• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wonky1

Wonky1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:17 AM

I'm an anxious guy. And I got to the point - many years ago - where my heart resided up in my throat and beat to the drum of my worry. My doc put me on Lexapro; it helped and I've been on it ever since. And now - obviously without doing enough research - I've successfully grown a couple of nice crops of B+ and Golden Teacher, and had some not great experiences. 

First time out - I chopped and consumed about 30 grams of fresh B+.  I did have moments of pleasure, but for the most part it wasn't great. Bloating, gas, toilet time, sweating... not exactly what I was hoping for.

Second time – about a week later - dried B+ - about 4 grams pulverized and consumed in a "smoothie." This time, next to nothing - other than a small amount of intestinal distress.

Third time - now a mix of B+ and Golden Teacher - about 10 grams of dried, again in smoothie form. A bit more brightness and light, the world looked a bit more beautiful, but my tummy still hurt and still a very limited, unsatisfactory experience.

4th round - 14 grams of dried B+ and GT.  This definitely made the world look different, the walls could move for me, the birds and trees and insects in the yard were lovely - but again my stomach was unhappy and I ended with a come-down heavy with a feeling of being very flushed, very sweaty, uncomfortable - not nice.

Looking at other posts, I wondered if “it works differently on different people” meant I wasn’t ever going to have a good experience. So here I am, trying to figure out what’s going on. I don’t know why this didn’t jump out at me sooner – though I haven’t been on the site for very long – but the interaction between my prescription SSRI and my mushrooms may very well be at the root of my poor experiences. Well, that and not using a gentler way of consuming i.e. tea.

I’m interested in what others who have been on SSRIs might advise. I worry (hah!) that weaning off Lexapro will bring back the old anxiety levels. But not really sure where to go from here.

• Soliver likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:42 AM

Ah man please take a stroll in the Psychedelic Kitchen forum. Look for some good extraction teks. I would suggest TVCasualty's Lime tek, I also have an alcohol extraction thread going on there. Oh and check out the Honey teks too. Those will help with the tummy discomfort but the SSRI you will have to find out a dose that actually works for you.

• Wonky1 likes this

#3 Wonky1

Wonky1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

Been a little while, but thank-you Mikey. I did two things - I weaned myself off of my SSRI slowly over a period of about 3 weeks. That wasn't easy - and my mental attitude was not good. But I was determined to see if the mushroom experience could be better once I was off the medication. I took your advice and tried the lime tek; a fortunate use for all the limes I juice and freeze when that little tree gets busy.

In short, it was an incredible difference regarding both my mushroom experience and my digestive tolerance. Now if i could find a micro-dose regimen or some viable way to substitute for the SSRI....

Edited by Wonky1, 04 April 2021 - 03:59 PM.

• bezevo, Cuboid, Moonless and 1 other like this

#4 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,079 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:03 PM

This is unrelated since it seems like it was your SSRI, but I'll mention it because I feel like it. :). 

When I first started using mushrooms, I used large amounts and didn't seem to get a full experience. This means I took 5g+ multiple times, sometimes mixed with syrian rue, ending with a string of doses 10g + 3g syrian rue, 7g + 3g syrian rue, then 4g by itself.

So, in my experience, mushrooms can sometimes not work so well for certain people. It was only after many years of mushroom, cactus, and ayahuasca-use that mushrooms opened up for me. It was a slow and gradual process for me. Even though I was set on "getting the answer" that one night when I sat down and downed 10g with syrian rue... The mushrooms just shook their heads, "No sir, you're not ready." 

Edited by Guy1298, 04 April 2021 - 11:04 PM.

• Wonky1 likes this

#5 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,369 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:07 AM

I just can't recommend an ethanol extraction enough, especially for people weaning off ... well, really anything.

Instead of a serious dose, you can take a few mls with your morning java and it makes life better. 

All you need is shrooms, everclear, and a month. 

:)

soliver

• Oneyedraven and Wonky1 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!