• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:04 AM

Hey guys so I have some outdoor bud fresh frozen I’ve grown, and I got a mini bubble machine as well now and the bubble bags. Any tips with water or ice or temps maybe in a room not outdoor or any tips with the hash to get best results and yileds? I wash rn 2-3 times every time but was wondering if 4-5 times is ok too. my last wash I had realllly good yeild 3 wash. My other times 3rd wash is crap or nothing. This time I had some good yeild it was more green then the first pulls but still. I’m wondering if maybe I could’ve done 5-6 wash if I’m still getting little spoons full on some bags still. I didn’t get any foamy stuff really this time but I’m sure if I washed another time or time I would’ve! And I’m not sure if that’s bad or good but I think good lol. and I’m trynna get good color hash so could I freeze my hash and then grind it with strainer? And repeat? Or the color is what it is kinda. and what if “food” grade hash considered”

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:03 AM

Sounds like you are off to a good start! I use 2 buckets, 1 w/bubble bags, 1 w/out, no machine. Freeze your fresh flower, put it in the bucket w/out a bag in it, w/enough water to cover and add 1/2-1 bag of ice. Let sit about 15min then start agitating, I use a big wooden spoon. You want a firm but gentle agitation, you are not wanting to crush your trichomes. Let I sit for about 5 min then pour of the liquid into you empty bucket w/coursee mesh bag in place. I use my hand to hold the plant matter back while pouring. Now, decisions, you can process you first pour through smaller mesh sized bags to clean it up. You can also process the plant matter repeatedly and continue to add it to you second bucket before you process it. As for how many times, it is up to you, eventually the work you put in is not worth the results.

From your second bucket, you can strain you trichomes by size if you'd like using various bags. I let mine dry and keep it as kief or powdered hash in a jar, in the freezer. You can freeze it, then run it over a zester and press it into block form too. The greener the final product, the more it is suited for edibles, you still need to decarb it. If you just want edible grade hash, use CO2 extraction, same idea but faster

Good luck!
  • Microbe likes this

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:15 AM

I forgot, if you want, you can rerun your kief/hash to take out any green left and purify your product.
  • Microbe likes this

#4 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,637 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys so I have some outdoor bud fresh frozen I’ve grown, and I got a mini bubble machine as well now and the bubble bags. Any tips with water or ice or temps maybe in a room not outdoor or any tips with the hash to get best results and yileds? I wash rn 2-3 times every time but was wondering if 4-5 times is ok too. my last wash I had realllly good yeild 3 wash. My other times 3rd wash is crap or nothing. This time I had some good yeild it was more green then the first pulls but still. I’m wondering if maybe I could’ve done 5-6 wash if I’m still getting little spoons full on some bags still. I didn’t get any foamy stuff really this time but I’m sure if I washed another time or time I would’ve! And I’m not sure if that’s bad or good but I think good lol. and I’m trynna get good color hash so could I freeze my hash and then grind it with strainer? And repeat? Or the color is what it is kinda. and what if “food” grade hash considered”

Man as far as yields, dry ice extraction is the absolute best. I would have to find my notes but there are 3 specific micron bags i use in addition to the work bag out if the 11 set i have.

#5 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:35 PM

Microbe, do you process your dry ice extraction any further? I love CO2 kief for edibles but it burns weird for me. It is more of a smolder, even w/a torch lighter, doesn't vaporize well for me either.
  • Microbe likes this

#6 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,637 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:14 PM

Microbe, do you process your dry ice extraction any further? I love CO2 kief for edibles but it burns weird for me. It is more of a smolder, even w/a torch lighter, doesn't vaporize well for me either.

Nope. I lay it out and let it dry then bag in up. I use it to make edibles and occasionally the wife will smoke some it. The yields increased 10 fold for me when i used dry ice. However the quality is sacrificed based on what i have read. I don't smoke...or can't smoke so i wouldn't know. I did try to press some hash but it was to much work for such little product i was getting. Im about to start back and play around with some mushrooms and cannabis.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#7 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:32 PM

I agree on the yields, it is great for edibles. Sometimes I'll use one of the larger micron bags and extract a bunch of greenish kief using CO2. From there, use ice water to extract further and raising it's potency.

Good luck with your grows!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!