• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 terbium

terbium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

I have a couple of dozen 3" peat pots of an assortment of varieties from various vendors. I planted these without having cold treated the seeds. My conditions have been 55-60 deg F night, 70-75 deg F day. Some seeds that I sowed on the 19th have germinated and plants are a 1/4 to 1 inch high now, nine days later. Some of the seeds that I sowed on the 21st are just barely showing signs of germination.

Some of the varieties I have: I have a number of varieties of of peony poppies - double purple, double red, double black, scarlet and Flemish Antique. Also, I have Lauren's Grape from several vendors, Hungarian Blue and various whites. I have no idea which ones will be my favorites. How about other people here, which are your favorites?

Edited by terbium, 28 January 2021 - 02:08 PM.

#22 terbium

terbium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:06 PM

At night I let the humidity drop to 50% in the greenhouse where I have the seedlings, so by evaporative cooling the temperature of the pots should drop almost 10 deg F below ambient.

I plan to grow the plants in pots in the greenhouse, one plant per pot. What size pots do people recommend?

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2021 - 09:45 PM

I have a couple of dozen 3" peat pots of an assortment of varieties from various vendors. I planted these without having cold treated the seeds. My conditions have been 55-60 deg F night, 70-75 deg F day. Some seeds that I sowed on the 19th have germinated and plants are a 1/4 to 1 inch high now, nine days later. Some of the seeds that I sowed on the 21st are just barely showing signs of germination.

Some of the varieties I have: I have a number of varieties of of peony poppies - double purple, double red, double black, scarlet and Flemish Antique. Also, I have Lauren's Grape from several vendors, Hungarian Blue and various whites. I have no idea which ones will be my favorites. How about other people here, which are your favorites?

Sounds like good germinating temperatures. Good luck.

• terbium likes this

#24 Mycol

Mycol

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

I Just sprinkled my two pods out in the snow . I think they are just regular old poppy’s but they’re nice to have around .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!