• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:31 PM

Repost here to also have it at the right spot.

I've been working on this method for a while and I'm glad to be able to share it with people who can profit from it.

To be fair, a bigger dehydrator is needed but apart of that anyone can do it relatively simple at home.

So let's get started.

- Cracker dry, powdered mushs

- Vodka (I've used 37,5% alcohol)

- Silicone oven form

- coffee iso can or another container to keep liquid warm

- meat thermometer

- dehydrator

- Dextrose

- kitchen towel (please use one thats not been washed with softeners, that stuff that adds smell to fabrics, it will land in the final product that you ingest)

- container to catch the extracted liquid, a single use glove and a gram scale.

The cracker dry powdered mushs go straight into the iso container, Iˋve used a very old food iso container that keeps food hot over hours, a coffee or tea iso can works too.

li876atn.jpg

With a meat thermometer Vodka is heated in a household waterboiler until it reaches 140 fahrenheit and then poured over and mixed with the mush powder.

e3t5l4y9.jpg

The mixture should be liquidy, not a paste

cckt7ww7.jpg

The container then is closed and chills for 4 hours, in that time the container or can gets swirled around a couple times.

After the extraction period its strained through a kitchen towel

a4g698ja.jpg

The remaining mush powder in the kitchen towel is saved in a jar and stored in the freezer, yet I haven`t done a second run on extracted powder but there has to be some magic left in it.
Gonna do a second run once I've collected a full jar.

Thats what the liquid looks like after the extraction

647neo23.jpg

The filtered liquid then is filled into a silicone oven form for the evaporation process inside of the dehydrator.
Use a silicone form!! that stuff is sticky and not fun to work with in a glass bowl or something else!

tcy5q8ga.jpg

I run the dehydrator at lowest setting (113 fahrenheit with my device) until all the liquid is evaporated

The remaining "resin" is then put into the freezer for 30-60mins until its solid and breakable.

Put some Dextrose on the table for the next step and get the gram scale ready.

Use a single use glove on one hand and break a piece of the extract out of the plate, you can break it easily by folding the silicone form in different directions.

The rest of the extract is put back into the freezer.

You only keep a piece of it outside because it warms up very fast and becomes extremely sticky and hard to weigh and roll.

Thats what it looks like when its at room temp

urmxifpo.jpg

between your fingers it becomes even softer and starts sticking.

So the broken piece is then weighed quickly into 1g pieces and rolled in Dextrose to make it less sticky

8s88uuy2.jpg

After the Dextrose roll its formed into a small sausage and filled into capsules

qxqoh7hi.jpg

You take step by step, piece by piece out of the freezer to make sure its easy to work with.

m5devfgt.jpg

The capsules are then stored in the freezer!

Dosage depends on the potency of your fruits, Iˋd say 1-2 capsules for a medium dose, more for stronger doses.
Iˋve only done this extraction with cubes, if you use pans or other species then you should of course adjust the dosage and not use the same!

Theres no stomach issues at all, the capsules are easy to swallow or you can alternatively dissolve the extract in tea or coffee for a faster come up.

Doesnˋt taste like mushs, kind of sweet and sour.

Have fun, stay safe!

Edited by DickMoby, 26 October 2020 - 01:36 PM.

#2 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:20 AM

Conceivably a person could use a powdered agent other than dextrose

such as powdered lions mane mushrooms :)

• Cuboid and Moby like this

#3 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:14 AM

Sure that could be an alternative.

I still couldn't get myself to take the extract capsule thats sitting at room temp here since almost three months to test how long it stays potent outside of the freezer.

Don't want to trip atm

If someone uses lions mane powder, I'd definately only store it in the freezer.

The extract becomes pretty soft on room temp and would put some moisture into the lions mane powder, could probably ferment or grow mold if kept at room temp.

Dextrose was my choice because its a very fine food grade powder that I had at home and it works good but of course you can use whatever you want

#4 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

This may sound stupid, but homemade marshmallows get coated in a combination of corn starch and powdered sugar and that keeps them from sticking together. I always wish there was a "delete my post" function when I'm about to say something like this.

#5 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:28 PM

This may sound stupid, but homemade marshmallows get coated in a combination of corn starch and powdered sugar and that keeps them from sticking together. I always wish there was a "delete my post" function when I'm about to say something like this.

It's not stupid, for the sake of simplicity I think I'd prefer dextrose tho.

Whoever does the extraction can just use what the person has on hand

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!