• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NatureIsMagic

NatureIsMagic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

Simple question. Also, should I toss the entire affected buds, or is just trimming the rottinv parts enough?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200928_175250.jpg
  • 20200928_175202.jpg

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:34 AM

Yes, it's a bit of rot but for small patches like that I'd just trim the questionable stuff off as well as any spots that look to be covered in anything resembling mycelium (it can be really thin/wispy, like a spider web). That's how I would deal with spots like that when I was growing and I never had a problem smoking the buds afterward.

• NatureIsMagic likes this

#3 NatureIsMagic

NatureIsMagic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

Thanks, I've spotted the mycelium as well after posting. There are also black and brown spots that are potentially bud rot as well. I think I'll have to harvest early, as it's all over the plant, although it's just starting to show up. There's lots of rain incoming in the next few days, and I'm not able to check it regularly.

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

If the buds are already showing some rot then an extended period of rain will definitely not do them any favors.

That's a bummer, but salvaging what you can is better than a total loss.

#5 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:17 PM

Keep them dry.  I got rot in mine last year because I was storing my ladies in a room at night and I had them packed where colas touched.  Bot rot in a week or so.  Best of luck.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!