• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:40 AM

So I recently put a small dub tub Into to fruiting conditions. Problem is I have appeared to over misted and drowned my hyphil knots. The surface is now looking smooth and sheeny. Is there anyway to save this grow?

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 667 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2020 - 02:44 AM

Yes! Over misting is a very common problem. If the over misting is really bad, which means that you have puddles of water on the sub, you can dab it off with a paper towel. Otherwise you can just stop misting it for a few days and allow it to evaporate and trigger more pinning.

If you think about it, as long as the sub is allowed to have evaporation between misting then you should be fine. Often times after a dunk the sub comes out dripping, smooth and sheeny like you describe. But once it is allowed to evaporate by not misting it for a day or two it will be producing alot of pins.

Overall a dubtub is a very hands off thing, especially if you are growing the cubensis mushroom. Misting and fanning everyday or three times a day isn't always necessary. I'm currently doing a grow bag grow where I never misted and I give it FAE only once every other day. Despite the 'neglect'I had a great big first flush! Since a grow bag has less FAE than a dubtub set up this should tell you that misting isn't so necessary all the time.

Heres some good info about the dub-tub tek from DonShadow : https://mycotopia.ne...sis-martinique/

• Baphom3t, Salty117 and FunG like this

#3 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:51 PM

Cool thanks. I checked today and this is how it looks. I think the picture looks better than real life. You can see a few water droplets but other than that the mycelium is kinda matted down unfortunately. Maybe another night and it will have recovered better

Attached Thumbnails

• 20201023_090146.jpg
  • 20201023_090123.jpg

#4 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:52 PM

so update on this little problem of mine. my cake is looking a litle different. but also what are these little hairs coming out. is that a mutation of sorts. i did use a fungalcide on this tub before wiping it out with iso but it still smelled chemically. also these cakes are in there as well. I did get a great shroom x2 off the small pf cake on the left as shown. any we be apreciated.  Fyi im using a unmodified tub with air supply, water pump and mister.  mister is on a timer cuz im afraid to overmist again!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20201103_123459.jpg
  • 20201103_123448.jpg
  • 20201103_123617.jpg
  • 20201028_203146.jpg
  • 20201028_190245.jpg

#5 jrh

jrh

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:04 PM

When I've over misted I've sometimes gotten a fungal overlay, but I'm too inexperienced to say for yours. The pics look like your knots are almost "covered in fog" or "misty" looking and that's why I'm wondering if someone else hasn't moved in. 

With the cakes, are those bubble tea straws in the middle? Are they just handles that you shoved in after birthing? I love how they look like birthday cake candles!

#6 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

yes they are water reservoirs I read about. I feel like I smell sourness on those small cakes now though,  so maybe the straws arent a good thing. However the larger one definetly still has mushroom smell. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!