• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 planetcaravan03

planetcaravan03

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

So.....I kinda forgot about a jar that I did a G2G transfer at the end of July. I have a bunch of other jars that I am about to put with some coco and I have this particular jar. It has some yellowish liquid on the outside. No weird smells or anything. Just looking for a more seasoned veteran to give me a yay or nay. Or should I keep it separate from the other jars? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Oops1.jpg
  • Oops2.jpg

#2 Mycol

Mycol

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 11:03 AM

I’ve got a dozen jars like that where I just couldn’t get to them in time . This weekend I’ll probably dig a small hole for each jar and put them in the holes with a little composted cow manure on top . Probably place these at the edge of a tree line where they can get a little morning sun .
  • Moonless likes this

#3 DickMoby

DickMoby

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:27 PM

That jar was chilling here since 14. july and also had a good amount of liquid in the jar.

It didn't smell bad when I opened it but also not like fresh mycelium.

IMG_20201021_154644.jpg

Decided to just bulk it and see how it does.

When I scooped it out of the jar, there was kind of a sour smell and the lower part that was sitting in water for months was dead and squishy.

Tho I just bulked the whole thing

IMG_20201023_220353.jpg

After now two days its already visibly colonizing the bulk.

I'll see how it turns out, didn't store jars for that long on room temp before that one.

The mycelium in your jar is still solid white and not like the transparent dead from my big jar.

I won't recommend you to bulk it until I see how this tub turns out but you should be good to case the grain and just fruit it cased.

I'll let you know how the tub did!

• planetcaravan03 likes this

#4 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

It looks an awful lot like an all in one bag I pitched into the yard. Much to my surprise over a month later I had shrooms sprouting from it, even after going through a drought. Like all shrooms they weren't necessarily tasty but they did the important part... My problem with it was the focus of my first post here. I wouldn't necessarily pitch it. Mix with the substrate of your choice and see how it behaves.

• coorsmikey and planetcaravan03 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!