Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

New here and ate some amanita last night...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 magicbrownies

magicbrownies

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:38 AM

Hi everyone 

I have been sitting on some dried amanita that I found in the woods.

Decided last night that it was a good time to try it as I'd stumbled upon and old screenshot I had of a trip report by someone on a forum (not sure if it was this one) 

Anyway I decided to give it a go and started with a small lot, about 7grams caps only, waited an hour then took another 7, waited an hour then another 7 - so 21G total over three hours.

I felt like I was sort of at a rave... Not really much effect and not what I was expecting but was ok. I just mashed them up and made a sandwich with some mayonnaise and ham, They are actually quite tasty this way but I'm not sure if there might be a way of getting more effect.

When I dried them there was a thick dark liquid which was left in the pan - should I have kept this? I kind of feel like that would have been the stuff to make me high. they were picked and dry about three years ago - do they loose potency over time? 

once a long time ago I did eat one fresh and cooked,  but didn't experience much except some anxiety about what was going to happen and sweaty palms

So yeah thanks for having me and I look forward to some conversations in the future! 

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,750 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:10 AM

Hi everyone 

I have been sitting on some dried amanita that I found in the woods.

That is not the usual method of ingestion but we won't judge, lol.

In all seriousness, welcome to Mycotopia!

I have no personal experience with Amanitas but someone around here who does will hopefully drop in to answer your questions.

• makinbones69 likes this

#3 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:44 AM

I ate amanita 2x and disliked them both times. It wasnt like tripping at all just body discomfort for me. I ate around 10g both times and straight consumed them the way u did I didnt get much out of it. Idk if there is a better way I left them behind and immediately started growing cubes.

I'd get into some cubes with the info available at mycotopia and as you progress find a stronger mushroom you think you would like to try your hand at.

Welcome man it's a great place!
  • coorsmikey and Arathu like this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:55 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia......

Amanita muscaria is considered a deliriant and dissociative, definitely NOT the same as psychedelic which is what the active psilocybe's are........

As always a warning for caution is in order. Some Amanita species are deadly....make certain you do your homework and follow through with 100% positive ID or DO NOT eat them....

(all mushrooms should be treated in this manner)

Most people will not enjoy the effects of A. muscaria and it's probably better left for photography and shaman.....just IMHO and from my experiences.....

Muscimol and Ibotenic Acid are the main psychoactive compounds present in many mushrooms of the Amanita genus. Muscimol and Ibotenic Acid are dissociatives and selective agonists for the GABAA receptor set, unlike Psilocybin, which is a psychedelic and an agonist for the 5-HT2A receptor set.

From DMT Nexus....

https://wiki.dmt-nex...d_ibotenic_acid

Folks just learning about mushrooms would probably do better to stick with P. cubensis to start with anyway........

Again welcome aboard, have fun and please do dive down some of the rabbit holes found in this fantastic place.......

Mycotopia is the new library at Alexandria........a legitimate institution of higher learning......

A

• coorsmikey, DonShadow, makinbones69 and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!