• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeyJoe95

SmokeyJoe95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:34 AM

I have one of my shoeboxes in fruiting conditions and I’m wanting to know if any fanning or misting would be recommended by anyone

#2 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 665 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:45 AM

Never grown anything in a shoebox.
Is that like a box you get from a shoe place that's had other folks feet junk in the box and you bought it and decided to grow in it? That's just fuckin' weird....but anyway.
I know you'll get farther posting a pic or 2.
I'll go to guess it's kinda like a tub and should be gave FAE 2-3 times a day and mist accordingly.
Without a pic, it kind of makes it hard to see what you are asking advice for.
And welcome to topia man !! :smile:

#3 SmokeyJoe95

SmokeyJoe95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:49 AM

Like this. I’m just a newb and I’m just getting started

Attached Thumbnails

• A6F30FCD-F5F7-4384-AFE9-F52025545241.jpeg
  • B9078EFD-5B4F-4F50-80A1-49B1A7838610.jpeg
  • 7EFE0FE3-5C7F-4EFE-8694-9A4CAF23FFEB.jpeg

Edited by SmokeyJoe95, 01 November 2020 - 03:50 AM.

• Baphom3t likes this

#4 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 665 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:13 PM

Just fan 2-3 times a day and mist as needed.
Decent grow there man.
I saw your post over here -->  https://mycotopia.ne...owdy-mycotopia/

• pastyoureyes likes this

#5 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:23 PM

You could mist 2-3 times a day like baphom3t said. If you forget it's probably not going to be a big deal unless your substrate is drying up. Do you have another tub that you cover the bottom one with (dubtub) or just using the lid?

I fill shoeboxes all the way and do dubtubs. Compared to your pics I tend to get larger fruits. Could be a number of other factors though.
gallery_150062_1522_156820.jpg

Here's a tip for using the forum. Post a single thread for your grow and ask all your questions there instead of posting lots of threads. It will help keep all the info in one place for you and the people replying. Each time someone replies to the thread it will get bumped to the top of the forum so you don't need to worry about your thread getting buried.
  • Baphom3t and Misfit like this

#6 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

I want to take credit for dub tub shoeboxes so very badly but dont want to look like a narcissistic person lol

I did the original dub tub shoebox tek and posted it to another website many years ago (but under 10yr) ... the dubtub shoebox had holes in the lid for f.a.e just like a monotub hav four holes for fae. And the top was held in place with micropore tape between the bottom and upper shoeboxes.

If you put the holes for fae then it should be fully automated, no need to mist or fan
..that was the idea.

I curse the other website for losing my pictures whether it was hardware failure or true narcissist thieving other folks work and ideas.
  • pastyoureyes and Misfit like this

#7 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:18 AM

I just want to add that the term “must as required” helps almost no one. I definitely flooded most of my first cakes because of this. Dubtub ftw. Even if some narcissist designed it. You aren’t a Taurus are you [mention]FunG [/mention]

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,531 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:28 AM

I have old pics of me doing shoe box grows with inverted tubs on top as far back as 07. I got the idea from someone else I'm sure. Should be here in the history as well.

I am a Taurus too!

Edited by coorsmikey, 03 November 2020 - 08:31 AM.

#9 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:47 AM

Good to know [mention]coorsmikey [/mention]you weren’t throwing narcissist around all Willy-nilly though haha
  • coorsmikey likes this

#10 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:16 PM

Maybe it was earlier then that coorsmikey, my memory is going quickly the older I get. I wasnt claiming to have thought of the original dub tub design just the use of those plastic shoeboxes when I seen them at home depot I was like "these would make excellent dub tubs" so maybe I am being a bit narcissistic but cloth micropore tape was all me ;p as far as the other website is concerned I didnt bother checking topia or its older archives so maybe I'm living a deranged fantasy like narcissists tend to do haha fack me.
  • pastyoureyes likes this

#11 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:06 AM

I first saw dubtubs on another site, maybe it was even your post depending on which one. I dont recall mention of micropore tape being mentioned but that's what I ended up doing for a while too. Maybe it's the "hundred monkey effect". It always seems like a waste of tape, wish someone could think of a better way to hold the tubs together that keeps fruit flies out as well as the tape.

#12 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

I only recently started proper dub tubs. Many years ago, I would fruit colonized shoe boxes in the sgfc.

#13 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2020 - 07:14 PM

I only recently started proper dub tubs. Many years ago, I would fruit colonized shoe boxes in the sgfc.

Which way do you like better?

#14 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:41 PM

I like the dub tubs better. They pretty much maintain themselves. Simplifies the process.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!