• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:41 AM

Hey guys haven’t been here minute been just chilling hard asf Lololol. But I got some plants I started from seed in late april starting may,
And then I also got some seedlings feminized seeds start from dark heartnursey at a clinic here. They pre flowered on me. The ones from seed much much easier to maintain no problems really. Others pre flowered and stuff.
my question is tho WHEN TO harvest my gelato 41 it’s getting time j think and then I have 3 vanilla frosting Og from dark heart. They don’t all look the same since they are all from seedlings that’s what I expect tho! Dope so cool but when is it time? right now on the gelato Trichomes are milky and 3-5% amber maybe 10%. And leaves are dying and fading good. I’m thinking this weekend or next forsure? Hm
and my vanilla frosting all 3 are a bit different nugs, I think ones a bit ahead rest, the hairs are orange already, and the middle one doesn’t feel as dense but I think it’s more creamy sugar pheno type? And last one is a mix. trichome wise, the vanilla are superrrrrrr milky and 10% amber easy. Do I flush them in anyway to help get best results? I’m using organic Soils and nuts. rn I’m watering every day lol. Roots big lol. just wanna get abit more advice from some for you experienced masters!!! Hope everyone is staying strong.

#2 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:49 AM

Here we go.. last few are Vanilla frosting.

Attached Thumbnails

• BEA13E14-6D70-4ACD-A568-1D5B1801A72E.jpeg
  • 1BC1EF07-8677-4E10-B11D-EF17181476B8.jpeg
  • 2E55CECC-DDE4-4AF0-B103-5C6F1CEB704A.jpeg
  • 03E3BC10-5044-4020-8695-4DCF3012B5D7.jpeg
  • 6313689D-50B8-4194-97F4-23D7DA54DA00.jpeg
  • 4184EDF5-7A2E-4B71-B524-588183500F54.png
  • 46F1C620-0E52-4AAE-AA7E-BCD5C7B095DC.png

• Myc, Skywatcher and YoshiTrainer like this

#3 dice

dice

Jack of all trades.

• OG VIP
  • 2,522 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:13 AM

Well this comes down to personal preference. I like mine early in the window, a little more clear a little less amber, especially indica. If you want couch lock you want lots of amber.

From your pics you're still a few weeks out. The 1 trichome pic you posted is getting close, but it looks like that's trichs on sugar leaves. You want to check trichomes on the calyxs not leaves, the trichs on trim turn amber well before the trichs on calyxs. You actually have new growth too with fresh white pistils. So I'm saying 3 weeks and check again. You can always cut a small bud and quick dry it for a sample. It won't taste good but it'll tell ya the high youd get. Just snip a lower bud and lay it on top your light for a couple days till dry and try it.

What day of flower are you? I start flower count 2 weeks after initial 12/12. Keep in mind most strains are 9-10 week flower no matter what breeder says

Edit to say if you're growing organic no flush is needed

Edited by dice, 05 October 2020 - 06:15 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:45 AM

Well this comes down to personal preference. I like mine early in the window, a little more clear a little less amber, especially indica. If you want couch lock you want lots of amber.

From your pics you're still a few weeks out. The 1 trichome pic you posted is getting close, but it looks like that's trichs on sugar leaves. You want to check trichomes on the calyxs not leaves, the trichs on trim turn amber well before the trichs on calyxs. You actually have new growth too with fresh white pistils. So I'm saying 3 weeks and check again. You can always cut a small bud and quick dry it for a sample. It won't taste good but it'll tell ya the high youd get. Just snip a lower bud and lay it on top your light for a couple days till dry and try it.

What day of flower are you? I start flower count 2 weeks after initial 12/12. Keep in mind most strains are 9-10 week flower no matter what breeder says

Edit to say if you're growing organic no flush is needed

As stated in this post, you really want to look into how long they have been flowering in addition to what the trichromes look like. The flowering time should be used as an indication as to when you should start looking at the trichromes. I would not rely on trichrome color alone but rather would use them as a secondary approach after I approach the expected number of weeks in flower.

#5 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:23 PM

Got it got! Thank you guys sooo much! yes I think I will let them all go another Week. Can’t hurt. I will Be checking trichomes again and I will look back to when they started to flower! You guys are right there with those methods there’s is no getting confused or not knowing when flower cycle ends. Well this first grow was a lot thrown at me. I ordered like 20 seeds of auto flower good genetics and crosses so I’m gunna try some more of those! Get the hand of this process start to finish. And summer I’ll do some dank feminized Seedlings crosses.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!