64 replies to this topic

#61 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 584 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

I don’t know what they prefer TBH. I barely managed to grow them last winter and they ate the casing. It’s hard to tell from the photo but it looks fine to me as long as the moisture evaporates a bit before you rehydrate. I’m using only vermiculite and sand in my casing and the mycelium isn’t colonizing it this time. I’m just keeping it moist and fluffy, not wet enough for it to pack down but not so dry that it gets crusty. I always let the moisture evaporate some before misting again. At this stage I’m only misting once per day max, usually once every other day. In a few days I will probably up the misting and fanning a little to stimulate primordia and then dial back again when/if pins appear.

#62 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:08 AM

I have them in my pan:mexicana chamber and since pans like it really wet with high FAE that’s what it’s set for. I have another caerulescens shoebox and it’s eating up the casing quickly. Looks a lot better imo. I’m thinking something is off or it would have fruited by now. 26 days in fruiting. Thinking it’s too wet. The moisture does evaporate just not completely. Pans and mexicana both stay pretty wet.

#63 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 684 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:58 AM

I think Caerulescens 'preferring muddy orangish brown soils' can handle a lot of moisture so long as it is not anaerobic?

#64 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:20 PM

Did you recase after it ate the casing don? I put the shoebox in fruit 4 days ago and it’s just about through

#65 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 584 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:29 PM

Nope I just let er be. It still pinned like crazy but only one reached a reasonable size before getting attacked by bacteria.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!