12 replies to this topic

#1 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:34 PM

Hello beautiful mycotopians.

I am back to growing after a couple years off. Started some LC from Fresh spores solution I just ordered and some LC I purchased on Etsy because I was short on time.

3 weeks and not much Growth that I would have expected..

Any thoughts on this LC? No thick mycelium . The B+ has some darker globs but not sure. Y’all are probably gonna tell me to test it.. soaking some WBS now

SO happy to be back :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 8F131B6F-5825-4704-9029-AB1FE20D4D1D.jpeg
  • 0A24F79B-F733-4649-BE7C-29C9098DA80F.jpeg

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,383 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:29 PM

Looks cloudy from here, I am accustomed to (clean) LC being crystal clear in between the puffs of mycelium. That along with you saying not much growth would have me not even considering a test run. Ha I bet you were thinking I would say to test it huh?

Good to see ya around again! Welcome Back!

Edited by coorsmikey, 04 October 2020 - 06:29 PM.

• Arathu likes this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

LC's that I've had that were cloudy like that were bad.....

I wouldn't spend large amounts of grain too hastily....

It's always good to come home....

• coorsmikey, Uncle G and FunG like this

#4 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:52 PM

Thanks! Missed y’all for sure!!

Damn I wonder what happened on both of these..Thought I was starting fresh

Looks cloudy from here, I am accustomed to (clean) LC being crystal clear in between the puffs of mycelium. That along with you saying not much growth would have me not even considering a test run. Ha I bet you were thinking I would say to test it huh?

Good to see ya around again! Welcome Back!

#5 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:45 PM

That lc is bacterial for sure.

When in doubt prep a single grain jar or petri to test it out on prior to mass inoculations, (if you hadnt thought to only use 1 jar for each lc already)
  • Arathu likes this

#6 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:28 AM

That lc is bacterial for sure.

When in doubt prep a single grain jar or petri to test it out on prior to mass inoculations, (if you hadnt thought to only use 1 jar for each lc already)

Bacterial vs what? Fungal? Whats the difference? Trying to learn as much from my mistakes as successes.

#7 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

Bacteria is bacteria (it shows in liquid cultures generally by the thin whispy growth like the stuff in your cultures)

Fungi looks like a big puff ball for a lack of a better explanation.

Once you run a healthy lc you'll see the difference between myc and bacteria.

#8 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:21 AM

Random question... How do I dispose of contamed jars? Have a bunch in the garage that are all sorts of nasty from a spot that didn't work out and I dont want to open them up at my new spot. Already got new jars and lids so I dont mind just tossing... but is that a bad idea if someone finds it who knows what it is?

#9 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:40 PM

You could just sterilize the jars to kill everything inside then dump the contents and recycle your jars.

Or just trash them, that would be the easy route.

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:32 PM

PC and then open in a bleach water bucket.....mix the bleach water fairly strong and don't do it inside the house...

Avoid splashing into your face or on you....let jars and lids soak overnight...wash well and go back to work.....

Wear gloves and then wash yourself, hands and etc. well afterwards........I think it's good to learn to be cautious personally.....

A

#11 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

PC and then open in a bleach water bucket.....mix the bleach water fairly strong and don't do it inside the house...

Avoid splashing into your face or on you....let jars and lids soak overnight...wash well and go back to work.....

Wear gloves and then wash yourself, hands and etc. well afterwards........I think it's good to learn to be cautious personally.....

A

Ya that's where my thinking is... So open contents submerged in bucket, then take and dump into a trash bag? Really dont want to spread any of these nasty.

#12 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,383 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:21 PM

I would have settled with LEO getting a hold of them and then opening them in the lab that then contaminates everything they are testing. I'm pretty sure the average trash digger isn't to concerned with what's in those jars. But with the canning jar shortage who knows? If it is LEO watching your trash bin then you are hotter than you think. I would toss em!

Edited by coorsmikey, 12 October 2020 - 08:21 PM.

#13 Vikings333

Vikings333

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:56 PM

Hmmm 99% it’s fine to toss, probably just overthinking.

On another not noc’ed up 14 brand new jars. Can’t wait to see some fuzzzzzz

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!