining one is B+ and probably needs a few more days yet, maybe by the weekend.

My eyes are getting bigger than my growing capability cause already thinking about starting some more BRF jars. Got spores that I haven't tried yet and want to get prints. The hell with the buzz... UH, WHAT AM I THINKING!!! I've got 7 BRF and 4 rye spawns going at the same time and already thinking about more, more, more!!!

My dad has alzheimers (with the related dementia, "she's having an affair, I just know it") and with all that I've read about the potential benefits with it I decided it was time to slip him a 2g "herbal supplement" micky. Don't worry I did all kinds of research with potential drug interactions and everything looked good for a one time experiment. After an hour he seemed much more relaxed and no signs of problems. Two hrs after the dose his wife came home and I hinted at what I had done, we had already discussed the possibility and she was OK with it. She quickly caught on to the hint and gave me a little knowing smile. Later that night I texted her and asked how he was doing. The upshot is she is with the program and has ready made caps for a couple weeks. Then we go from there. My journey into shrooms and their benefits for my dad (and myself) was a big impetus pushing me into them.  I owe Jim Fadiman, Paul Stamets and all the others a big Thank You for their research or search as Jim puts it into these marvelous multidimensional medicines. And it all started when I came across a Youtube video on Microdosing...

With all that being said "I'm off to see the Wizard"... :blink:   This time with the real deal

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 07 October 2020 - 06:24 PM.

#36 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:22 AM

I made a huge mistake on the above post, it should have been a .2g MD for dad. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: (make that a dunce cap)  Apologies if I caused any consternation among everyone here.  Although considering his state of mind he probably wouldn't have noticed any difference.

Update to the experiment, it's still slow going on the colonization. I might try again in the future when I get the motivation.

Yesterday I birthed two more cakes, a B+ and a Ecuador.  No sign yet of pins on the cakes I birthed a few days ago. Patience Padawan, patience... What kind of time variable can I expect before seeing pinning, some say in as little as two days...

#37 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:29 AM

Depending on how long you left the cakes to consolidate in the jar.

Some will give them a week once fully colonized before birthing. If you do that, then as little as 3 days you'll get pins since primadora has usually formed during the consolidation period.

It's a pinning strategy to improve the pinset by leaving them in the jars in a high co2 environment after their fully colonizes because the release of co2 is what triggers pinning in mycelium. Its myc's primary pinning trigger the theory as I stated above was a vast drop in co2 will trigger more pin production rather then if you fruit invitro.

The wax paper tek for bulk works along the same theory as properly fruiting pf cakes.

Hope the micro dosing does your dad some good, I'm still trying to get my mom over her fears of mushrooms. Shes a prime candidate for psilocybins healing properties.

#38 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:54 AM

Hope the micro dosing does your dad some good, I'm still trying to get my mom over her fears of mushrooms. Shes a prime candidate for psilocybins healing properties.

So far he's not responding to it but will give it time, his brain may be too far gone to do any good. I've been MD'ing for a few weeks now but haven't noticed any difference in my outlook on life but seem to be a bit calmer and creativity is responding to an extent too.

I've been recommending this video to people who have parents (or significant others) with propaganda issues (I think you know what I mean there), mental health and other brain function problems. It may help you get through to her:

I've been doing FAE since birthing etc so it may be a good idea to hold off on the fanning for a few days and see what happens. I'll keep an eye on the humidity levels in the meantime.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 12 October 2020 - 09:12 AM.

• FunG likes this

#39 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:31 AM

I've got another update on the experiment, the plain jane rye and the one with the cardboard "fuse" are pretty much a bust. I either didn't put enough spores in or I didn't hydrate the rye enough. The other two are pretty much neck and neck, maybe 3/4" up from the bottom. At this point I really can't call this a real experiment anymore considering the lack of colonization, the plain rye should have done something by now.

On another front the BRF cakes are doing better since stopping FAE and light but I am misting them. One of the Argentina's decided to pop out a small one so instead of putting into fruiting I decided to shave it into substrate today. Equal parts manure, vermiculite, coco coir and the other usual ingredients. It's back into the dark tent for colonization. I've got a couple B+ BRF cakes and thinking about doing the same to them. There is only one cake each of BRF Ecuador and Ossira India so not much to work with there. The Ossira is about half a cake and close to fruiting, if I get enough for a good trip that'll be good enough to evaluate it for future cakes. I know what the Ecuador is like and not really impressed with it but as a MD it's working fine. Which reminds me it's time for a dose...

Of the 4 qts that I inoculated two are doing fine (Pink Buffalo and Ban Phang Ka) and of the other two that I inoculated again one is finally showing signs (Mazatapec), I'm hoping the other will get going soon. The slow one is the Golden Teacher, is that pretty much par for the course with them?

As usual I'll keep things updated as they progress.

#40 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:04 AM

You've got some wonderful strains of p.cubensis that you're working with funnyfarmer, I'd kill to have a pink buffalo culture going again. They were my money maker of all p.cubensis for many years up until the po po took the battering ram to my door for unrelated matters.

And the orissa India are allegedly the largest growing p.cubensis on the market with extreme potency so you shouldn't be disappointed.

I missed (or forgot) but what was the nature of your experiment suppose to be again? Just trying different growth medians? Or rye preps?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!