• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Noob3

Noob3

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:03 AM

Hello, I have acquired a p.azure aka ufo mushrooms spore syringe I'm going to attempt an indoor grow with them using coco coir as the bulk substrate and wbs as the grain spawn I was successful with my last PE grow and I'm broding my horizons

#2 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 571 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 12:40 PM

Hey, Psilocybe azuresens is actually a cold-weather species that grows on wood debris. You’ll have better luck using your wbs to inoculate a bag of hardwood sawdust and using that to inoculate layers of cardboard and woodchips outside in the spring. Here’s a good thread to refer to; It’s a bit long but full of good info if you take the time to comb through it a bit:

https://mycotopia.ne...grow-log/page-1

I also wrote this tek which you may find helpful:

https://mycotopia.ne...-tek-that-works

Edited by DonShadow, 05 October 2020 - 12:43 PM.

• Arathu and Baphom3t like this

#3 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

The general and not super-reliable impression that I have gleaned from the internet is that Azurescens are a little finnickety or at least reluctant to fruit.

My own experience conforms with this- psilocybe cyanescens, a close relative= loads of mushrooms. Azurescens= mycelium not quite as aggressive as cyanescens and after two years, zero mushrooms. But that might just be me.

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:35 PM

Watch video's of people showing the species you are interested in and pay close attention to the environments you see.....

Strive to recreate the conditions you see as close as possible using the set of techniques you already know....

Azures are challenging but not impossible....it's a woodlover so be prepared for years of experiments....

Good vibes coming atcha......

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!