3 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:05 AM

"

To make things more complicated, one of the herbs constituents, oroxylin A is a strong P-glycoprotein inhibitor. P-glycoprotein is trongly present in the blood-brain barrier, the lining of the gi tract, renal tubular cells, capillary endothelial cells, and the blood-testes barrier. It reduces the amount of substances that cross over those bariers in order to protect what is on the other side. This is why berbine is mostly confined to the GI tract). P-glycoprotein inhibitors allow more of a substance to cross barriers that are high in P-glycoprotien. That means if you are taking skullcap, any substance take with it will end up in higher levels in the bloodstream, thus increasing its impacts in the system."

WARNING: I have not tried this; and this herb is a STRONG potentiator of many pharmaceuticals and other herbs. If you are on any type of medication for anything, and If you don't know what you're doing, consult a professional before messing with any herbal syngerist.

So, I'm curious, there's a number of strong herbal syngerists out there, that potentiate the thereapuetic/antiviral/etc effects of other herbs as well as pharmaceuticals; by way of inhibiting various metabolic pathways.

We're well aware of the effects of certain MAOI's on the hallucinatory experience

My question is has anyone experimented with other herbal syngerists, specifically in relation to their effects on the psilocybin experience.

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 611 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:24 PM

I got really into herbalism a few years ago. At the time I had bought a bunch of hebs to mix in with spliffs to cut down on my hefty cannabis bill that I was racking up. I found that some of these herbs were good to smoke, I especially liked blue lotus flower, damania, mullein and a friend of mine liked skull cap. While the taste of the skull cap smoke was nice and spicy, I didn't notice much difference on the cannabis experience.

A few months later after buying these herbs I got into making teas. My most favorite was blue lotus as a nice relaxant and sedative but I also used damania for sex. A damania tea paired with red wine made for a good evening of love making! Another herb I use is Calamus rhizome. When chewed as a salve it helps keep nausea down and energy up, this plant helped me get through college because my large doses of coffee made me want to puke and Calamus held it down.

In reference to the psilocybin experience I have only used a few other plants with it. The most prominent is Cacao. Cacao is the best to pair with mushrooms! It helps relieve stress and creates a nice energetic synergy with the mushroom, it also helps me stay energized during heavy body load. Theres others here who can really speak on the effects of cacao but I just wanted it put it out there.

The last is cannabis. I have used canabis a lot with mushrooms. The mushrooms as a given rule will potentiate the affects of any psychedelic drug, and can even make some non psychadellics-like cacao- very potent and synergistic. I've found that cannabis to be extremely potent on mushrooms. Because the effects happen so fast, it can take a peak into the next gear or cause another mini peak. I've found it to produce intense visuals when paired with mushrooms.

Thats all I've got to say about that!

#3 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:30 AM

"Non-psychedelics like cacao"

My friend you have not been getting the right Cacao.

• coorsmikey and DonShadow like this

#4 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:55 PM

best mushroom trip I had was a chocolate but I cant confirm the species. also definitely smoking weed intensifies the effect (of probably anything)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!