#1 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

So I dropped my wife off at work and its by a road I used to drive down going to work. I remember finding these guys a few years ago and didn't know what I had found. I believe it is amanita muscaria var. guessowii if posted photos of multiple stages of development and white spores on pineshats the pine is also a good indicator. What do you guys think? Im going to put some on agar and attempt a dionysian wine with it. Also id like to make an l.c. and spread it in my garden

Attached Thumbnails

• 20201001_071959.jpg
  • 20201001_072026.jpg
  • 20201001_074752.jpg
  • 20201001_071753.jpg
  • 20201001_071708.jpg
  • 20201001_071800.jpg
  • 20201001_071756.jpg
  • 20201001_071510.jpg

• Arathu, Skywatcher, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

IDK if you already cross checked with other ID sites but it seems pretty clear from https://www.mushroom..._guessowii.html that you do indeed have Amanita muscaria var. Guessowii - I don't think there are really any look a likes. I am assuming you are in North America.

• Skywatcher and Sicshroom like this

#3 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:29 AM

I sure am in the eastern United States I was fairly confident in my assessment and ive checked a few places but I always like to share and see what others will have to say im not always correct and with mushrooms you can never be to safe
  • Skywatcher and Cuboid like this

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:26 PM

"with mushrooms you can never be to safe" - depends what you're planning on doing with them :)

I presume then you are thinking you might ingest? I dabbled with a small dried amount many years ago. Very light dose - kinda dreamy disconnected feeling.

From what I've read about higher doses it is not for the feint hearted. It's a dissociative not a hallucinogen really.

Of course if you just want food then boil and discard the water 2 or 3 times should remove enough of the ibotenic acid and muscimol to make them none active.

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:27 PM

Only harvest pristine specimens and leave the slug damaged and not intact mushrooms right where you find them.....

Amanita species has a few deadly flavors.....those you have do appear to be A. muscaria var guessowii.....

But for example pic 4,5, and 6 NOT enough information for me....I would leave those.....the others I might have dried out in a dehydrator....

They are fruiting here too...

Edited by Arathu, 03 October 2020 - 05:28 PM.

#6 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

Only harvest pristine specimens and leave the slug damaged and not intact mushrooms right where you find them.....

Amanita species has a few deadly flavors.....those you have do appear to be A. muscaria var guessowii.....

But for example pic 4,5, and 6 NOT enough information for me....I would leave those.....the others I might have dried out in a dehydrator....

They are fruiting here too...

A

Thank you friend

#7 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:05 AM

If you are intending to ingest an amanita (especially a pale one like those) based on the opinions of members of a forum (no offence to them) I think you are insane.
  • Arathu and Sicshroom like this

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

If you are intending to ingest an amanita (especially a pale one like those) based on the opinions of members of a forum (no offence to them) I think you are insane.

No offense taken by me and I reiterate what's been said..... one needs to ensure that THEY THEMSELVES are able to 100% ID any fungi ELSE DO NOT INGEST..........

I bought a biological microscope and multiple guides and collect ID books and data and there are still many that I just photograph and move along......

That's sound advice sway......

A

• Sicshroom and swayambhu like this

#9 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:10 AM

So I have no plans to eat what I harvested, I have however taken stem cutting and transfered them to agar, id like to inoculate some trees in my yard with the mycelium im always on the lookout for adding more mycorrhizal fungi to my land.
  • Arathu and swayambhu like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!