• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

Im wondering if there is a tek here on topia for this particular grow style. And am also wondering why i don't see it being utilized as the yeilds appear to be far greater, with cost being so low, seems to be a no brainer aye? Unless im missing something of course. But it would be cool to see someone knock up a 6ft hay bail lol.
  • FunG likes this

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:55 AM

Ever see the movie with George Clooney called "men with brooms" it's either that movie or "o brother where art thou" where George clooney's character meets up with this old hippie guy and they go to the hippie guys barn and theres straw logs of p.cubensis hanging up everywhere and they never mention p.cubensis or point out the obvious mushrooms in the dialog which is pretty comical.

Just thought I'd mention it, I only seen that scene specifically rather then the whole movie.

Anyways back to your question, straw logs require abit more work then just spawning to a tub and dont nessicarily increase the overall yield because of increased surface space so it's mostly just a labour thing. I've seen some people make up straw logs but as I mentioned the yield was the same as if they were grown in a tub.

Yup, other then looking cool straw logs are best left for edibles like oysters although p.cubensis will do equally well.

Your question has me wondering when the next person will post a straw log lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!