• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 10PinHead10

10PinHead10

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:17 PM

Me and my girl found that grinding our mushrooms up with a food processor, mixing in a tablespoon or more of lime juice (or lemon juice, but we prefer lime), a teaspoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water, let sit for 10-15mins and then drinking it like a shot TOTALLY eliminates all bodyload and nausea. Plus it makes the taste a lot lot better. Not sure if it has something to do with the citric acid binding to the active compounds or what, because in reality ur still ingesting the same amount of everything, but I don't think it's just placebo effect. The people we told to do this also have all reported the same positive results.
  • TVCasualty likes this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,484 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:25 PM

Glad you like it. And I definitely prefer lime over lemon juice, too. I also prefer to crunch them up into small bits with my fingers rather than powdering them since it works either way, and to let them soak for 20-30 minutes just to be sure that whatever is going on has gone on enough.

FWIW, this website was one of the first places to start promoting that approach (if not the first; it's hard to tell) back before I signed up as a member in 2005: https://mycotopia.ne...ce-lemon-juice/ (there are a number of much more recent threads about it around here somewhere)

That link is mainly for historical reference. Ignore the currant juice stuff., it's not worth the bother (or the massive dose of sugar).

• coorsmikey, Juthro, newmoon and 1 other like this

#3 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Has anyone done any experiments on what the shelf life of that juice is? Or if longer extraction times work better?

Heading over to that thread now to comb through it to see if it'll answer my questions

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,484 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:55 AM

Probably a lot longer than tea, but not as long as mixed into honey.

No idea on extraction time; it would be nice to be able to test these things properly. But I've never been disappointed by a 20 minute soak. Letting it sit for an hour might be even better, but I haven't tried it.

#5 Ferather

Ferather

Mycological

• Free Member
  • 1,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

"Psilocybin is a prodrug that is converted into the pharmacologically active compound psilocin in the body by a dephosphorylation reaction. This chemical reaction takes place under strongly acidic conditions, or under physiological conditions in the body, through the action of enzymes called alkaline phosphatases." -- Source

When I investigated the Lemon-tek, I found that its the acidity that makes the Psilocybin convert more readily. It doesn't increase potency (same amount of psilocybin), just reaction speed.

#6 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:40 PM

I've come across references to it coming on harder with the trade-off of a shorter trip. Is there any truth to it or is it a bunch of BS?

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,484 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

It definitely shortens it (IME). Even very high doses (6+ grams) are done in 6 hours, tops. As in "you can drive home now" done.

My guess it's because the dose is absorbed nearly all at once, which is why the trip unfolds more like a spike than a wave (it drops off as fast as it comes on).

#8 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 777 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:36 PM

If you like the lemon tek you should try gummies. They have that same feel and keep a bit longer.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!