Fisana

- - - - -

Casing Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

I have some hualtla that is cased right now. How long should I keep the saran wrap on it before I put it in the fruiting chamber? Also, how long does it take before the cases will start fruiting? Also, what is the best substance to grow them? I've just been using preasure cooked popcorn

Thanks for any help.

(Message edited by Mosach on February 07, 2005)

(Message edited by Mosach on February 07, 2005)

#2 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:57 AM

I'd keep the saran wrap on for about 3 days, then move it to the fruiting chamber. Fruiting can take anywhere up to 2 or 3 weeks really. Popcorn, rye, wild bird seed, brown rice flour cakes....they grow on lots of stuff really well. Posted Image

#3 Guest_suckerfree_*

Guest_suckerfree_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:00 PM

I'd even toss the saran wrap and use foil, with a few toothpick sized holes in it.

You say you are using straight popcorn eh.... when you get that down you can start mixing that popcorn with pasteruized worm castings to 'increase' substrate which will increase your yeild.

#4 Guest_blackcat_*

Guest_blackcat_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:51 PM

I use foil, and I place my casings into the fruiting chamber right after I make my casings. I leave them in the fruiting chamber with the tinfoil on until they are about 80-90% fully covered with myc, this is about a week. Then I take off the tinfoil so that they get light, and I seen pins soon, then about 4-7days for fruiting. I don't incubate my casings because I do not want a water loss and I do not want to possibly lose my casing to a cunt ham. Good luck

#5 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:59 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

cunt ham.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
what a funny spelling!

#6 sparky

sparky

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:42 PM