• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bostock1957

Bostock1957

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:12 PM

Hi, Newbie here, Go by the name of BoStock, but friends and you may all consider yourself friend, usually call me Bo.

Back in 1979 I got into this using quart size wide mouth jars ,  a pressure cooked, brown rice, pinch of gypsom , cooked em 90 mins on 15lbs,,let me cool, take em out, infuse them, close the lid but leave it breathable and put em under a grow light forever.  Betore we stopped because folks were overdoing it, one guy decided to shave and came out with blood cuts all over his face and managed to ask us "What's wrong"  Duh, look in the mirror!!!  He was ok but we said enough then so we got out of it.  But looking forward to see if things are still done the same or not.  I've read about these giant tubs but could not figure out for the life of me how you'd sterilize something that big?  Wipe it down with alcohol?

Thanks for your time and 

Sincerely glad to help if ever needed,

Bo

on TTime

#2 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 792 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:23 AM

Tubs aren't sterilized, only sanitized so yes wipe down with alcohol.
You would mix in the colonized grain, rice in your case, with a pasteurized bulk substrate of your choice.

#3 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,506 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Welcome to topia Bo! Times have indeed changed but we can keep you updated and if you have any questions don't hesitate to make a thread and ask

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:43 PM

Hello Bo,

Nowadays people begin cultivation with the PF tek then move to bulk grows. I'm not sure if its much different from the past but it might be good to refresh on these topics.

There are many many great resources:

Magic for the masses: a great beginner guide on all things cube cultivation. uses PF tek

Rotessorie tek: basically a bulk tek that is in-between cakes and shoebox size teks I personally use this tek

Dub tub tek: this is a great reliable bulk tek

Of course please check out the new vaults on growing tips and pictures to study!

• FunG likes this

#5 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:17 AM

Bo

What is it with us bearded fellas always wanting to shave while high on mushrooms? A tall that should only take 20minutes becomes a endeavor into the abyss of insanity....

The last time I tryed shaving while high as a kite on 3.5g of golden teachers i could barley align the razor with my face cause it was morphing every which way, took me 3.5 hours to get it trimmed up properly almost the length of the trip haha

Nothing much has changed but instead of whole brown rice people have adapted to using rye grain with a pinch of gympsum.

Rye grain produces more then brown rice flour.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!