• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Akari

Akari

The Priest and Priestess as One

• OG VIP
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:23 PM

I'm attempting APES, with much difficulty.

Around the 27th of August, I moved up a jar of rye with a full syringe of a living culture from a vendor. After a prolonged period of stalled grown, I did a grain to grain to a jar of corn.

The corn fully colonized.
I then did a grain to grain from their to 6 jars. These jars are incredibly slow. They seem to not even want to touch the new corn.

I don't know exactly what my issue is, so I'm just taking shots in the dark.

When I did my last grain to grain, I isolated some my from grain and I've got that going on agar.

What exactly am I doing wrong? Should I spawn PE to birdseed, or do I just need to do a ton of agar work to get any viable growth? I've sifted through insane amounts of information on both fronts. I've dialed in everything perfect with my other cubes, but I can't get this to do shit. HALP

#2 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 809 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

That's weird, I just got a spore syringe from a vendor and went straight to whole oats. Colonization time was average and fruiting was slow but not terrible. The entire surface of the substrate was covered in fruits. I'm wondering if I didnt get some kind of fluke genetics here that it was so easy.

The only possible thing I see wrong with what you say you did was put a whole syringe in one jar.

#3 DickMoby

DickMoby

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

"with a full syringe of a living culture from a vendor"

Was it a vendor in england ?

I can't get ape where I live and found a new vendor through a mate in england.
They sold ape spore syringes, what I got was a heavily contaminated LC, no chance to work with that.

Stalling often is a sign of contamination or too dry korn

#4 Akari

Akari

The Priest and Priestess as One

• OG VIP
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:22 PM

Not english

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!